Digital Art Zone

2 of 17
What’s THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME this month? Why, the November Freebie Challenge!!!
Posted: 02 November 2013 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1133
Joined  2005-03-26
Kismet2012 - 01 November 2013 06:19 PM

I’ll be a judge if you still need one.

Thank you Miss Kismet.  Your name has been added.

Signature 

My dA gallery
For God’s sake!  Gallifrey Stands!

And God still reigns.

Posted: 02 November 2013 08:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2966
Joined  2010-11-30
music2u4u - 01 November 2013 08:04 PM
chohole - 01 November 2013 04:21 PM
robkelk - 01 November 2013 04:16 PM

Refresh my memory, please - this isn’t directly addressed in the rules, I recall a ruling was made, but I don’t recall what the ruling was.

If one can download items for free only after paying to access the site that has those items (for example, the freebies listed in the Platinum Club “Members Only” forum, or the items at Poser World), do they count as freebies, no-counts, or paid items?

Normal monthly Daz freebies count, but PC ones don’t as you do have to be a member of the PC to get them for free.  I would say they would count a paid for items, because non PC members pay a direct price and PC members pay a sub.

Same goes for any site where you have to pay to enter the site to access freebies.

Correct! Paid fors.

grin

That’s what I was thinking the answer was, but I was rather hoping for “no-count”... Ah, well. Considering how few paid items I usually use, I might still be able to use my idea…

music2u4u - 01 November 2013 08:09 PM
Dorseyland - 01 November 2013 08:53 AM

MUSIC, if the concrete block wall is all closed in, how do people get up to the house?

Oh, it’s a BASEMENT! I see. So are you throwing in the dirt, as the mourner said to the gravedigger?

Nope!...It’s a “dirty” job, but you have to supply your own dirt,dust,mud,rocks,grass,limbs,fast food trash,mugged dead bodies,dog,cat and horse poop,and anything else found in most yards! WHAT LOOK…GOLD! I’M RICH!...AH…Fool’s gold…MEPS!

grin

Well, there’s only one person qualified to carry out dirty jobs… Anybody got a Mike Rowe morph for M4? cheese

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - rather small at the moment, but with big dreams to be the one-stop list for all D|S and Poser freebies

Come take part in the December Freebie Challenge! (And see who won November’s Challenge, too!)

Posted: 02 November 2013 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2966
Joined  2010-11-30

NAE:
The Deck Is Stacked Against You

Image Attachments
stacked-deck.png
 Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - rather small at the moment, but with big dreams to be the one-stop list for all D|S and Poser freebies

Come take part in the December Freebie Challenge! (And see who won November’s Challenge, too!)

Posted: 02 November 2013 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

As always the Jade is here with his monthly Prizes. Feel free to edit me in for the same as always.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 03 November 2013 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-26
Jaderail - 02 November 2013 01:39 PM

As always the Jade is here with his monthly Prizes. Feel free to edit me in for the same as always.

Graciously acknowledged and accepted.

I also have an entry gift for all comers: the Mystery Man’s mask for M4, (as featured in the Mephistopolis Noir documentation, for those that read it)

Signature 

My dA gallery

And God still reigns.

Posted: 03 November 2013 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2085
Joined  0

The three winners for the MMHB have been submitted to Daz for your prize GCs. Keep your eye on your email box.

grin

Signature 

I am not this way because I am a musician, I am a musician because I am this way.

old posts: 10,322 Daz member since Build 1

Freebie Challenge Rules! - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/286/

Posted: 04 November 2013 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-26

All entrants will receive the Mask Noir for M4, by myself.  It comes with morphs for M4++, H4, F4, and is legacy-rigged to work in any version of Poser or DAZ|Studio (has not been tested in P3 or D|S 1.x).  (For those who were curious, this is the same mask offered to 3rd-place winners last May.)

I have also (finally!) gotten the banner done for this month.  Hang it in your signatures.

Image Attachments
Dangerous_Game_banner.pngMasque_Romero.jpg
 Signature 

My dA gallery

And God still reigns.

Posted: 06 November 2013 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  510
Joined  2003-11-30

Hey! Waddiz dis? Nobody ‘round here want’s t’ go foist? Hokay, den…I’ll go foist!

