Total Posts:  1078
Joined  2003-11-24
Oom Fooyat - 15 July 2012 01:38 PM
jeeperz - 15 July 2012 07:34 AM
JesterVII - 13 July 2012 10:36 PM
Dollygirl - 13 July 2012 08:30 PM
jeeperz - 13 July 2012 10:16 AM

me too Alexa, that’s what I thought

Well I went back and looked at the rules. Music is silent on content that is provided by a software package. I personally think that it should be eligible. It is content that came with a free version of DAZ. Now the Poser content I am not so sure about. I have Debut and it came with 2 or 3 Gig of content. I got Debut free last Dec. I bought PoserPro2010 and got some additional content Debut did not have. So for the Debut content my take is it is a no count. No link but I didn’t pay for it. The stuff that came with Poser Pro I would count as paid for because I paid for the software that it came with even though renders with Poser are allowed.

So does that stuff count or not? After reading all the posts I am lost.

that would be a NO, it counts under the misc items that don’t count

I dare claim, that is not what the rules say.

tosses a pie to Oom… rules what rules????? no, on a serious note, music did not state that in the rules, but it has been an unwritten rule here for some time

Signature 

old post count 2826   ETO and all around crazy person

Posted: 15 July 2012 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 332 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

the thing about the rule is that if it comes with the program you are using it can’t count as paid or free because unless others are using the same program, then those that aren’t can’t use it . that’s why the misc category was made, to allow for those things

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2012 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 333 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  193
Joined  0
jeeperz - 15 July 2012 02:33 PM

tosses a pie to Oom… rules what rules????? no, on a serious note, music did not state that in the rules, but it has been an unwritten rule here for some time

I got my pie safe goggles on tongue wink

I get the logic behind it, actually I said something like that in last months discussion and was immediately contradicted in every direction possible.
So if it is a rule, why is it not written down? As it is not written down how are people supposed to know about it? And as there are a lot of unwritten rules, interpenetration of ruling or lack of ruling, exceptions and misunderstandings, why are you so surprised there are a lot of discussion and questions about the rules?

Image Attachments
coverHi.jpg

Posted: 15 July 2012 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 334 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15892
Joined  2003-10-09

Seriously do you really think we need 3 or 4 pages of rules to cover every possible situation. As Jeeperz said, we have been running for several years now with a minimum amount of rules. This is one of those things that just goes without saying. If it is not free for everyone then it cannot count towards the freebie count.

Suddenly it seems that everyone wants everything spelt out for them.

I can see this obsession with rules killing the freebie challenge of if we are not careful, which would really be a crying shame.

It has suddenly become less fun as people seem determined to turn it into a mainstream contest, and not our friendly, wild and whacky freebie challenge.  We even have a rule that says it has got to be fun, see rule 13.  cool smirk

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 15 July 2012 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 335 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

know what I have to say about all the whiners cho, *tosses (I mean hands…) her some pies* now lets take care of all the complainers, anyone want to ask ANOTHER question about the rules???* as I hold several pies in my hands and as many if not more in cho’s hands?????

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2012 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 336 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Ok, And with my club I can make them go further if I use it like a bat.  Yeehah

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge

Posted: 15 July 2012 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 337 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

all we need is music now and we can take em all on…

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2012 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 338 ]
Rank
Joined  0
chohole - 15 July 2012 03:50 PM

Seriously do you really think we need 3 or 4 pages of rules to cover every possible situation. As Jeeperz said, we have been running for several years now with a minimum amount of rules. This is one of those things that just goes without saying. If it is not free for everyone then it cannot count towards the freebie count.

I can see this obsession with rules killing the freebie challenge of if we are not careful, which would really be a crying shame.

It has suddenly become less fun as people seem determined to turn it into a mainstream contest, and not our friendly, wild and whacky freebie challenge.  We even have a rule that says it has got to be fun, see rule 13.  cool smirk

I believe the big grey zone you have created by not having a written rule set is a bigger threat to the challenge.
You were the on complaining about the all the rule discussions. They are not fun but necessary as it is very hard tell what is right or wrong. The reason that the old ways don’t work any more is that a lot of people, like me, wasn’t around when the rules that are unwritten were created. We don’t know. We can’t understand. We were not there. Do you want new people to come here? Then show them some respect. Give them a sporting chance to understand what is going on. Give them rules!

Cheers! Oom

Posted: 15 July 2012 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 339 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-24
Oom Fooyat - 15 July 2012 04:22 PM

I believe the big grey zone you have created by not having a written rule set is a bigger threat to the challenge.
You were the on complaining about the all the rule discussions. They are not fun but necessary as it is very hard tell what is right or wrong. The reason that the old ways don’t work any more is that a lot of people, like me, wasn’t around when the rules that are unwritten were created. We don’t know. We can’t understand. We were not there. Do you want new people to come here? Then show them some respect. Give them a sporting chance to understand what is going on. Give them rules!

Cheers! Oom

awe we are just having some fun Oom, *tosses a pie at Oom* we don’t mind asking, but when confronted with the answer, some (and I’m not saying you in particular) want to question even further and then want us to change the rules to suit them (again not necessarily you). That is was is annoying. we don’t mind answering the question, as cho said, we don’t want 3 pages of rules so questions and answers are important, but when given an answer, everyone needs to accept it and move forward, and YES, HAVE FUN. We all come here to have fun, render and learn.

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2012 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 340 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

having fun

Image Attachments
Pie_IN_THE_FACE_by_green_watches.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2012 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 341 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

yes indeed…  cool grin

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2012 04:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 342 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1330
Joined  2010-03-01

Oh my rolleyes such seriousness.  Okay where are the renders? I want to see Bryce renders. I don’t know how you Brycers do it. I have been loading up some of the free scenes from Sharecg and dang, little ole DAZ is like tinker toys to the Mindstorm legos of Bryce. Much respect to you all. Still slogging through the User’s manual.

Posted: 15 July 2012 04:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 343 ]
Rank
Joined  0
jeeperz - 15 July 2012 04:29 PM

Cheers! Oom

awe we are just having some fun Oom, *tosses a pie at Oom* we don’t mind asking, but when confronted with the answer, some (and I’m not saying you in particular) want to question even further and then want us to change the rules to suit them (again not necessarily you). That is was is annoying. we don’t mind answering the question, as cho said, we don’t want 3 pages of rules so questions and answers are important, but when given an answer, everyone needs to accept it and move forward, and YES, HAVE FUN. We all come here to have fun, render and learn.

So there are no rules there are just the word of the judge?

Posted: 15 July 2012 04:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 344 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1330
Joined  2010-03-01
Oom Fooyat - 15 July 2012 04:38 PM

Cheers! Oom

That must mean I get Cho’s stick! Oh boy! Oh boy! Yippeee!

Posted: 15 July 2012 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 345 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Dollygirl - 15 July 2012 04:40 PM
Oom Fooyat - 15 July 2012 04:38 PM

Cheers! Oom

That must mean I get Cho’s stick! Oh boy! Oh boy! Yippeee!

Were you never issued with one of Music’s purple gavels.? they are nearly as good.

Signature 

23 of 54