Digital Art Zone

1 of 5
Are Dreamlight products compatibles with DAZStudio 4 ?
Posted: 29 June 2012 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  413
Joined  2003-10-09

I cant see the point as a vast majority dont work with DS4 unless things have been updated but not announced?

Sal.

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/101

Posted: 29 June 2012 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  251
Joined  2006-04-05

Was just coming here to enquire about this. Really nervous about buying anything at present as everything seems to say DS3 ONLY. Wasn’t sure if this was a hangover from the DS2 to DS3 move or whether it is unusable.

Is there a list of what does work in DS4 anywhere?

Signature 

My DevArt Gallery

Posted: 29 June 2012 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2569
Joined  2012-02-04

Uh-Oh. I was ready to buy “Touch of the Mediterranean” and “Grand Staircase Light Set”. Do these not work in DAZ 4? I didn’t see anything in these products that said DAZ 3 only.  Grand Staircase Light Set says “DAZ Studio 3.1.2.32 and above only”, so I thought 4 would work. The other one doesn’t say anything about DAZ version at all. What should I be looking at to know if they will work? Thanks.

Signature 

New member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 29 June 2012 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2008-09-24

I think the compatibility issue is with the plug-in type products from Dreamlight not actual 3D models.

Posted: 29 June 2012 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-04-05
Voodoo128 - 29 June 2012 04:28 PM

I think the compatibility issue is with the plug-in type products from Dreamlight not actual 3D models.

Actually, I’m mainly a Poser user looking to add some cheap lights sets to my meager DS armoury. The Light’n'Go sets look great but say they are DS3 only. Not sure why unless they are based on LDP which will not work as yet I think.

Have posted a request for clarification in DL Forum. Hopefully get an answer before the sale goes off.

Signature 

My DevArt Gallery

Posted: 29 June 2012 04:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1311
Joined  2009-01-09
barbult - 29 June 2012 03:11 PM

Uh-Oh. I was ready to buy “Touch of the Mediterranean” and “Grand Staircase Light Set”. Do these not work in DAZ 4? I didn’t see anything in these products that said DAZ 3 only.  Grand Staircase Light Set says “DAZ Studio 3.1.2.32 and above only”, so I thought 4 would work. The other one doesn’t say anything about DAZ version at all. What should I be looking at to know if they will work? Thanks.

Grand Staircase Light Set, at least, works in DS4; I bought that a while back and have used it in DS 4. (Be prepared for some truly EPIC render times.) As far as the light sets go in general, however, I think you have to ask Dreamlight. I wanted to get Light Dome Pro 2, but I did some poking around online and found a thread on the old forum that said that it doesn’t work in DS4. Pity. (Though I saw elsewhere that he offered a free upgrade for some products for people who had compatibility issues in the DS2/3 upgrade, so maybe there will eventually be an update for products that have DS3/DS4 upgrade issues—though probably not until after 4.5 goes final, since that breaks all the plugins again.)

Apart from the light sets, Dreamlight’s got several props and sets that were put into the store after DS4 came out, and those should be fine. (I keep looking longingly at Egypt City and Ra’s Castle, and especially La Piazza Mediterranean Town—and seriously, that’s a whole town—but I would never do anything with them to justify even this extremely reduced price. I just want them.)

Signature 

VWrangler at deviantArt (NSFW for some images; login required to view those)

Posted: 29 June 2012 05:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  946
Joined  2003-10-09

I have quite a few Dreamlight products and they all work fine in DS4 4.0.3.047

Light-n-Go - Streets of the Mediterranean
Light-n-Go - Streets of Asia
Touch of the Mediterrean for SOTM
Streets of Asia Light Set
Village Courtyard - Eternal Romance

The latter two are night light sets, very dramatic.  I use the lightdome/backgrounds that comes with the daytime sets quite often with other items.  Touch of the Mediterrean for SOTM set was used with the Ultralight freebie.

Edited: “Streets of Asia Light Set” is actually “Breath Of The Dragon Streets Of Asia - DAZ Studio Light Set” nighttime light set.

Image Attachments
soa.jpg
soa2.jpg
vc.jpg
ul.jpg
vc2.jpg

Posted: 29 June 2012 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-04-05
Lindsey - 29 June 2012 05:10 PM

I have quite a few Dreamlight products and they all work fine in DS4 4.0.3.047

Light-n-Go - Streets of the Mediterranean
Light-n-Go - Streets of Asia
Touch of the Mediterrean for SOTM
Streets of Asia Light Set
Village Courtyard - Eternal Romance

The latter two are night light sets, very dramatic.  I use the lightdome/backgrounds that comes with the daytime sets quite often with other items.  The Light-n-Go - Streets of the Mediterranean set was used with the Ultralight freebie.

Thanks Lindsey that’s good to know, appreciate the info & cool renders BTW.