Hokay, so da story goes like dis…ya gotta minuet? Good…so, I’m sittin’ in my ‘partment havin’ a few dozen brews when dere’s dis knock on da door. I’m figurin’, dat’s my bestest bud Big Eddie Mac comin’ over t’have a few widd’me, soes I answers da door an’ wadda I sees…it ain’t Big Eddie Mac, it’s Death! Standin’ dere bigger ‘n’ life at my front door! An’ he comes in and I sez to him, what’s up for you, y’know? Whatcha’ need? He sez to me, he sez, I’m here to take you away. I sez to him I ain’t goin’ nowheres. I got it plenty good right here. Why would I wants t’ leave? He sez I don’t understand. Now, dis made me mad ‘cause I hates it when peoples sez t’me dat I don’t understans sump’tin’. I ain’t no dummy! So den he sez t’ me, he sez, dat he’s here to take me to my final reward.

Right den an’ dere I knew dat I didn’t win no lottery or nutin’ and dis was serious. It wuz den he offers me a way out. He sez dat if I can beats him inna game of chess dat he’ll let me go. I don’t know much ‘bout playin’ no chess, I always t’ough dat it wuz like checkers or somethin’, but it was my only way outta dis one. So we plunk ourselves down at da kitchen table and he whips out a gameboard and we starts playin’. About half way t’rough I desides to be a good host to da guy. I brings out da beer, some sammiches, a few pretzils… and da beer…lottsa beer. I’ll tell ya, Death, he don’t eat much but he can sure put away the brewskis!

Anyways, he beats me reall bad, but before he kin say a t’ing, I ask him whatta ‘bout da best two outta t’ree? It musta been da beer ‘cause he sez okay to dat. We went on like dis ‘til 2 am an’ he kept gittin’ slower ‘n’ slower, an’ ya know what? I beats him da next two games! He admits he got his @#% beat and when he gits up t’ leave, he nearly falls over ‘cause he’s so bombed! He den spends da next 20 minuets in da terlet an’ when he comes out he passes out on da couch! I covered him up and let him sleep it off jus’ like I’d do t’ any poor drunk. After dat, I went t’ bed ‘cause I couldn’t stand all dat snorin’ ‘tween his teeth! Da next afternoon when I gets up, I finds him gone, no note or nuttin’... and I ain’t seen him since. Later I took his chess set to da Pawn Shop an’ got 50 bucks outta it. Not a bad little deal t’ my ways a t’inkin’.

So, da moral a dis story is dat if you ever have to face Death, just gits him drunk an’ everyt’ing will be A-OK. Hoooo-boy! Wadda pushover!

Genisis Figure (No Count)

1.) Ghastly’s Ghastly Zombie Registration Required. Used as a Base Morph on Death.

2.) DieTrying’s 182 V4 Morphs for Genesis Registration Required. Used on Louie.

3.) RAMWolff’s Ultimate Morph pack for Genesis 01! Registration Required. Used on Louie.

4.) Moustache 19th from Top.

5.) Mitch Hair

6.) Unforgiven for Aiko 3 Cigar Prop Only. Download Link on Right.

7.) The Fedora Registration Required.

8.) 8 TShirts for Genesis Registration Required.Texture Changed.

9.) Biscuits Chess Props Registration Required.

10.) 1950 Kitchen Registration Required. Table, Chairs and Plate for Sandwiches.

11.) Genesis Hooded Gown Registration Requried.

12.) Hooded gown Morphs Registration Required.

13.) Skull

14.) Merlin’s Free Scythe Registration Required.

15.) Beer Mug 15th Item from Top.

16.) Sandwich Props Updated! textures added Registration Required.

Paid For: M4 Skin Texture, M4 Cargo Shorts.

As always, set-up in Daz Studio 4.6 with final render in Bryce 7. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright notice.

Image Attachments
Louie_Plays_Death.jpg

Posted: 06 November 2013 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1874
Joined  2006-02-17
Eustace Scrubb - 04 November 2013 01:11 PM

All entrants will receive the Mask Noir for M4, by myself.  It comes with morphs for M4++, H4, F4, and is legacy-rigged to work in any version of Poser or DAZ|Studio (has not been tested in P3 or D|S 1.x).  (For those who were curious, this is the same mask offered to 3rd-place winners last May.)

I have also (finally!) gotten the banner done for this month.  Hang it in your signatures.

banner updated in the gallery.

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 06 November 2013 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-26
Lord Ganthor - 06 November 2013 03:47 PM

Hey! Waddiz dis? Nobody ‘round here want’s t’ go foist? Hokay, den…I’ll go foist!

