Digital Art Zone

5 of 5
Are Dreamlight products compatibles with DAZStudio 4 ?
Posted: 25 September 2012 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2007-02-16

DavidGB:  Thank you so much for the extra information! The Cast Shadows seemed to be the issue. I did a fast test with one of the sunlight presets I had saved for testing, got the UE2 Bounce Light preset added okay this time (thanks for that tip about the dialog!) and turned the shadows off for the skydome. I threw a building prop with a fence into the scene and rendered and the lighting looked much more accurate this time around.

I do have one more question for you though, whenever you have a chance. When I saved the light preset (I did the Stockholm 5 one), I selected the “Selected Lights” option from the dialog that comes up for saving light presets (and had Sunlight as the only one selected). However, there were a bunch of extras that got saved with it including the Sun and Sky Target nulls, empty “Light Presets” folders as well as it’s own skydome object that the Sunlight is parented to already.  The light, however, loads at default position it looks like instead of being lined up with the skydome’s light direction like it was in DS3 after loading the LDP2 preset. Is there a way to prevent the other extras from being saved with the light preset and to get the light to save and load in the correct position?  I am still pretty new to working with lighting. I’ve always used presets.

I appreciate your taking time for that last response, it helped a lot, thank you! smile

Posted: 26 September 2012 12:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6421
Joined  2006-02-20

{{{Hugs David very sincerely and very carefully not to add more pain}}}

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 15 November 2012 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2338
Joined  2005-04-15

So, three new Dreamlilght items in the store today and not a word on this issue… which means there’s three more Dreamlight products I won’t be buying.

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 15 November 2012 04:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2006-09-05
Cybersox13 - 15 November 2012 04:41 PM

So, three new Dreamlilght items in the store today and not a word on this issue… which means there’s three more Dreamlight products I won’t be buying.

I’m with you.

Posted: 15 November 2012 05:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1117
Joined  2010-09-19

so long as the product’s a model, it’ll work fine in DS4.5

Signature 

My deviantART page
My ShareCG freebies
Some of my music

Posted: 16 November 2012 01:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20
gw3972 - 15 November 2012 04:46 PM
Cybersox13 - 15 November 2012 04:41 PM

I’m with you.

Me too ...

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 16 November 2012 02:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12083
Joined  2007-11-06

...still very displeased that LDP is not being updated.

Yet, I keep getting all these emails for these all these “training” programmes and new models while the best lighting system in my book is still being neglected.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 10 January 2013 01:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20

Well, I am not buying Dreamlight products until LDP2 is updated ...

Signature 

Posted: 10 January 2013 02:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  201
Joined  2003-10-09

Adding in my 2 cents worth here.  I have about half of the Lingt N Go sets and they all work in DS4.5.  In fact, I use those sets without the scenes they were intended for in DS4.5, especially Ray Dreams.

Posted: 30 January 2013 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2012-03-11
Sprinkles - 25 September 2012 08:40 AM

Rays of Dreams for Enchanted Forest works fine in 4.5 I am playing with it now, I would post a render but they take forever to render on my machine so once I knew it was fine I stopped rendering.

Perfect candidate to ask!  I also own Rays of Dreams and use it on Daz 4.5.  Did you try all the presets (day, night and rain) on Return to The Enchanted Forest?  For me, day and night presets load fine except rain preset.  The rain preset wants something from The Enchanted Forest?

Image Attachments
Screen_Shot_2013-01-30_at_8.35_.40_AM_.png

5 of 5