3 of 54
GENERAL FREEBIE REQUESTS   Part 2
Posted: 13 October 2013 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1420
Joined  2010-03-01
Tallulahdahling - 13 October 2013 07:23 AM

I haven’t had much luck finding a laurel wreath - the kind a Roman Emperor might wear, or a little boy dressed as Nero for Halloween.  :D

It would be great if it is, or could be, colored metallic gold.  (Sometimes leaves are made on flat surfaces with trans maps, so you can’t use shaders on that kind of leaf unless you want squares instead of leaves.)  However, natural leaves are okay.

I can’t do postwork on the pic, because it’s for the freebie contest, so it has to be right as it is.

Thanks!

Would this work for you Tallulahdahling? It is at Faeriewylde so you have to be a member. It is free and you can use shaders on it.
http://www.faeriewylde.com/FW4/index.php?topic=500.0

Posted: 14 October 2013 12:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1585
Joined  2011-11-16

I haven’t had much luck finding a laurel wreath - the kind a Roman Emperor might wear, or a little boy dressed as Nero for Halloween.  :D

It would be great if it is, or could be, colored metallic gold.  (Sometimes leaves are made on flat surfaces with trans maps, so you can’t use shaders on that kind of leaf unless you want squares instead of leaves.)  However, natural leaves are okay.

I can’t do postwork on the pic, because it’s for the freebie contest, so it has to be right as it is.

Thanks!

I’ve found that you can indeed use shaders on props and garments which use Trans maps, and bump /Displacement maps. The trick is to reapply those maps through the Surfaces tab after applying the shader.

Posted: 14 October 2013 12:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1695
Joined  2012-09-16

Thanks for the cow skull suggestions! I found what I was looking for, thanks!

Signature 

Studio DB Page
DeviantArt page

Need a review or looking for tips? Pay a visit HERE

Posted: 14 October 2013 07:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6560
Joined  2006-02-20

Would a Ram skull do?
http://www.mortemvetus.com/free_downloads.php?type=1&page=9

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 14 October 2013 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  221
Joined  2007-08-27

Are there any clothing piles around, e.g. usually found on the floor in front of the washing machine, ready to be washed?

Posted: 14 October 2013 08:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-01
DoctorJellybean - 14 October 2013 08:01 AM

Are there any clothing piles around, e.g. usually found on the floor in front of the washing machine, ready to be washed?

14th down
http://www.most-digital-creations.com/free_poser_poses_textures_morphs_props_13.htm

Posted: 14 October 2013 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  221
Joined  2007-08-27

Thank you. I do have that tho. I have to say that when I do my washing, it’s a pile and not nicely separated like that smile

Posted: 14 October 2013 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-01
DoctorJellybean - 14 October 2013 08:13 AM

Thank you. I do have that tho. I have to say that when I do my washing, it’s a pile and not nicely separated like that smile

Well if you are adventurous then this file has a great piled up bathrobe but you will have to bring it into carrara, hexagon or something similar to seperate the pile from the rest of the bathrobes in the scene.

Also this category at archive3d has some crumpled up towels and such. all in 3ds format so you would have to fiddle with them as well.

The only other suggestion I have is to take the Optitex dynamic clothing and drape them over various shapes to get your pile of clothing that way.

Links removed due to doubts about some content on those sites.

So Doc looks like you can’t use archive3d any more so my suggestion about using dynamic is the only route so I played around with a few items and came up with this idea. I put a sphere on a plane added Adam’s clothing and then added the dynamic clothing and had it collide with all and set internal pressure of 1.0. See picture below:

Image Attachments
Render_10.jpg

Posted: 14 October 2013 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  2005-03-26
DoctorJellybean - 14 October 2013 08:13 AM

You could combine it with Gerald Day’s dropped clothes…
http://fast3d.co.uk/drop/drop.htm

Signature 

My dA gallery
For God’s sake!  Gallifrey Stands!

And God still reigns.

Posted: 14 October 2013 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1585
Joined  2011-11-16

Both the Pile of Clothes and Dropped Clothes are very cools sets. What would be even cooler is if there was a set that could actually turn other clothes (sets normally worn by a given figure —such as Genesis or V4) into “dropped clothes” with all of the folds and wrinkles included. While flattening the garments, and posing the joints works in a pinch, it doesn’t have the same look as actual “dropped clothes” and doesn’t provide all the right folds.  This is something that would be very usefull for characters who have “signature outfits” or in sequential art where a couple have been start out wearing a particular set of outfits, and are later shown undressed with those same garments discarded on the floor.

Posted: 14 October 2013 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  320
Joined  2005-01-14
Dollygirl - 13 October 2013 09:40 AM

Thanks!

Would this work for you Tallulahdahling? It is at Faeriewylde so you have to be a member. It is free and you can use shaders on it.

Thank you, DollyGirl.  I wasn’t registered there, so I’ll get a look at it once they’ve approved my registration.

Posted: 14 October 2013 04:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-01-14
Tramp Graphics - 14 October 2013 12:08 AM

Thanks!

I’ve found that you can indeed use shaders on props and garments which use Trans maps, and bump /Displacement maps. The trick is to reapply those maps through the Surfaces tab after applying the shader.

Ah!  Of course!  Thanks for the tip, Tramp.  It was so obvious, I looked right past it!

Posted: 14 October 2013 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-01-14
Dollygirl - 13 October 2013 09:40 AM

Thanks!

Okay, my registration has been approved and I’ve looked at the wreath.  I think it will work just fine, and thank you very much! smile

Posted: 14 October 2013 11:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-01-14

Well, dang!

I downloaded the head-wreath and gilded it, and it’s just the thing, so now the picture is all ready to render!  But now I realize that I have one paid item too many to enter the monthly freebie contest.  I’m using both Genesis and Genesis 2 Female, so I have 2 sets of paid morphs and I don’t want to zero out their morphs and use only freebee ones, because I like my characters.  Then I used Lorenzo LoRez as a distant background character.  That’s 3.  But there’s also one texture that makes 4.

So I thought, maybe if I could change that texture on Genesis 2 female.  I used the texture that came in D/S 4.6 - Bree.  But I think that still counts as a paid item.  (And it looks great on my character, darn it!)  But I can’t find any free Genesis 2 female textures.  Oh, I found one, but when I tried to install it I got a pop-up saying the zip was empty.

So… does anyone know a nice, free Genesis 2 Female texture, please?

Posted: 14 October 2013 11:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2012-04-11

Does anyone know of a simple helmet for a medieval knight? I’ve been searching around but can only find ones for Barbarians or with animal or fantasy shapes or Roman/Greek helmets.
Thank you in advance.
Sigrid

Signature 

My Deviantart

3 of 54