Digital Art Zone

1 of 17
What’s THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME this month? Why, the November Freebie Challenge!!!
Posted: 31 October 2013 07:31 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  994
Joined  2005-03-26

Yes, you heard right!  The theme for this November’s Freepository Challenge is

(drum roll, please…)

(Ahem, the drum roll, if you please, Bob!)

(Where’s the dr—Boom!!!)shut eye  Not the drum I meant!
gulp

It is THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME!
Please pardon Bob.  He got a cannon for his birthday….

The rules are, as usual, Right Here.

Of course, remember that all regular DAZ figures are no-count, either for your freebies or paid lists.  Bought morphs count as purchases.

This Month’s Rules:

The image must depict the Most Dangerous Game.  Is it a game you play, like Wizard’s Chess, or a game you hunt, like Megalodon sharks?  Or is it matrimony, politics, war, or all three?  Show us The Game and what makes it Dangerous.  (Remember that all danger must be depicted within the TOS.)

Stills from the 1932 Fay Wray movie of the same name do not count as renders.  Using them as textures is allowed (if properly cited), but they don’t count as either “game” or “dangerous” as movie stills.

The renders need not be related at all to Richard Connell’s Short Story that inspired the contest name.

NAEs are always welcome.

Renders in any free renderer should be fine, as well as in DAZ, Poser, Bryce, or Lux, as long as you provide the link. Renderers do not count toward your freebie count.

The Prizes:

The usual DAZ gift certificates for the winners are still on the table.

Music2u4u is providing another splendid prize:  an old country house (or hunting lodge) with a dungeon in the basement, to be presented to all winners and HMs of the contest.

Jaderail has offered prizes.

Further details will follow as they come in.

The Hosts:
Myself,  Eustace Scrubb.  No co-hosts at this time.

The Judges:

1) Music2u4u

2) Kismet2012

3) Robkelk

4) DollyGirl (tiebreaker vote)

Now is the time when I would fire the starting g-u-n, but I don’t want to give Bob any more ideas.

Signature 

My dA gallery
For God’s sake!  Gallifrey Stands!

And God still reigns.

Posted: 01 November 2013 05:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1972
Joined  0

GUILTY!....bangs gavel….

uhem….I would like to apply for the position of JUDGE. The only experience I have is with all you knuckleheads up in here.

grin

Image Attachments
JudgesGavelPromo1.jpg
 Signature 

I am not this way because I am a musician, I am a musician because I am this way.

old posts: 10,322 Daz member since Build 1

Freebie Challenge Rules! - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/286/

Posted: 01 November 2013 05:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0

I offered up this as a prize for the mini contest last month that was never won. So, I will give a copy of it to each of the three winners and two HMs. It is an old country house with a full dungeon basement with workable cell door. It is in Poser/Daz (.pp2) format. You can hide the front wall to the basement for renders. I would say THIS is a most dangerous game! May be more donations later.

Image Attachments
HauntedHouse1.jpgHauntedHouse2.jpg
 Signature 

I am not this way because I am a musician, I am a musician because I am this way.

Posted: 01 November 2013 08:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  994
Joined  2005-03-26

All right!  We have a prize and one judge lined up.  Thank you, Music!  Now to get to work on a banner.

Still taking applications for the bench (judges) or the broomcloset (prizes awarded).

Signature 

My dA gallery
For God’s sake!  Gallifrey Stands!

And God still reigns.

Posted: 01 November 2013 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1860
Joined  2006-02-17

Gallery Created
http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/FreebieChallenge/Nov2013/

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 01 November 2013 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  679
Joined  2009-03-17

Very amusing intro, Eustace, and a VERY intriguing theme.

I’ll be Bach, as Arnie says in Angry Video Game Nerd.

Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2013 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  679
Joined  2009-03-17

MUSIC, if the concrete block wall is all closed in, how do people get up to the house?

Oh, it’s a BASEMENT! I see. So are you throwing in the dirt, as the mourner said to the gravedigger?

Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2013 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2774
Joined  2010-11-30

Refresh my memory, please - this isn’t directly addressed in the rules, I recall a ruling was made, but I don’t recall what the ruling was.

If one can download items for free only after paying to access the site that has those items (for example, the freebies listed in the Platinum Club “Members Only” forum, or the items at Poser World), do they count as freebies, no-counts, or paid items?

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - rather small at the moment, but with big dreams to be the one-stop list for all D|S and Poser freebies

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge!

Posted: 01 November 2013 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15955
Joined  2003-10-09
robkelk - 01 November 2013 04:16 PM

Refresh my memory, please - this isn’t directly addressed in the rules, I recall a ruling was made, but I don’t recall what the ruling was.

If one can download items for free only after paying to access the site that has those items (for example, the freebies listed in the Platinum Club “Members Only” forum, or the items at Poser World), do they count as freebies, no-counts, or paid items?

Normal monthly Daz freebies count, but PC ones don’t as you do have to be a member of the PC to get them for free.  I would say they would count a paid for items, because non PC members pay a direct price and PC members pay a sub.

Same goes for any site where you have to pay to enter the site to access freebies.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 01 November 2013 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1078
Joined  2003-11-24
Eustace Scrubb - 01 November 2013 08:05 AM

All right!  We have a prize and one judge lined up.  Thank you, Music!  Now to get to work on a banner.

Still taking applications for the bench (judges) or the broomcloset (prizes awarded).

Sounds like a fun month Eustace, I will hang back as always, but if you don’t get any more judges I’ll judge for you.

Signature 

old post count 2826   ETO and all around crazy person

Posted: 01 November 2013 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1860
Joined  2006-02-17
chohole - 01 November 2013 04:21 PM

Normal monthly Daz freebies count, but PC ones don’t as you do have to be a member of the PC to get them for free.  I would say they would count a paid for items, because non PC members pay a direct price and PC members pay a sub.

Same goes for any site where you have to pay to enter the site to access freebies.

There are no DAZ “freebies” anymore.  PC Members get the items free, everyone else must purchase something to get the free item.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 01 November 2013 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1071
Joined  2012-04-13

I’ll be a judge if you still need one.

Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2013 08:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0

Correct! Paid fors.

grin

Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2013 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0
Dorseyland - 01 November 2013 08:53 AM

MUSIC, if the concrete block wall is all closed in, how do people get up to the house?

Oh, it’s a BASEMENT! I see. So are you throwing in the dirt, as the mourner said to the gravedigger?

Nope!...It’s a “dirty” job, but you have to supply your own dirt,dust,mud,rocks,grass,limbs,fast food trash,mugged dead bodies,dog,cat and horse poop,and anything else found in most yards! WHAT LOOK…GOLD! I’M RICH!...AH…Fool’s gold…MEPS!

grin

Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2013 08:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0
Kendall Sears - 01 November 2013 06:10 PM

There are no DAZ “freebies” anymore.  PC Members get the items free, everyone else must purchase something to get the free item.

Kendall

Big Bummer!

downer

Signature 

Posted: 02 November 2013 04:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15955
Joined  2003-10-09
music2u4u - 01 November 2013 08:11 PM
Kendall Sears - 01 November 2013 06:10 PM

Kendall

Big Bummer!

downer

Daz Weekly Freebies are still counted as freebies, for the purpose of this contest.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

1 of 17