Digital Art Zone

4 of 8
Installing ZIP Files for DAZ Studio 3 and DAZ Studio 4 Tutorial
Posted: 08 November 2012 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-06-17

Hello there!

I am running Windows 8, so hopefully somebody can help me.

I can’t seem to run anything I unzip. First of all, when I drag and drop the only options I get are to overwrite or to skip. So should I open the individual files and place them all in their respective folders? I did do this for the Dragon Fly, and it doesn’t show up anywhere.

I REALLY hope my problem isn’t Windows 8, because I spent a pile of money on content this weekend.

Posted: 08 November 2012 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13948
Joined  2003-10-09

If you unpack content to an existing content directory the base folders (Runtime, Data etc.) will already exist. Unless Windows 8 has changed for the worse picking overwrite should merge the contents of the new Runtime etc. with the existing folder (the alert should say that you will be asked if there are any duplicate files).

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 05 December 2012 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-09-16

Is there anyone in the UK that can sit down and show me how to install my purchased add on’s into my Daz studio 4.5, I have listened to endless tutorials and followed advice on forums but I simply cannot grasp it, I’m new to this and not really PC savvy.
I have purchased endless items, Victoria base among them, but find most of the info unhelpful.
I live in the South Wales area, just thought i’d throw this out there….you never know !

Posted: 12 December 2012 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-09-16

No worries guys, I’ve finally thrown in the towel and conceded defeat, such a pity as I’d purchased so many add-on’s and various other items.
I ended up having loads of files, mostly zipped, stuck on my PC with no idea how to extract them on to my Daz studio.
I’ve watched dozens of tutorials and read so many forum topics but still zilch….anyway, guess it wasn’t to be.
Hope you have more luck than I did. cheers and bye ! lol.

Posted: 19 December 2012 04:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-03-09

I’m not able to unzip The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. With other products I unzipped, I had to rename the unzipped file (adding .zip) and unzip a second time; then it worked and I saw folders. But renaming the file with this product doesn’t work. I tried .zip, .rar and .exe, but they all fail. It gives only files like SKDonkey.dmc, but without extension (so Windows asks with what program to open it). Anyone knowing how I should rename it? I use Windows 7 Home Premium SP1.

Posted: 19 December 2012 04:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15601
Joined  2003-10-09
richchase - 05 December 2012 05:19 PM

Is there anyone in the UK that can sit down and show me how to install my purchased add on’s into my Daz studio 4.5, I have listened to endless tutorials and followed advice on forums but I simply cannot grasp it, I’m new to this and not really PC savvy.
I have purchased endless items, Victoria base among them, but find most of the info unhelpful.
I live in the South Wales area, just thought i’d throw this out there….you never know !

What part of South Wales ?  Not that I would be much help anyway, as I am one who doesn’t actually use Daz Studio but I am in the “Heads of The Valley” area.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 20 December 2012 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-12-19

So new to this forum and software however, I am doing a project for school on Africa, I purchased the faces of Africa Michael and Vicky but when I open up Daz folders I only can retrieve genesis characters and do not know how to load them up can someone please assist me?

Posted: 20 December 2012 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13948
Joined  2003-10-09

Faces of Africa is a nice set of morphs, but it’s for an older version of the DAZ Figures:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/michael-3-0-base
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/victoria-3-0-base

and you would probably need the morphs too for your project

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/victoria-3-0-head-body-morphs
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/michael-3-0-head-body-morphs

not to mention some textures, since the later texture sets won’t work. Alternatively, you could ask for a refund and buy the African morphs for Genesis, though it has fewer options

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/ethnicity-for-genesis-african

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 02 January 2013 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2010-08-30

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me Pretty Please <3

I have just got DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro it is all installed and added the serial code ....good so far!
I also purchased Toon Amy http://www.daz3d.com/toon-amy-for-genesis-bundle
I am trying to install her from the zip files but when I do it keeps trying to divert me to my poser 8 file ......I know I need to direct it to a genesis file but not sure where to look?
could someone tell me the path I need to add it please

Thank you sooooo much!

Love Janice X

Posted: 02 January 2013 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

After you install the Base Genesis content you should have a Documents/Daz3D/Studio/My Library folder if you installed it default. Just point the UnZip to that folder and everything should install without any errors.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 02 January 2013 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Joined  2010-08-30

thank you so much for your help
you prompted me that there was a content folder that needed to be installed and I re directed to the right folder and I have it working now thank you XXX
Now the hard part ...learning how to use it lol

Posted: 02 January 2013 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Your Welcome, when you have more questions just ask in this Forum for help or even my Basic’s for Daz thread also in this forum.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 02 January 2013 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Joined  2010-08-30

Um sorry to disturb again smile

How do I add my past purchases that are runtime files?

Thanks in advance X

Posted: 02 January 2013 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

If they have Installer just point the Installer to the My Library folder. If they are just Zips with a Runtime Folder do this.
Copy the Runtime Folder and then Drop it in your My Library folder (Not the Runtime folder the My Library Folder), You should get the option to Merge the New folder to the old one. Just say Okay or Yes. If you do not get the Mergre Option let me know and I’ll walk you through the steps needed to install by hand.

Signature 

Posted: 02 January 2013 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Joined  2010-08-30

Thank you so much that worked fantastic!
Big hugs Janice XX

4 of 8