Digital Art Zone

5 of 8
Installing ZIP Files for DAZ Studio 3 and DAZ Studio 4 Tutorial
Posted: 02 January 2013 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16419
Joined  2009-01-22

Helping Users have Fun and Enjoy 3D is what it’s all about for me. Enjoy yourself and happy Rendering.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 02 January 2013 08:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1776
Joined  2011-07-31
Jachiel - 19 December 2012 04:31 AM

I’m not able to unzip The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. With other products I unzipped, I had to rename the unzipped file (adding .zip) and unzip a second time; then it worked and I saw folders. But renaming the file with this product doesn’t work. I tried .zip, .rar and .exe, but they all fail. It gives only files like SKDonkey.dmc, but without extension (so Windows asks with what program to open it). Anyone knowing how I should rename it? I use Windows 7 Home Premium SP1.

Files with the *.dmc extension are for use with the Mimic plugin.  I thnk those are the sound files.  I’m just starting to animate, so I don’t know if they will work with any of the other animation apps or not.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 04 January 2013 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2010-08-30

Ok I am doing well just wondering about the V4 ++ morphs a lot of my past characters need them I have tried to install them the way you said above but they do not seem to show?
if they are in the were do I assess them to add some of my other characters
do I have to have the original normal V4 installed to use or will my older characters work on the genesis?
sorry it is all a bit confusing ...what will work and what will not :(

I really appreciate the support you are giving me
virtual hug coming your way XX

Love Janice

Posted: 04 January 2013 11:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Joined  2010-08-30

Also there is a model I love to use but is not Genesis can you put requests in for them to be or does it have to be the owner of the character that has to do it
I know you have Mavka as a genesis but wondering if Cookie would?

Posted: 05 January 2013 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Joined  2010-08-30
Scrappers Delights - 04 January 2013 10:52 AM

Ok I am doing well just wondering about the V4 ++ morphs a lot of my past characters need them I have tried to install them the way you said above but they do not seem to show?
do I have to have the original normal V4 installed to use or will my older characters work on the genesis?

Love Janice

Posted: 05 January 2013 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
Scrappers Delights - 04 January 2013 10:52 AM

Love Janice

You can not use V4 Morphs on the Genesis Figure without using the GenX transfer utility to transfer the morphs from a V4 to the New Genesis figure. The good news is all your old content will still work 100% (mostly) in DS4.5. You just need to add your content folders to the DS4.5 Prefs so it reads the folders. I use all my DS3 Content in DS4.5.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 05 January 2013 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Joined  2010-08-30

Hi Jaderail

so all I have to do is purchase and add this product
http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x
and I can then use all characters that ask for A4/V4++ morphs?

I have this products
http://www.daz3d.com/v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis
so am I reading it right that if I have this I can just get the upgrade?
http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x-upgrade-from-gen4

some of my old characters need A4 and G4 morphs so how do I get them to work?
I have purchased this but I am asuming it will not be the same?
http://www.daz3d.com/gen-4-iconic-shapes-for-genesis

for example here is a character
A4, V4.2 Morphs++
or V4+++ with morphs for A4 and G4

Sorry for all the questions I am so frightened of spending more money than I need smile

Love Janice

Posted: 05 January 2013 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
Scrappers Delights - 05 January 2013 10:42 AM

Hi Jaderail

so all I have to do is purchase and add this product
http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x
and I can then use all characters that ask for A4/V4++ morphs?

I have this products
http://www.daz3d.com/v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis
so am I reading it right that if I have this I can just get the upgrade?
http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x-upgrade-from-gen4

some of my old characters need A4 and G4 morphs so how do I get them to work?
I have purchased this but I am asuming it will not be the same?
http://www.daz3d.com/gen-4-iconic-shapes-for-genesis

for example here is a character
A4, V4.2 Morphs++
or V4+++ with morphs for A4 and G4

Sorry for all the questions I am so frightened of spending more money than I need smile

Love Janice

Okay First NO to get the GenX upgrade you need to have Bought the Gen4 Plugin from Renderosity.com the GenX upgrade only works to make the Gen4 Version of the Plugin updated to the Full GenX Plugin. You would need to buy the Full GenX plugin from Daz3D.

I use only the Gen4 Iconic Shapes and the Legacy Morphs for Genesis. Those two sets will let you Build almost every old character you ever had. Of course you will have to build them by hand again.

Signature 

Posted: 05 January 2013 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Joined  2010-08-30

oh ok thanks

“I use only the Gen4 Iconic Shapes and the Legacy Morphs for Genesis. Those two sets will let you Build almost every old character you ever had. Of course you will have to build them by hand again.”

So if I had the Full GenX plugin from Daz3D
I would still not get this character to automatically pick up the morphs from the product ?
is that right?
she uses Victoria 4.2 Morphs ++ Aiko 4
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/frad-bambi/66080

if so can I just load them in all the original models and morphs like I have in my poser 8 and use them in the original way and not use the genesis for them?

Big hugs Janice

Posted: 05 January 2013 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

No it is not Automatic, You will need to learn how to use GenX to transfer the Morphs from the A4 Morphed figure to the Genesis Figure. That is why I just create my old figures by hand again. No extra Plugins needed and when I’m done I have a full 100% Genesis only figure that I made myself. Here is my M4 Jade character…. and my Hand made Genesis version of Jade… I have much better control and options using only the genesis stuff.

Image Attachments
!01-Tired.pngETreme_Jade_Sm.png
 Signature 

Posted: 05 January 2013 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Joined  2010-08-30

Wow he is fantastic!

Ok thank so much you have saved me money and helped me so much <3

Love Janice

Posted: 28 January 2013 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-01-28

I just got and downloaded DAZ Studio Pro 4.5 from this site earlier today.  Every time I try to click the DAZStudio_4.5.1.56_Win64.exe file to install the program, I get an error message that says “Installer payload initialization failed. This is likely due to an incomplete or corrupt download file.”  I have redownloaded the file 4 times and keep getting the same message.  HELP!! Am I doing something wrong, or is there another place I can download the file from?

Thanks in advance,
Shawn

Posted: 28 January 2013 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Daz 3D did go down a bit, but I’m thinking you Need to Clean you Cache. If a DL fails and you do not clean your Browser Cache your next DL will just Fail at the Same place. The Browser is thinking its a FULL down load and stops. Reset you Download after you clear your Browser Cache and try again.

Signature 

Posted: 10 February 2013 07:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  584
Joined  2013-01-27

thanks for this. I read your instructions (Jaderail) on the old DAZ forum, and you recommend unzipping first to a holding directory, then copy/merge to the runtime. But I usually unzip direct to the runtime directory and provided the unzip program has the “merge directories” option ticked, it should be ok, right?

I think the issue is that installed content only has Runtime as the top level directory. Underneath that are directories like Textures, Props etc. If “merge” isn’t on, then each install will just create a new set of subfolders within Runtime and may even over write existing content. Is that right?

Posted: 10 February 2013 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Yes you are correct, merge must be on or you can and will lose content that already was installed.

Signature 

5 of 8