Digital Art Zone

Old posts gone?
Posted: 01 July 2012 02:16 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-08-07

I’ve just come back to these forums and I can’t find any record of my old posts. They might be in there somewhere but if I click on my name it says I have made 0 posts which I know to be incorrect. Using Advanced Search, I can’t find any records of them either. I’m trying to find information from some of my old discussions and I can’t find it.

Are older posts gone? Did data get lost or something from user accounts? I’ve searched around but I can’t find my old posts.

Posted: 01 July 2012 03:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15236
Joined  2003-10-09

It was announced, way back at the beginning of the year that Daz3D was moving the entire Store and forums over to a completely new store and forum.

IT was also mentioned then that this would mean that everyone would start again in the new forums with a zero post count, although all other records would be carried over.

Old forums are archived, in a read only format.

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 01 July 2012 03:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  388
Joined  2005-11-10

When The forums switched over to the new site all post counts where not carried over. some of us looked at the old archived site and added our old post count to our Sig line

Signature 

Community Volunteer:
My DAZ Store 

NeilV Poser Stuff & Chohole’s Space

Old Post Count = 6362

Posted: 01 July 2012 04:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2011-08-07

Thanks for the quick replies. I’ve gone to the forum archive. When I do a search I get the attached. And when I try to log in I get something about a GET something or other. So I have no idea how I can find my old posts.

Image Attachments
err.jpg

Posted: 01 July 2012 04:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2011-08-07

I was searching for a link in an old thread. But after much trawling of my memory and a lot of online searching, I’ve found what I wanted now anyway. I’ll just write off those old posts as lost.

Thanks for the help all.

Posted: 01 July 2012 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15236
Joined  2003-10-09

It is archived in read only format. so you would need to remember where you posted and search manually.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 01 July 2012 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  457
Joined  2010-12-13

Do a Google search on “site:forum.daz3d.com” + whatever topic is of interest. Click on the link. It will fail. Change the URL in your browser from “forum” to “forumarchive” and it will take you there. That’s the workaround.

Signature 

Daz Gallery
DA Gallery
Old post count 1725 (seems lame compared to some)