Digital Art Zone

10 of 11
Mec4d’s Beards and Bodyhair are here! Hurray!
Posted: 12 February 2013 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 136 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1807
Joined  2003-10-09

As Simon and Zevo said the best way is to use the polygon editor tool and select the hair with the lasso to turn them invisible , this is only one option the hair was design for the full chest so there is no other option for hide it . The product was made for DAZ but since I made it I just confirm the solution mentioned before .

Best Regards

Kyogama - 12 February 2013 01:08 AM

Can anyone tell me how to put over the chest hair without the hair poking through the clothes. Like for example a V-Neck,we the hair shows through the V but not through the actual shirt?

Signature 

Just Released :The Aviatrix &  The Vampire Huntress
MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 12 February 2013 08:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 137 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  998
Joined  2012-01-29
Mec4D - 12 February 2013 08:08 AM

As Simon and Zevo said the best way is to use the polygon editor tool and select the hair with the lasso to turn them invisible , this is only one option the hair was design for the full chest so there is no other option for hide it . The product was made for DAZ but since I made it I just confirm the solution mentioned before .

Best Regards

Nice to see you in the forum again! cool smile

Posted: 12 February 2013 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 138 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Just as customer this time no more no less..  but thanks smile)

Proxima Shining - 12 February 2013 08:25 AM

Best Regards

Nice to see you in the forum again! cool smile

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 12 February 2013 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 139 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3365
Joined  2009-08-05

Hooray you’re back:)

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 12 February 2013 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 140 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks Zevo .. is there a way to update the Avatar in the forum?  as I get error each time I try .. I need to change it badly

Zev0 - 12 February 2013 08:34 AM

Hooray you’re back:)

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 12 February 2013 09:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 141 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3365
Joined  2009-08-05

Not yet.. You cannot even change your sig or add one:(

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 12 February 2013 09:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 142 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2354
Joined  2007-12-07

Best Regards

Can anyone tell me how to put over the chest hair without the hair poking through the clothes. Like for example a V-Neck,we the hair shows through the V but not through the actual shirt?

Nice to see you back, even if ‘just’ as a normal punter smile

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 12 February 2013 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 143 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks Simon smile lol

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 12 February 2013 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 144 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  990
Joined  2005-11-27
Mec4D - 12 February 2013 09:18 AM

Thanks Simon smile lol

Don’t know where I’ve been, but I just discovered your incredible Santa character last night, and I bought it right away. I’ve been wanting that for SO long! I also bought Red Riding Hood because the outfit is so beautiful.

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

Posted: 12 February 2013 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 145 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4533
Joined  2004-08-11

OMG *faints*  Glad your back here Cath.  It’s good to have your wisdom and beauty here again.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 12 February 2013 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 146 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4533
Joined  2004-08-11

PS… never used the Poly Lasso tool to make new selections or turn things invisible.  I’ll have to give that a try.  Would be nice to have a little tutorial on that for us visual learners.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 12 February 2013 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 147 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks Guys, remember I am just like you and everyone else.. the customer here so have to respect the TOS regarding to commercial post and adds ..  other way you will miss me again lol

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 12 February 2013 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 148 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2011-10-12
SimonJM - 12 February 2013 03:43 AM

That is an issue with any and all such products - as well as those that have displacement maps.  Try this - using the Polygon Group Editor (Alt-Shift-G or vita Tools> menu), select the errant hairs (right-click and change selection Mode) and set them to not being visible (right-click and select Visibility option).

I try the shortcut and click on it in the menu and I see nothing happen…Sorry I’m still really new to this..what is suppose to happen? downer

Posted: 12 February 2013 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 149 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2354
Joined  2007-12-07
Kyogama - 12 February 2013 01:20 PM
SimonJM - 12 February 2013 03:43 AM

That is an issue with any and all such products - as well as those that have displacement maps.  Try this - using the Polygon Group Editor (Alt-Shift-G or vita Tools> menu), select the errant hairs (right-click and change selection Mode) and set them to not being visible (right-click and select Visibility option).

I try the shortcut and click on it in the menu and I see nothing happen…Sorry I’m still really new to this..what is suppose to happen? downer

The Polygon Group Editor tool is one of the few that does not chnage cursor from default pointer.  So, what I’d do is:
In Scene tab, select the bofy hair prop/figure.  Hit Ctrl-F to ‘frame’ it so you get a good, closish view of it (zoom in manually to get a decent look at the affected area).
Select the Polygon Group Editor tool.
Right-click on one of the hairs of the prop and from the pop-up menu find the ‘lasso’ selection method.  Draw a line round the bits of hair you don’t want poking through whilst holding down the left mouse button.  You should see the selected mesh turn a pale yellow.
Right-click again and from the pop-up menu select the Visibility option to hide the selected polygons.
Go back to the usual pointer tool!

Sorry if it’s vague, but that is from memory. smile

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 12 February 2013 02:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 150 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  152
Joined  2007-08-25
Mec4D - 12 February 2013 09:01 AM

Thanks Zevo .. is there a way to update the Avatar in the forum?  as I get error each time I try .. I need to change it badly

The only way I’ve been able to change mine is to set my avatar to None, so nothing is displayed.. wait about 12-24 hours, then set a new one. Not too sure why that’s worked before, but it’s worked for me twice now.
Still never figured out how to set a sig.

Signature 

————-
2012: The world ended. We missed it. Maybe next time.
DVL_LVD @ ShareCG

10 of 11