Digital Art Zone

No searching by Published Artist ruins sales
Posted: 29 June 2012 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16

This seems like it should be a high priority fix. People haven’t been able to search by PA since the store opened, which makes any PA sale a pita.

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 29 June 2012 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  512
Joined  2005-01-18

I think you’re absolutely right! As a workaround untill it’s fixed you could use this:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/index/?limit=60&q=nameofartist 

instead of nameofartist just fill in the name of the artist you would like to search for. If that are two names, like jack tomalin, put in an underscore like: jack_tomalin

Hope this helps a bit. Oh, and you get 60 products on one page… wink

Love, Jeanne

Signature 

I am what I am, my own special creation

Posted: 29 June 2012 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-16

I get “There are no products matching the selection” same as if I do advanced search (which isn’t very obvious btw.) For anyone trying the advanced search, click on the down arrow next to the search dialog box. It doesn’t work however.

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 29 June 2012 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1773
Joined  2012-04-14

There is an all vendors that has appeared: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/vendors/ but I think they’re still working on it because it doesn’t seem to be populated.

Posted: 29 June 2012 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16372
Joined  2003-10-09

If you know the PA in question correct name just enter it into the search box, top right of the store.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        October Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 29 June 2012 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  512
Joined  2005-01-18
Gedd - 29 June 2012 02:43 PM

I get “There are no products matching the selection” same as if I do advanced search (which isn’t very obvious btw.) For anyone trying the advanced search, click on the down arrow next to the search dialog box. It doesn’t work however.

That’s odd. You copied the code and pasted it in the adress bar above the page?
If I want to search for Mab for instance, I copy the code, paste it in the adress bar on top of the page ( I use IE9) put in mab instead of nameofartist and it searches for Mab’s store… and finds it smile
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/index/?limit=60&q=mab

But of course Chohole is right and you can enter the name of the artist in the search field top right of the page. What I described is just what I do also if I’m not on the site already….. and it gives me 60 products a page immediately raspberry

Love, Jeanne

Signature 

I am what I am, my own special creation

Posted: 29 June 2012 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1726
Joined  2008-02-14

If you put the vendor’s name in the store search (not the forum search) you will get a listing of their products.  Most vendors used the link that search provided for their signature lines until a permanent solution gets coded into the website. 

for example:
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=Jack+tomalin

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=stonemason*

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=firstbastion

Signature 

PUBLISHED ARTIST
First Bastion’s Environments here at Daz

Posted: 29 June 2012 07:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2006-01-02

Changing the stores ‘sort by’ filter to ‘release date’ from the dropdown list has changed the vendors information into to pages of nothing with the ‘There are no products matching the selection.’ message every time i’ve tried to use it.  If you have the store set to show results by release date then that could be the problem.

Posted: 29 June 2012 10:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-16

I get the ‘There are no products matching the selection’ randomly and more often then not. I am using Firefox, but I don’t intend on using IE. And yes, I copied and pasted text, I put name in search bar… ‘Dreamlight’ ... one word, hard to mess up…

Signature 

Posted: 29 June 2012 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-16
FirstBastion - 29 June 2012 04:21 PM

If you put the vendor’s name in the store search (not the forum search) you will get a listing of their products…

Um, no… ‘you’ will get a listing of their products. Don’t assume because it works for you it works for others. Don’t mean to sound rude btw, I do appreciate people taking the time to reply.

Signature 

Posted: 29 June 2012 11:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2006-01-02

I am using Firefox 14.0 and can bring up the Dreamlight listings.  Which version of Firefox are you on?

Posted: 30 June 2012 03:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  251
Joined  2006-04-05
Gedd - 29 June 2012 10:33 PM

I get the ‘There are no products matching the selection’ randomly and more often then not. I am using Firefox, but I don’t intend on using IE. And yes, I copied and pasted text, I put name in search bar… ‘Dreamlight’ ... one word, hard to mess up…

Gedd, using IE will make no difference, it still breaks.

The method described by chohole works for me UNLESS I try to amend the search parameters e.g. change to release date. From that moment on the search is broken and will not search for ANYTHING in the store - returns blanks. I log out, log back in and it works again but only if I don’t try and change anything. I am using IE so I don’t think this is browser specific but a site glitch.

Signature 

My DevArt Gallery

Posted: 30 June 2012 04:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-16
Haruchai - 30 June 2012 03:48 AM

... using IE will make no difference, it still breaks… I am using IE so I don’t think this is browser specific but a site glitch.

Yes, that is pretty much the same conclusion I came to. Logging out and back in does seem to fix it and changing parameters in search or even doing repeated searches (at least some of the time) seems to break it. Basically, it needs to go through a full test cycle to see exactly how/when it breaks to identify/fix.

Signature 

Posted: 30 June 2012 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16372
Joined  2003-10-09

Daz does know there are still some glitches in the search, and are working to fix them.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        October Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 30 June 2012 05:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  251
Joined  2006-04-05
chohole - 30 June 2012 04:56 AM

Daz does know there are still some glitches in the search, and are working to fix them.

I guessed as much. The new vendor profiles should help a great deal when they get populated.

Really trying not to be too negative and try to post symtoms I’ve not seen mentioned or clarify those that are different for me. I can only imagine the list of things on DAZ’s ToDo list, sometimes the frustration takes over though. Will try and bite my lip a bit more and wait.

Signature 

My DevArt Gallery

Posted: 01 July 2012 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11506
Joined  2007-11-06

...pretty much any time i try to filter store results by date I get this:

There are no products matching the selection

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.