Digital Art Zone

2 of 5
DSON Importer for Poser 1.1.1.33 General Release, Now Available!
Posted: 13 March 2014 10:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  488
Joined  2003-10-09

I imported a genesis figure and put on some clothes, hair and a pose.  Then I saved the Pz3 and closed it.  when I reopen it I get little windows that say “importing dson data” and these windows just go on and on.  I think it took 10 mins to load the PZ3. Is that normal.
Actually it says I am using version 1.1.12.117 - is that the wrong version?

Posted: 13 March 2014 10:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  239
Joined  2005-09-14

Hello esther,

I think you have the current version as that is the version I have also grin.

Posted: 13 March 2014 11:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

1.1.2.117 - yes that was in the DIM when I opened it today so I installed it and tried it out.
Do you find reopening previously saved PZ3s is slow to open in poser. Perhaps because I did have binary morphs checked when I created the PZ3.

Posted: 13 March 2014 11:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  239
Joined  2005-09-14

I have not tried it yet….sorry. I am in the process of reinstalling all my content….sigh….so I don’t have genesis installed atm! I do remember when I did have genesis installed a month ago I saved it as a PZ3 and it did not take that long to load for me. Hope this helps some. Take care and have a wonderful nite.

P.S. If I have time tomorrow I will try to install Genesis and try what you did grin. Sometimes I forget about the Binary morphs and end up saving with it on, but it still did not take long for the saved PZ3 to load.

Posted: 14 March 2014 12:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I had a poser skinned geneisis pz3 and that loaded quicker.
will try again. that other file is corrupted. every time I open it and try to move something it crashes poser.

Posted: 14 March 2014 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  979
Joined  2007-11-28
esther - 13 March 2014 10:10 PM

I imported a genesis figure and put on some clothes, hair and a pose.  Then I saved the Pz3 and closed it.  when I reopen it I get little windows that say “importing dson data” and these windows just go on and on.  I think it took 10 mins to load the PZ3. Is that normal.
Actually it says I am using version 1.1.12.117 - is that the wrong version?

The latest version is MUCH slower loading figures.  On the plus side, the Transfer active morphs script works much better on tight fitting clothing, but still not as well as natively in Studio..

Signature 

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
\Who gives a Rat’s Keister how many posts I had at the old Forum? LOL

Posted: 14 March 2014 06:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

it makes poser unstable for me. I think because in my situation I have other python scripts which work in the background like dson does, and they collide.
When the PZ3 crashes it becomes useless. It takes 10 minutes+ to load and then if I touch anything in the poser window, poser crashes again.
I don’t think working on a figure in poser that needs an actively running python script is going to be useful. - sadly. I did try it though, and will continue to try the updates.

Posted: 14 March 2014 06:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  979
Joined  2007-11-28

Joe Public has some threads at Rendo on how to make genesis into a native poser figure; it’s pretty straight forward. (DAZ should do it wink ).  I posted links to them in the Favourite Thread sticky there, but it seems to have become unstickied… rolleyes  Do a search on ‘Hacking Genesis with JoePublic as the author over the last 300 days and they should turn up…

Signature 

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
\Who gives a Rat’s Keister how many posts I had at the old Forum? LOL

Posted: 14 March 2014 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  986
Joined  2005-11-27

I just set up a scene with Genesis 2 Female and Genesis 1 in it and I didn’t have any problems.

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

Posted: 16 March 2014 05:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  401
Joined  2013-05-11

After installing DSON, I can open .duf files in Poser 2014 Pro.
But just for only one day, I can not open any .duf in Poser any more!

How come?

Posted: 16 March 2014 06:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I have tried poserized versions of genesis but then when I import the PZ3 to vue the clothes appear but not the poser person. 
I can save a pz3 with normal genesis that will import into vue but I have to have subd off or a ghost figure appears.  With subd off the figure does not look so great in vue even if I subd in vue.
Then I can only import V4 textured UV map ie not a male one, because the UV mapping info is in the subd not the base mesh.
When I use genesis in poser it interferes with my other python scripts that are essential to my workflow and causes frequent crashes.
When I use genesis in poser I find that when I have a couple of fully dressed figures my poser dials become less responsive.
This genesis in poser works fine for people who do portraits but I do comics with crowd scenes.  It can’t work for me. (sadly)
But think of all the money I’m saving by not using genesis.

Posted: 16 March 2014 06:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

you know what, I haven’t tried importing a properly poserized (the method JP posted about) version in vue recently.  I have done it in the past and I’m sure it will import. It just won’t have the correct UV map I don’t think.
I will have to give it another go.  It should work okay for females at least.

Posted: 16 March 2014 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-11-27
leochen0706 - 16 March 2014 05:49 AM

How come?

Have you installed the latest update to Poser?

Signature 

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

Posted: 16 March 2014 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  401
Joined  2013-05-11
TheWheelMan - 16 March 2014 10:04 AM
leochen0706 - 16 March 2014 05:49 AM

How come?

Have you installed the latest update to Poser?

Yes, my Poser is up to date.

And I have re-installed Poser and DSON but I just still can not open any .duf files any more..

Posted: 16 March 2014 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-11-27

When you say open duf files, you don’t mean trying to open duf files directly, do you? You need to use Poser Companion files to open them unless you have that free script which will open duf files directly.

Signature 

2 of 5