Digital Art Zone

2 of 8
“My Runway” - Competition Closed/Free Upgrade to DressShop 2.0 announced (Commercial)
Posted: 17 October 2013 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5138
Joined  2012-04-07

Okay, I bought the Runway ... thanks for the free trial ... hoping to have time to put all this to good use grin

Signature 

Posted: 18 October 2013 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  265
Joined  2007-04-25
Patience55 - 17 October 2013 09:39 AM

Okay, I bought the Runway ... thanks for the free trial ... hoping to have time to put all this to good use grin

I am sure you meant to say “DressShop”. My Runway is a dress competition on DAZ, open to everyone:-)

Posted: 18 October 2013 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  869
Joined  2010-05-08

I am trying to use the trial and I am wanting to add a mannequin. I have exported the genesis figure as an object and moved it into the accessories folder. When I run the program I go to the accessories screen, click on an empty box, and add genesis. I see the word ‘genesis’ in the box.

From here I can not do anything else with the genesis accessory. I have tried double clicking. I have tried clicking and dragging. I went through the manual, albeit not thoroughly, but I cannot figure out how to get this to work. Please help.

Signature 

IF is the Life of Matter ~ UTO

Posted: 18 October 2013 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-04-25
Zawarkal - 18 October 2013 08:38 PM

I am trying to use the trial and I am wanting to add a mannequin. I have exported the genesis figure as an object and moved it into the accessories folder. When I run the program I go to the accessories screen, click on an empty box, and add genesis. I see the word ‘genesis’ in the box.

From here I can not do anything else with the genesis accessory. I have tried double clicking. I have tried clicking and dragging. I went through the manual, albeit not thoroughly, but I cannot figure out how to get this to work. Please help.

It is a little “clunky”. The Accessory library box needs to be inside the right screen. First you click on the box containing Genesis. Then you click again and holding down the right mouse button drag it over the garment.
Once there, you can move it in position.
We are working on an update that has the mannequins already in place…

Posted: 19 October 2013 01:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5138
Joined  2012-04-07
Abalone LLC - 18 October 2013 08:31 PM
Patience55 - 17 October 2013 09:39 AM

I am sure you meant to say “DressShop”. My Runway is a dress competition on DAZ, open to everyone:-)

No, I meant the Runway product which is sold in the store ... bundle came with poses for the gals on the Runway ... just have to find some time to dress ‘em wink

Signature 

Posted: 19 October 2013 01:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  596
Joined  2003-10-09

I just now noticed this.  What an awesome opportunity!

Dress shop intrigued me when I saw it during a prior sale, but I was already spending too much money.  I shall try it out.

Signature 

Windows 8.1 64 bit
64 GB DDR3, several TB of SSD storage
DS 4, 64 bit
Carrara Pro 8.5 64 bit
Blender 64 bit

Waiting patiently for Hexagon and Bryce to be upgraded to 64 bit!

Posted: 19 October 2013 02:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4846
Joined  2004-07-01

top - on the beach

Image Attachments
01_on_the_beach.jpg

Posted: 19 October 2013 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-04-25
bigh - 19 October 2013 02:16 AM

top - on the beach

Wow! Am I right to suspect that you also used our other product, FaceShop to model the face?

Posted: 19 October 2013 09:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-01
Abalone LLC - 19 October 2013 09:02 AM
bigh - 19 October 2013 02:16 AM

top - on the beach

Wow! Am I right to suspect that you also used our other product, FaceShop to model the face?

sorry no just DS .

Posted: 19 October 2013 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  249
Joined  2005-05-17

Thanks for the trial, just downloaded and created this in just a few minutes, this is going to be fun, now to see what else I can come up with.

Image Attachments
shirt1.jpg

Posted: 19 October 2013 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-04-25
Heatherlee - 19 October 2013 03:44 PM

Thanks for the trial, just downloaded and created this in just a few minutes, this is going to be fun, now to see what else I can come up with.

Heather,
This is great to see that you did this minutes after installing DressShop.
Exactly the reason why we created DressShop as an easy-to-use alternative to expensive and complicated applications:-)
Good job!
Laslo

Posted: 19 October 2013 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  596
Joined  2003-10-09

Haha, the original sample does not fit Josie; it’s too big and yet her bust pokes through the front.

Poor girl, she’s getting no respect in my runtime!

Signature 

Windows 8.1 64 bit
64 GB DDR3, several TB of SSD storage
DS 4, 64 bit
Carrara Pro 8.5 64 bit
Blender 64 bit

Waiting patiently for Hexagon and Bryce to be upgraded to 64 bit!

Posted: 19 October 2013 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  869
Joined  2010-05-08
Abalone LLC - 18 October 2013 08:46 PM

It is a little “clunky”. The Accessory library box needs to be inside the right screen. First you click on the box containing Genesis. Then you click again and holding down the right mouse button drag it over the garment.

I still cannot get this to work. I was able to get the belt to add, but not the genesis. I just tried to get the manual to open and I was told the pdf was damaged and could not be opened. Also, when I select the position to be cut I am able to get the line. But, when I try to click on the area I want to cut I just get a new selection started.

I am using a laptop. Do I need to be using an actual desktop mouse to get this functionality to work? Not sure what I am doing incorrectly.

Signature 

IF is the Life of Matter ~ UTO

Posted: 19 October 2013 07:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-01
Zawarkal - 19 October 2013 05:58 PM
Abalone LLC - 18 October 2013 08:46 PM

I still cannot get this to work. I was able to get the belt to add, but not the genesis. I just tried to get the manual to open and I was told the pdf was damaged and could not be opened. Also, when I select the position to be cut I am able to get the line. But, when I try to click on the area I want to cut I just get a new selection started.

I am using a laptop. Do I need to be using an actual desktop mouse to get this functionality to work? Not sure what I am doing incorrectly.

did you look at the videos ?
tells you pretty much what you need to do .

Posted: 19 October 2013 07:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-01
Heatherlee - 19 October 2013 03:44 PM

great start !

2 of 8