Heroes, Heroines and 3D Graphics - July Freebie Contest
Posted: 03 July 2012 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16773
Joined  2003-10-09
Richard Haseltine - 03 July 2012 01:12 PM
music2u4u - 03 July 2012 04:17 AM

one tip that may help in Bryce, Poser or DS. In the materials or surfaces tab, If you turn the diffusion setting down to zero (black), the specular to mid and use the ambient adjuster and go up very high with it, you get a toon like look to colors. May work for some.

grin

In DS I don’t think that will work - Ambient is multiplied with Diffuse (as it should be, if it’s faking ambient light) so setting Diffuse the black will make the Ambient black too.

And Ambience in Bryce is used to make thing glow, when applied at 100%, well in B5 anyway, which is what LG and I use.  If I had applied some trans to V4 when I did that I would have hdad a lovely glowing ghost.  lol

Dollygirl, don’t worry, my friends over in the Bryce forum came up with some nice hints and tips, if I get time to play.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        November Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 03 July 2012 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6011
Joined  2005-04-16
Dollygirl - 03 July 2012 12:29 PM
DanaTA - 03 July 2012 12:28 PM
chohole - 03 July 2012 09:51 AM

Well I did have a play in Bryce, using the foramt Music suggested.  I don’t think it will be a lot of good.

That’s funny!  I needed a laugh.  Or a chuckle at least.  Store things have not been kind to me the past couple of days!  I’m not in the best of moods.

Dana

Dana, It has been updated for DAZ4.0 but I don’t know about 4.5.

Thanks…I don’t have 4.5, I am not about to be a beta tester right now!

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 03 July 2012 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1389
Joined  2010-03-01
chohole - 03 July 2012 01:22 PM

one tip that may help in Bryce, Poser or DS. In the materials or surfaces tab, If you turn the diffusion setting down to zero (black), the specular to mid and use the ambient adjuster and go up very high with it, you get a toon like look to colors. May work for some.

grin

In DS I don’t think that will work - Ambient is multiplied with Diffuse (as it should be, if it’s faking ambient light) so setting Diffuse the black will make the Ambient black too.

And Ambience in Bryce is used to make thing glow, when applied at 100%, well in B5 anyway, which is what LG and I use.  If I had applied some trans to V4 when I did that I would have hdad a lovely glowing ghost.  lol

Dollygirl, don’t worry, my friends over in the Bryce forum came up with some nice hints and tips, if I get time to play.

Oh goody! Now that the PC coupon is out things may quite down some and what with tomorrow being a holiday in the USA maybe tomorrow you will have some time to play.

Posted: 03 July 2012 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2064
Joined  0

grin

I did this one with Aiko 3 in DS 3. Here are the surfaces settings:

Color/diffuse - 255,191,158
Highlight/Specular - 0, 0, 0
Shadow/Ambient - 255, 255, 255

The diffuse/ambient did turn black like Richard said, well…more of a rich gray. So, I just set the diffuse to a close pale flesh color.

I then removed any textures on the skin, lips and eyes. I colored the irises blue and removed the cornias,colored the lips red.

Here is what I got rendering in the toon setting.

grin

Image Attachments
AikoToonDaz1.jpg
 Signature 

I am not this way because I am a musician, I am a musician because I am this way.

old posts: 10,322 Daz member since Build 1

Freebie Challenge Rules! - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/286/

Posted: 03 July 2012 09:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  144
Joined  2008-05-09

hmmm….let’s see what this month’s freebie challenge is about…..

You will be required to use toon or artistic shaders

Is that so?  Heh heh heh…....This is gonna be fun smile

Signature 

My deviantArt Gallery

Posted: 04 July 2012 06:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1078
Joined  2003-11-24

since it’s the 4th of July, US independence day I’ll post my one of my fav renders to celebrate
Happy 4th those who cemebrate

Image Attachments
we_the_people.jpg
 Signature 

old post count 2826   ETO and all around crazy person

Posted: 04 July 2012 07:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

no offense to those we defeated to win that war

Signature 

Posted: 04 July 2012 07:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16773
Joined  2003-10-09
jeeperz - 04 July 2012 07:19 AM

Maybe we were really glad to lose and get rid of a troublesome Colony (just joking)  cool smirk

Happy 4th to all who celebrate it.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        November Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 04 July 2012 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-24
chohole - 04 July 2012 07:22 AM
jeeperz - 04 July 2012 07:19 AM

Maybe we were really glad to lose and get rid of a troublesome Colony (just joking)  cool smirk

Happy 4th to all who celebrate it.

LOL

love ya cho

Signature 

Posted: 04 July 2012 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2925
Joined  2010-11-30

Dollygirl, are you still looking for judges? I should have some time this month and the beginning of August, and it looks like I won’t be entering this month…

(Not only are my PWToon shaders not working, my other shaders are starting to malfunction, too. I’ve got a software glitch somewhere. Time to re-install Daz Studio…)

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - rather small at the moment, but with big dreams to be the one-stop list for all D|S and Poser freebies

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge!

Posted: 04 July 2012 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-01
robkelk - 04 July 2012 09:36 AM

Dollygirl, are you still looking for judges? I should have some time this month and the beginning of August, and it looks like I won’t be entering this month…

(Not only are my PWToon shaders not working, my other shaders are starting to malfunction, too. I’ve got a software glitch somewhere. Time to re-install Daz Studio…)

downer
Yes sir, I only have me as a judge so far. Would love to have you. Do I have any more takers?
Lonnie

Posted: 04 July 2012 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-01
music2u4u - 03 July 2012 08:32 PM

grin

I did this one with Aiko 3 in DS 3. Here are the surfaces settings:

Color/diffuse - 255,191,158
Highlight/Specular - 0, 0, 0
Shadow/Ambient - 255, 255, 255

The diffuse/ambient did turn black like Richard said, well…more of a rich gray. So, I just set the diffuse to a close pale flesh color.

I then removed any textures on the skin, lips and eyes. I colored the irises blue and removed the cornias,colored the lips red.

Here is what I got rendering in the toon setting.

grin

So are you thinking of entering? Hay should be done until August. Only berries are coming off this month (at least in Oregon that is true) so you got plenty of “time”.

Posted: 04 July 2012 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2925
Joined  2010-11-30
Dollygirl - 04 July 2012 09:49 AM

downer
Yes sir, I only have me as a judge so far. Would love to have you. Do I have any more takers?
Lonnie

This will be my first time judging - I’m looking forward to it!

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - rather small at the moment, but with big dreams to be the one-stop list for all D|S and Poser freebies

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge!

Posted: 04 July 2012 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  504
Joined  2003-11-30

downer
Lonnie

Sign me up! I’m having an awful time getting stuff to work and getting something I want to show in public, Bryce or not. Studio seems to be confused as to what I’m trying to achieve and Bryce just down right refuses to play nice. So, since I can’t sing I might as well criticize…or something like that.

Posted: 04 July 2012 11:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-01
Lord Ganthor - 04 July 2012 11:35 AM

downer
Lonnie

Sign me up! I’m having an awful time getting stuff to work and getting something I want to show in public, Bryce or not. Studio seems to be confused as to what I’m trying to achieve and Bryce just down right refuses to play nice. So, since I can’t sing I might as well criticize…or something like that.

Thanks LG, you are on. If your muse comes back and she will you know you can still enter and we won’t let you forget to not vote for your own!
Lonnie

5 of 54