Digital Art Zone

Do you remember old Carrara plugin ?
Posted: 28 October 2013 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2010-04-04

Hi, i remember a long time ago, i have a Carrara plugin for interaction between 2 objects like a rolling ball let trace in the snow. Someone know the name of this plugin, if it already exist ? It’ like magnet but can deform for example the ground on the path from another object. rolleyes

Posted: 28 October 2013 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  232
Joined  2009-04-06
napoleon solo - 28 October 2013 11:06 AM

Hi, i remember a long time ago, i have a Carrara plugin for interaction between 2 objects like a rolling ball let trace in the snow. Someone know the name of this plugin, if it already exist ? It’ like magnet but can deform for example the ground on the path from another object. rolleyes

Sparrowhawke (always him grin ) has a footprint deformer that may lay trace of something into something (and the reverse wink ).

I’ve never tried it and Sparrowhawke marks it as alpha, so…

Posted: 28 October 2013 11:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  0

I remember this plugin. It was from a Japanese developer…. The link and/or plugin expired and I lost track after a while…

Signature 

320+ TUTORIALS for Carrara at CARRARA CAFE
C3DE - CARRARA 3D EXPO MAGAZINE - the showcase for Carrara Artists

Posted: 28 October 2013 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-04
Philemo - 28 October 2013 11:24 AM
napoleon solo - 28 October 2013 11:06 AM

Sparrowhawke (always him grin ) has a footprint deformer that may lay trace of something into something (and the reverse wink ).

I’ve never tried it and Sparrowhawke marks it as alpha, so…

Yes look like this but maybe more like magnet, difference was that ground was staying in place after the magnet goes on it.
i try now footprint but doesn’t works.

The plugin was also easier to work with.

Posted: 28 October 2013 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-04
holly wetcircuit - 28 October 2013 11:39 AM

I remember this plugin. It was from a Japanese developer…. The link and/or plugin expired and I lost track after a while…

Too bad, was great.

Posted: 28 October 2013 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6090
Joined  2007-12-04

This is not a Carrara plugin, but it resembles what you’re planning:
Nerd3d’s Footsteps Tool
I know… I get ridicule all the time for mentioning these sorts of Poser workarounds. But Poser workarounds work great in Carrara, too!
Fact is, Nerd3d has all manner of impressive Poser workarounds that are also useful in Carrara wink

Image Attachments
n3d_footsteps_tool.jpg
 Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 28 October 2013 11:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-04
Dartanbeck - 28 October 2013 11:53 AM

This is not a Carrara plugin, but it resembles what you’re planning:
Nerd3d’s Footsteps Tool
I know… I get ridicule all the time for mentioning these sorts of Poser workarounds. But Poser workarounds work great in Carrara, too!
Fact is, Nerd3d has all manner of impressive Poser workarounds that are also useful in Carrara wink

Thank you, but it was really different, an was animated also with physics. Incredible so good plugin disappear.

Plugins are the honey of a software.

Posted: 29 October 2013 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  110
Joined  0

It’s name was “Potentializer”, it was made by A-Kuro digital & it was only available for up to Carrara 6.

Sparrowhawkes “Footprints” is actually better…..it’s animatable, and has an adjustable “mud” setting that allows the deformation to disappear over time, or stay deformed.
I use it in C 8.1 and it works great…..it’s free, give it a shot.  wink