Signature 

My DevArt Gallery

Posted: 29 June 2012 06:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1311
Joined  2009-01-09

Just FYI, what the Grand Staircase Lights, along with one of the four included camera views, look like in action. Using DS 4.0.3.47 Pro.

Image Attachments
grandstaircase-liz-dreamlightlights-1-775px.png
 Signature 

VWrangler at deviantArt (NSFW for some images; login required to view those)

Posted: 29 June 2012 08:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2569
Joined  2012-02-04

Thank you all for the reassurance about the products I’m considering. The sample renders are helpful too.

Signature 

New member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 29 June 2012 11:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2008-04-12

I did a little search and looked into the product pages for the items in “Its All About Light - 31 in 1 Pack.”

This Product is for DAZ Studio 3 ONLY
Forsaken for Urban Future 3
Rays of Dreams for Enchanted Forest
Light n Go Urban Future
Light n Go Urban Future 2
Light n Go The Warehouse
Light n Go Tin Pan Alley
Light n Go The Backstreets
Light n Go Dark Corner of the Dungeon
Light n Go The Ministry
Light n Go - The Arc
Light n Go - Urban Ruins
Light n Go - Temple Ruins
Light n Go - Tree House
Light n Go - Saba’a AlKair

For DAZ Studio 2 or DAZ Studio 3
Dark Temple Light Set for DAZ Studio

Works with DAZ Studio 2.3 and Later
Dark City Light Set for Tin Pin Alley

only works in DAZ Studio 2.
Urban Future 2 Dreamlight Light Set With Animated Rain

No mention in the product page but found in forum that does not work in DS4
Light Dome PRO 2.0
http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=183950&sid=eecf659a4007d84b81afd01a6cc77e0f

No mention... so I still have a hope to use them in DS4.
1003 Nights for Sabaa Alkair
Future City Urban Future 3 Light Set
Creepy Guildhall DAZ Studio Light Set
Kingdom Of Marrakesh By Night - DS Light Set
Dream Home Great Room Sunny Environment
Studio Light PRO for D|S
The Backstreets By Night
1002 Nights - Party Light Set D|S

“Work fine in DS4” in this thread.—Thank you very much Lindsey. :)
Light n Go - Streets Of The Mediterranean
Light n Go - Streets Of Asia
Eternal Romance for Village Courtyard
Breath Of The Dragon Streets Of Asia - DAZ Studio Light Set

I really wish the PA made it clearer. It took time to make sure which can be use in DS4, and it’s kinda depressing that many of them don’t work in DS4. :(

Signature 

since 23 Feb 2012

Posted: 30 June 2012 12:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  946
Joined  2003-10-09

“Streets of Asia Light Set” mentioned in my earlier message is actually “Breath Of The Dragon Streets Of Asia - DAZ Studio Light Set”, a night time light set.

Posted: 30 June 2012 12:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2008-04-12
Lindsey - 30 June 2012 12:41 AM

“Streets of Asia Light Set” mentioned in my earlier message is actually “Breath Of The Dragon Streets Of Asia - DAZ Studio Light Set”, a night time light set.

I corrected my post. Thank you very much. :)

Signature 

since 23 Feb 2012

Posted: 30 June 2012 01:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  293
Joined  2005-03-24

Yes, all light sets will work in DS4.

Signature 

CLICK HERE to access your FREE ebook “5 Steps 2 Stunning 3D Lighting In Any Software”.

Posted: 30 June 2012 01:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-03-24

That’s correct. Plug in’s are DS 3 only, while all props + light sets will work in DS 3+ DS 4.

Voodoo128 - 29 June 2012 04:28 PM

Signature 

CLICK HERE to access your FREE ebook “5 Steps 2 Stunning 3D Lighting In Any Software”.

Posted: 30 June 2012 01:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-03-24

LDP 2 does not work in DS 4, but LDP 1 wil work and so will Studio Light PRO.

vwrangler - 29 June 2012 04:58 PM

Grand Staircase Light Set, at least, works in DS4; I bought that a while back and have used it in DS 4. (Be prepared for some truly EPIC render times.) As far as the light sets go in general, however, I think you have to ask Dreamlight. I wanted to get Light Dome Pro 2, but I did some poking around online and found a thread on the old forum that said that it doesn’t work in DS4. Pity. (Though I saw elsewhere that he offered a free upgrade for some products for people who had compatibility issues in the DS2/3 upgrade, so maybe there will eventually be an update for products that have DS3/DS4 upgrade issues—though probably not until after 4.5 goes final, since that breaks all the plugins again.)

Apart from the light sets, Dreamlight’s got several props and sets that were put into the store after DS4 came out, and those should be fine. (I keep looking longingly at Egypt City and Ra’s Castle, and especially La Piazza Mediterranean Town—and seriously, that’s a whole town—but I would never do anything with them to justify even this extremely reduced price. I just want them.)

Signature 

1 of 5