Digital Art Zone

5 of 12
Mec4d’s Beards and Bodyhair are here! Hurray!
Posted: 30 June 2012 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  307
Joined  2011-01-22

Just wanted to say these were definitely well worth the wait.  Awesome images everyone smile

Here’s a version I made using both the body hair and the beard.

Image Attachments
STARS_Agent.jpg

Posted: 30 June 2012 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2315
Joined  2005-09-05

Went straight in the trolley despite running out of bandwidth…got up this morning ready to download now that my bandwidth is back and noticed the downloads are listed as pending…:  (

Can’t wait to play Cath this looks awesome!

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 30 June 2012 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1880
Joined  2005-12-31

Such a cool product!

Image Attachments
hairy_test.png

Posted: 30 June 2012 06:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1767
Joined  2003-10-09

Thank you, yes I am going to make it soon and publish under Mec4D, I was just waiting for this release first before I add next hair packs for the other parts , I was for plan to make also some scalp hair for men also for the start , as you may know I tried before but the files for the scalp hair was to big to make it as the beard so I am going to do separate styles with additional morphs , also for the eyebrows and underarm .

Cath

Tylerguy - 30 June 2012 10:04 AM

I love these products! They work perfectly and look great, and even better in the test renders I’ve done so far, they don’t seem to drag render times down too much either!

If I had one plea it would be for an expansion set with underarm hair and eyebrows, but that’s just an idea… smile

Thank you thank you!

Signature 

Just Released :The Aviatrix &  The Vampire Huntress
MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 30 June 2012 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

this is very dirty hairy modern style hahaha love it

Cagnazzo82 - 30 June 2012 12:42 PM

Just wanted to say these were definitely well worth the wait.  Awesome images everyone smile

Here’s a version I made using both the body hair and the beard.

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 30 June 2012 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

sorry about that Pen , good things come to those who wait ! I am sure you will be not disappointed , as I made it as for myself
the original plan was to do just 15 styles of the beards , but I was generous and added 15 extra as a bonus in the most popular grooming styles so you don’t miss them , and you know me if i don’t like what i do you will not see it released .

more stuff on the way ..

Cath

Pendraia - 30 June 2012 03:03 PM

Went straight in the trolley despite running out of bandwidth…got up this morning ready to download now that my bandwidth is back and noticed the downloads are listed as pending…:  (

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 30 June 2012 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2003-10-09

Any textures or color mat come out ?

Image Attachments
unshaven03.jpg
 Signature 

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Posted: 30 June 2012 07:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  232
Joined  2003-10-09
Mec4D - 29 June 2012 11:53 AM

the dwarf looks so funny so where are the other 6 brothers ? lol I am happy you have fun

I don’t think my old computer will handle 6 more, let alone Snow White! Yeah, I’m having a lot of fun , thanks again Cath!

Went straight in the trolley despite running out of bandwidth…got up this morning ready to download now that my bandwidth is back and noticed the downloads are listed as pending…:  (!

Try resetting your download, it worked for me.

thebert - 30 June 2012 06:40 PM

Any textures or color mat come out ?

Just change your diffuse color.

Coldrake

Signature 

I don’t dance, I boogie.
———————————————————

If I have to choose between speed and quality, I’ll take quality every time.
———————————————————

It’s not what tools you use,
It’s how you use your tools.

Posted: 30 June 2012 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Mec4D - 30 June 2012 06:34 PM

sorry about that Pen , good things come to those who wait ! I am sure you will be not disappointed , as I made it as for myself
the original plan was to do just 15 styles of the beards , but I was generous and added 15 extra as a bonus in the most popular grooming styles so you don’t miss them , and you know me if i don’t like what i do you will not see it released .

more stuff on the way ..

Cath

Not your fault Cath…I know that it will be fixed. It’s just frustrating to wait as I’ve been looking forward to this for a long time. I can’t wait to see what you do with the hair and other stuff.

Hugs

Pen

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 30 June 2012 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Coldrake - 30 June 2012 07:48 PM

Went straight in the trolley despite running out of bandwidth…got up this morning ready to download now that my bandwidth is back and noticed the downloads are listed as pending…:  (!

Try resetting your download, it worked for me.

thank you Coldrake, that worked! Off to download…

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 30 June 2012 08:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5216
Joined  2012-04-07

Okay ... I had to try this. Family thing, black hair and red beards wink 

Image Attachments
thankyou2.jpg
 Signature 

Lots of photos in my DA Gallery including PD Textures.

Posted: 30 June 2012 11:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4727
Joined  2004-08-11

Hey Cath,

Wondering on the hairy body areas… can you do a full hairy arms, knuckles tops of hands and hairy thighs, lower legs and tops of feet with some options to make the hair lay closer and straighter, like in a more patterned way that allot of men have?  The wild looks great but not for every sort of male out there in the big old world we live in.  Some back hair too would be AWESOME!  Hell just make a wolfman and give us options to shorten/lengthen it, wave/straighten it up a bit and turn various areas off and on and well… I would kiss your feet!  raspberry

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 01 July 2012 05:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2004-09-07
RAMWolff - 30 June 2012 11:55 PM

Hey Cath,

Wondering on the hairy body areas… can you do a full hairy arms, knuckles tops of hands and hairy thighs, lower legs and tops of feet with some options to make the hair lay closer and straighter, like in a more patterned way that allot of men have?  The wild looks great but not for every sort of male out there in the big old world we live in.  Some back hair too would be AWESOME!  Hell just make a wolfman and give us options to shorten/lengthen it, wave/straighten it up a bit and turn various areas off and on and well… I would kiss your feet!  raspberry

Lmbo… we have gone hairy crazy! See what you’ve done Catherine? And you know what… I’m not gonna lie - I wouldn’t mind it either. I’m happy with what I have… but… I won’t say it wouldn’t be fantastic to have these other needed options….

Take your time… we’ll be waiting, hoping and watching…

MKeyes aka… Mech4D fan!

Signature 

Mercedes Keyes
Amber Swann Publishing Inc.
Facebook
Published Novels
DeviantArt
3D Graphics Art Community - Google+ Join me there

Posted: 01 July 2012 06:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  279
Joined  2010-06-12

If you change the beard colour by changing the diffuse colour you get an evenly coloured beard which I find quite unnatural looking. For example, how would you get a ‘salt/pepper’ effect?

Posted: 01 July 2012 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Richard for the legs and arms the hair need to be separate , I did this but did not bend correctly with genesis as each group need own separate hair area , the body hair was additional and simple , but more different style come out soon as I figured out short ago how to change the pattern without to touch the hair manually on the body , what give great opportunity for the next set in the future , I will release new one when you get bored playing with this one lol

Cath

RAMWolff - 30 June 2012 11:55 PM

Hey Cath,

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

5 of 12