Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Interesting Autofit Tricks
Posted: 03 July 2012 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  152
Joined  2007-08-25

Interesting.. Those effects will be perfect for the Venom and Carnage figures I was planning on making later on :D It looks like the lip postition is just off enough where the auto-fit isn’t sure what is top, what is bottom, and almost seems to be welding where the verts meet up. I’m using 4.5, so I’ll take a closer peek later on.

Signature 

————-
2012: The world ended. We missed it. Maybe next time.
DVL_LVD @ ShareCG

Posted: 03 July 2012 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  152
Joined  2007-08-25

Ok, don’t mind the twistedness of the images, but it may be useful to someone with an idea on a work around: Image on the left- Genesis with M3 fit to her/him, using the Genesis mouth to open the mouth. On the Right, same Genesis, same M3 (Genesis hidden for clarity) but using the M3 Open Mouth morph. So it doesn’t appear it’s a geometry error, as much as it is a morph translation error. (The inner mouth and tongue on M3 seems to distort either way, though.
M3 brought over using 4.5, Auto-Fit using Genesis.dsf. Same results happened using a basic bodysuit, though- just the toes were messed up using the suit. Using the 4.5 Autofit, it has both the Genesis Morphs, and the M3 morphs.
Correction: Inner mouth works with using the M3 morph, it’s Teeth/ Tongue / and Gums that distort no matter which morph set you use.

Wait.. This may be all wrong, that may be an M4- Let me double check again, I’ll repost later. Either way, though, it’s the same distortion on the mouth areas, it seems, so most likely the same cause.

Image Attachments
GenMelt.jpg
 Signature 

————-
2012: The world ended. We missed it. Maybe next time.
DVL_LVD @ ShareCG

Posted: 04 July 2012 06:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  787
Joined  2005-09-19

Getting the lips and inner mouth open without distortion is a definite step forward, and it may not be a complete dead-end if we can’t fix the teeth and gums, given the existence of the Millennium Teeth - http://www.daz3d.com/shop/millennium-teeth/ .

Posted: 26 November 2013 09:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  83
Joined  2003-10-09

I know this is an older thread, but recently I had gone through a lot of my older purchases and found a V3 character that I had always liked and decided to see if I could resurrect her via Genesis. To say this was an undertaking is an understatement. I had to purchase an add-on to Generation X, the V3 M3 add-on to be specific, and then follow the steps in this thread to a degree to get it to work.

The character is called Elenna by Bice on Renderosity. It’s a very good character for some of the type of character renders I like to do, but even trying to get the texture to work on V4.2 was problematic, actually causing DazStudio to crash. So, moving to V4.2 wasn’t an option, hence my journey down this path.

First, I had to navigate the Generation X tutorial and interface. This took a while, but eventually I got the Elenna INJ for both the body and the head installed. I had to use GenX to give me the morphs and then I had to dial in each morph. It would have been nice if I could have named the item since it named it Victoria 3 and I would have preferred Elenna since I want to try a few more V3 characters I have. Still, while time consuming, it did work for the most part. I’ll point out some of the differences though.

Next, I had to find a way to get the Elenna V3 skin map over to the new Genesis character. This proved problematic as well. I placed a V3 with all of Elenna’s INJ and skin map to compare it with. Here’s what I had to do next:

1) Place another V3 character in the scene (I named it Elenna). Apply the Elenna skin map to V3.

2) With the V3 zeroed out by default, I parented the V3 to Genesis. This almost put the skin to the Elenna modified Genesis perfectly, but I saw several poke throughs and they even showed in the render. Very odd.

3) Now, while Elenna was parented to Genesis, they were on the same level, so I moved Genesis inside Elenna in the Scene tab. Then I turned off the visibility of Genesis. I now had Elenna’s texture showing with Genesis’s morphs for Elenna still working. Now there’s no poke through and it rendered very well.

Now, for the differences: I’m finding that the face is a bit more stretched on the Genesis version of Elenna. The morphs are stretched, but the texture matches the same stretch, so it maps fine, just the face itself seems stretched. The mouth is wider especially. There are some issues with the breast morphs and the abdomen’s muscles aren’t as prominent. I applied a Genesis pose to both models as well and as expected, the V3 didn’t behave perfectly, but it did better than I thought, so I left the pose intact.

Lastly, for a final test, I applied the Svana Armor to the Genesis version of Elenna. I’ve included it below.

Image removed for nudity. Please review this thread. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewannounce/3279_98/

2 of 2