Digital Art Zone

1 of 5
Products retiring (commercial)
Posted: 15 October 2013 06:13 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  399
Joined  2003-10-09

hi guys,
so I always catch a bit of flak for culling products without giving anyone a heads up so here’s a fair warning,I’m not recommending anyone buy these but just so you know in about a month these products will be retired:

The Whispering Wall
The Whispering Wall (amplified)
The Display Room
Sci-Fi Crates ‘n Containers
SkyBike

(might also try and get some of my older plat club models retired(or at least my name removed),have to bribe daz first on those ones though)

thanks
Stefan
**again I want to stress I’m not actualy wanting anyone to buy these anymore,this is just a heads up that they will be removed soon

Posted: 15 October 2013 08:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  713
Joined  2011-08-05

Hm, just wondering why you are doing so? Any limitations in the DAZ store?

Signature 

My DeviantArt

Posted: 15 October 2013 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

just clearing out the old..making way for the new, these are very,very old products that are not a good advertisement for the quality one should expect from my store.
I’ve had a few product culls in the past but some people were upset I didn’t give any warning before removing them.

Posted: 15 October 2013 09:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  256
Joined  2011-02-17

Any chance they’ll make it to Fast Grab before retiring?

Signature 

Daz Gallery

Posted: 15 October 2013 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  713
Joined  2011-08-05

I understand, and thats some good news. So we can expect more HQ stuff from you. Nice! grin

To be honest, when it comes to props, I almost exclusively buy Stonemason stuff. Not cheap, but worth every cent.

Signature 

My DeviantArt

Posted: 15 October 2013 11:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Mr Leong - 15 October 2013 09:07 PM

Any chance they’ll make it to Fast Grab before retiring?

probably not fast grab but i’ll see if I can get the price knocked down a bit.

Posted: 16 October 2013 12:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  241
Joined  2003-10-09
Stonemason - 15 October 2013 08:32 PM

just clearing out the old..making way for the new, these are very,very old products that are not a good advertisement for the quality one should expect from my store.
I’ve had a few product culls in the past but some people were upset I didn’t give any warning before removing them.

Makes sense.

[Tongue-in-Cheek]
On the other hand maybe the executive board of the multi-billion dollar DAZ corporation are missing out on the opportunity to introduce a new “DAZ Budget” range of older products at knock down prices!

Let’s see. How about “Buy 3 get 2” multiplied by a random fraction of the distance from the Earth to the Sun at the time the purchase is made, earning an unspecified number of “Budget Bonus Points”, dependent upon the direction El Nino is blowing, all handily summarized in a growing rose bush graphic where the number of flowers on the bush indicates the number of points held. Points can then be redeemed on any DAZ Budget range product provided the name of the product contains at least two letters formed from a subset of the current highest NYSE performing stock in the three weeks prior to redeeming the coupon.

Something simple and easy to understand.
[/Tongue-in-Cheek]

But ... then again ... yes ... maybe retiring them is a better option.

Posted: 16 October 2013 12:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2466
Joined  2005-04-15

It would be nice to see some kind of clearance sale or a bundle on these.  I’m absolutely sure that there’s a texture set that someone made for the Display Room that turns it into something entirely different, though I’m drawing a blank on who and what at the minute. 

Personally, I’ve never been crazy about the idea of retiring models, as it’s quite frustrating to come across a piece of work and want to pick up an asset that was used in it only to discover it’s no longer available.  And while these may no longer be up to your own current standard, they’re certainly still better than a lot of newer commercial products that are up at some other sites.  Lord knows, I’ve found myself using assets created for V1, Posette and the Dork often enough when they’re the only thing that vaguely meets my needs and I’ve got a tight deadline.

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 16 October 2013 01:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5216
Joined  2012-04-07
acanthis - 16 October 2013 12:09 AM

Makes sense.

[Tongue-in-Cheek]
On the other hand maybe the executive board of the multi-billion dollar DAZ corporation are missing out on the opportunity to introduce a new “DAZ Budget” range of older products at knock down prices!

Let’s see. How about “Buy 3 get 2” multiplied by a random fraction of the distance from the Earth to the Sun at the time the purchase is made, earning an unspecified number of “Budget Bonus Points”, dependent upon the direction El Nino is blowing, all handily summarized in a growing rose bush graphic where the number of flowers on the bush indicates the number of points held. Points can then be redeemed on any DAZ Budget range product provided the name of the product contains at least two letters formed from a subset of the current highest NYSE performing stock in the three weeks prior to redeeming the coupon.

Something simple and easy to understand.
[/Tongue-in-Cheek]

But ... then again ... yes ... maybe retiring them is a better option.

I’m quoting you ... this is precious grin

Signature 

Lots of photos in my DA Gallery including PD Textures.

Posted: 16 October 2013 02:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  998
Joined  2007-04-08

I think that’s spoken like someone that strives for perfection, I like that.

Not sure I agree about the PC items though, I find your PC items fantastic quality and value, and anything that comes out in the PC with your moniker on it gets my attention.

Bear in mind before you do this that there are always new users, and new users want low cost, good quality props and environments, which your PC items provide in abundance, even if you personally think they may be a little frayed around the edges now.

Much respect,
Barry.

Signature 

You’re never too old for metaballs!  ~Michael Frank

Posted: 16 October 2013 03:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17019
Joined  2003-10-09

I do agree with that about the PC items, they get used quite regularly in my renders, and are very useful on occasion.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 16 October 2013 03:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

it’s not my call on the pclub models and I doubt they’ll go,

.for the retiring models listed above I’ve asked them to be re-priced at the lowest possible amount,that should happen in a few hours

Posted: 16 October 2013 03:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  729
Joined  2010-12-10

Can I ask you what sort of timescale were looking at, at the reduced price, before they go?

Will they be revamped like The Dark Star?

Signature 

My Gallery at Daz 3D
My Forum Thread

Posted: 16 October 2013 04:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

a little over a month..

and not planning to re-do any of them specifically…

..except for one

Posted: 16 October 2013 04:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  729
Joined  2010-12-10

Hmmm. Hehe.

Signature 

My Gallery at Daz 3D
My Forum Thread

Posted: 16 October 2013 06:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8306
Joined  2009-05-14

I can completely understand this and I would do the same if in the same position as you Stefan. Your more recent products really show how far you have come since you made those products.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

1 of 5