Digital Art Zone

8 of 11
Mec4d’s Beards and Bodyhair are here! Hurray!
Posted: 09 July 2012 01:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 106 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  627
Joined  2007-12-04

A first test render with the hairy bundle.  grin

Image Attachments
Hairy_M5_mk_3.png
 Signature 

Follow me on facebook, check out my website or find my freebies here.
Don’t forget to have a look at The Wizard’s Library, my multi-figure Daz scene.

Posted: 17 July 2012 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1808
Joined  2003-10-09

very nice render !

Shaaelia - 09 July 2012 01:16 AM

A first test render with the hairy bundle.  grin

Signature 

Just Released :The Aviatrix &  The Vampire Huntress
MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 17 July 2012 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  627
Joined  2007-12-04

thanks Cath smile

Signature 

Follow me on facebook, check out my website or find my freebies here.
Don’t forget to have a look at The Wizard’s Library, my multi-figure Daz scene.

Posted: 22 July 2012 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 109 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-08-17

Had to post this here as this is my first render using the beard - and I just love it already (the beard that is) smile

Image Attachments
Marshall5.jpg
 Signature 

My DAZ3D store
My Facebook page
My Gallery

Posted: 22 July 2012 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 110 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

very cool usage of the beard, well done !

thanks for sharing

Cath

Porsimo - 22 July 2012 02:30 PM

Had to post this here as this is my first render using the beard - and I just love it already (the beard that is) smile

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 06 August 2012 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 111 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  234
Joined  2003-10-09

I must have gotten unsubscribed and never got any more ebots for this thread.

It’s a bit late now but I just exported the obj without any morphs and opened it in UV Mapper.

Coldrake

Mec4D - 02 July 2012 10:59 AM

I have a question
the template you made was from
the original UV’s ? or you created new UV’s ?
as it seems like the beard hair have new UV’s for all the stubble and not one map for individual hair , just curious
as that was what I was thinking to make as the original was different .

Cath

Coldrake - 02 July 2012 03:44 AM
luxgabu - 01 July 2012 06:57 AM

If you change the beard colour by changing the diffuse colour you get an evenly coloured beard which I find quite unnatural looking. For example, how would you get a ‘salt/pepper’ effect?

I made a salt and pepper map and uploaded it to ShareCG, you can download it here;
http://www.sharecg.com/v/63328/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Salt-n-Pepper-map-for-Unshaven-Beard-for-Genesis
You can see how it looks below, along with some other maps I made.

I also made a quick uv map so that you can see where the mustache, sideburns, etc are. If you want just a gray mustache, sideburns, streaks or whatever, this will make it a lot easier to create. You can download it here;
http://www.sharecg.com/v/63327/view/21/DAZ-Studio/UV-Template-for-Unshaven-Beard-for-Genesis-at-DAZ

Coldrake

Signature 

I don’t dance, I boogie.
———————————————————

If I have to choose between speed and quality, I’ll take quality every time.
———————————————————

It’s not what tools you use,
It’s how you use your tools.

Posted: 06 August 2012 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 112 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

My question was how many UV’s sets are there if you looks into the surface , are there 2 or just one to choice from , I ask as the original I made can be used to make different rots middle and tip or make the hair tick or tin or kink for more natural look , and the one you show was just to paint zones , I wonder that’s all

thanks
Cath

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 06 August 2012 07:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 113 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  393
Joined  2003-10-09
Mec4D - 06 August 2012 07:00 PM

My question was how many UV’s sets are there if you looks into the surface , are there 2 or just one to choice from , I ask as the original I made can be used to make different rots middle and tip or make the hair tick or tin or kink for more natural look , and the one you show was just to paint zones , I wonder that’s all

thanks
Cath

Hi Mec4D

I just looked for you and in the UV’s selection you have Facial Hair UV and one called FlatUV.

Sal.

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/101

Posted: 06 August 2012 07:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 114 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Ok then both are there so you can make 2 different style mapping , one for the zones and one for the tones like poser hair shader for example where u can use normal or displacement to change the texture of the hairs , when I am little more free from my projects I will do some cool material presets with different mapping

Thanks Sal ,
Cath

Sal UK - 06 August 2012 07:10 PM

thanks
Cath

Hi Mec4D

I just looked for you and in the UV’s selection you have Facial Hair UV and one called FlatUV.

Sal.

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 06 August 2012 07:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 115 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Mec4D - 06 August 2012 07:20 PM

Ok then both are there so you can make 2 different style mapping , one for the zones and one for the tones like poser hair shader for example where u can use normal or displacement to change the texture of the hairs , when I am little more free from my projects I will do some cool material presets with different mapping

Thanks Sal ,
Cath

thanks
Cath

Hi Mec4D

Sal.

That will be great look forward to when you have time on your hands.. smile

Signature 

Posted: 06 August 2012 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 116 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  234
Joined  2003-10-09

thanks
Cath

There was just the one UV set. I was looking for something to help paint zones, luckily for me the UV’s were what I was looking for. I really don’t know much about creating or altering UV’s.

Coldrake

Signature 

I don’t dance, I boogie.
———————————————————

If I have to choose between speed and quality, I’ll take quality every time.
———————————————————

It’s not what tools you use,
It’s how you use your tools.

Posted: 06 August 2012 08:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 117 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Sal UK - 06 August 2012 07:24 PM

Thanks Sal ,
Cath

thanks
Cath

Hi Mec4D

Sal.

Also thanks for your summer sale I just got “Neanderthal - Genesis” from your site.. smile

Sal.

Signature 

Posted: 06 August 2012 08:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 118 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Naturall the hair have different rots and tips color , also with the flatUV you can make 2 colors or 3 colors for the total effect or even use the hair as cr2 in Poser and the native hair shader, with the uv’s zones the way is only to paint the zone , it is cool if you do variations of grey hair   zones or even use color noise but it will be flat scratched color over the hair without any texture or other effect for each individual hair, the other one use 1 template for all hair if you are going to make 4 color shades for nice mixing or any other effect so both are very much usable .

Coldrake - 06 August 2012 07:37 PM

thanks
Cath

There was just the one UV set. I was looking for something to help paint zones, luckily for me the UV’s were what I was looking for. I really don’t know much about creating or altering UV’s.

Coldrake

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 06 August 2012 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 119 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks Sal for the support !!! smile

Sal UK - 06 August 2012 08:26 PM
Sal UK - 06 August 2012 07:24 PM

Thanks Sal ,
Cath

thanks
Cath

Hi Mec4D

Sal.

Also thanks for your summer sale I just got “Neanderthal - Genesis” from your site.. smile

Sal.

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 06 August 2012 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 120 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Mec4D - 06 August 2012 08:38 PM

Thanks Sal for the support !!! smile

your welcome its a great bundle fiber hair/beard and eyebrows, character and clothes love the whole thing.. smile sadly cant use the hair yet as I am using DS 4.5 but I will put the earlier version od DS4 on my other PC later today to use him fully, its 3:50am so I think I will have a sleep first..lol

Sal.

Signature 

8 of 11