Hokay, so da story goes like dis…ya gotta minuet? Good…so, I’m sittin’ in my ‘partment havin’ a few dozen brews when dere’s dis knock on da door. I’m figurin’, dat’s my bestest bud Big Eddie Mac comin’ over t’have a few widd’me, soes I answers da door an’ wadda I sees…it ain’t Big Eddie Mac, it’s Death! Standin’ dere bigger ‘n’ life at my front door! An’ he comes in and I sez to him, what’s up for you, y’know? Whatcha’ need? He sez to me, he sez, I’m here to take you away. I sez to him I ain’t goin’ nowheres. I got it plenty good right here. Why would I wants t’ leave? He sez I don’t understand. Now, dis made me mad ‘cause I hates it when peoples sez t’me dat I don’t understans sump’tin’. I ain’t no dummy! So den he sez t’ me, he sez, dat he’s here to take me to my final reward.

Right den an’ dere I knew dat I didn’t win no lottery or nutin’ and dis was serious. It wuz den he offers me a way out. He sez dat if I can beats him inna game of chess dat he’ll let me go. I don’t know much ‘bout playin’ no chess, I always t’ough dat it wuz like checkers or somethin’, but it was my only way outta dis one. So we plunk ourselves down at da kitchen table and he whips out a gameboard and we starts playin’. About half way t’rough I desides to be a good host to da guy. I brings out da beer, some sammiches, a few pretzils… and da beer…lottsa beer. I’ll tell ya, Death, he don’t eat much but he can sure put away the brewskis!

As always, set-up in Daz Studio 4.6 with final render in Bryce 7. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright notice.

I like it!  That’s a pretty dangerous game!

Even better than the Seventh Seal version!  ENTRY ACCEPTED!

Thanks, Kendall, for the gallery

Signature 

My dA gallery

And God still reigns.

Posted: 06 November 2013 08:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6162
Joined  2005-04-16

Anyways, he beats me reall bad, but before he kin say a t’ing, I ask him whatta ‘bout da best two outta t’ree? It musta been da beer ‘cause he sez okay to dat. We went on like dis ‘til 2 am an’ he kept gittin’ slower ‘n’ slower, an’ ya know what? I beats him da next two games! He admits he got his @#% beat and when he gits up t’ leave, he nearly falls over ‘cause he’s so bombed! He den spends da next 20 minuets in da terlet an’ when he comes out he passes out on da couch! I covered him up and let him sleep it off jus’ like I’d do t’ any poor drunk. After dat, I went t’ bed ‘cause I couldn’t stand all dat snorin’ ‘tween his teeth! Da next afternoon when I gets up, I finds him gone, no note or nuttin’... and I ain’t seen him since. Later I took his chess set to da Pawn Shop an’ got 50 bucks outta it. Not a bad little deal t’ my ways a t’inkin’.

So, da moral a dis story is dat if you ever have to face Death, just gits him drunk an’ everyt’ing will be A-OK. Hoooo-boy! Wadda pushover!

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=106222_bMQPHOzMf0YOkMHyagcr&thumb=1&board_id=1

As always, very funny and entertaining…and the image is great!

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 07 November 2013 05:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  688
Joined  2009-03-17

It’s Death! Standin’ dere bigger ‘n’ life!

Pretty darn great, Ganthor!

Signature 

Posted: 07 November 2013 07:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1254
Joined  2012-04-13

1.) Ghastly’s Ghastly Zombie Registration Required. Used as a Base Morph on Death.

3.) RAMWolff’s Ultimate Morph pack for Genesis 01! Registration Required. Used on Louie.

5.) Mitch Hair

10.) 1950 Kitchen Registration Required. Table, Chairs and Plate for Sandwiches.

13.) Skull

Really enjoyed the story.  Nice work.

Signature 

Posted: 07 November 2013 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2085
Joined  0

5.) Mitch Hair

13.) Skull

LG…YOU SO CRAZY! I love it.

BTW…What room is that?

grin

Signature 

I am not this way because I am a musician, I am a musician because I am this way.

old posts: 10,322 Daz member since Build 1

Freebie Challenge Rules! - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/286/

Posted: 07 November 2013 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  176
Joined  2010-12-19

Excellent as always, Mr. Ganthor! :D The perspective looks really nice combined with the props and details added in.

Alexa wink

Signature 

Gallery for the Freebie Challenge: http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/FreebieChallenge/
Deviantart: http://nemurenainda.deviantart.com/  (WARNING: copious amounts of anime)

守 (Protector, Mamoru)

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thereby compensating for Moore’s Law.

2 of 17