Digital Art Zone

6 of 16
Skipper’s Berth
Posted: 30 March 2013 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  368
Joined  2007-08-19

Thanks for the nice comments, folks.  Yes, we have been having trouble with Daz all day.

Signature 

The perennial problem with democracies is that of choosing leaders.  It’s like picking teachers of sex education in schools - those who would be good at it don’t want to do it, while those who are keen would best be behind iron bars.

Posted: 31 March 2013 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  173
Joined  2008-10-05

Beautiful little table, Skipper.  Glad to hear the Castle is done.  An extraordinary piece of work to tackle.  Hope the website comes together for you soon.

Signature 

Have an opinion—even if it’s wrong!

Old Forum Posts = 348

Posted: 31 March 2013 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1244
Joined  2004-08-24

Very pretty - thanks so much!

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 04 May 2013 02:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

Oh wow!  I would not have dreamed it possible to have so many niggling problems crop up in the course of creating a simple website - at least, not without having had the experience.  I think that right now, my ickle bruvver will be collapsed with exhaustion.  But - there - it is a waste of time and space even to hint at it.  Let us just be thankful that the basic website structure is finally working and in place, with freebies, paid-for, tutorials and a number of other nascent topics that can only grow in the future.

Visit www.skippersmodels.com or www.skippersmodels.co.uk, where AT LAST you may download the completed Highclere Castle model (aka Downton Abbey) or many other models. Please give us a visit, make a comment or even (wow!) buy a model.

There are a lot of freebies available and as backup, they will also still be available from ShareCG.

Signature 

The perennial problem with democracies is that of choosing leaders.  It’s like picking teachers of sex education in schools - those who would be good at it don’t want to do it, while those who are keen would best be behind iron bars.

Posted: 04 May 2013 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1032
Joined  2005-03-26

I saw the site, Skipper!  Quite nice, straightforward style.  Not coding-heavy, either.  (I found myself smiling that I’d already got many of your commercial-quality pieces before you set tags on them.  Fine work on all of them!)

Signature 

My dA gallery
For God’s sake!  Gallifrey Stands!

And God still reigns.

Posted: 04 May 2013 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11508
Joined  2007-11-06
skipper25 - 24 May 2012 06:55 AM

(Berth as in place to drop anchor!)  Glad we’re back.

In case you have not known, please be advised that my Buckingham Palace model has been uploaded to ShareCG for a week or so.

http://www.ShareCG.com/v/62075/view/5/3D-Model/Buckingham-Palace

It is in Poser format and is going great guns.  Although with care and attention it is possible to convert for D|S, it seems that some people have been having difficulty, so we are at work in order to produce a D|S-only upload too.  Sorry for the delay - RL keeps butting in.

...just noticed this the date on the OP, whoops.  The palace was still on Share CG last month where I DL’d it from (download date of 4.4.13. 

So will there still be a Daz version forthcoming (even for purchase?)  I’ve been able to load the model into Daz 4.5 from the Poser Runtime and it sets up fine though, as with most Poser content, I needed to tweak the shaders a bit.  I didn’t try the Daz option as outlined in the readme of installing to an external folder and importing into the application. Will give that a try to see if there is any difference.

Overall it is a beautiful model and already planning a scene around it.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 04 May 2013 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  82
Joined  2005-06-04

Skipper, any chance of making Buckingham Palace available again?

Posted: 05 May 2013 12:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

Yes, that is one of the many tasks awaiting me.  See the post from Kyoto Kid above.  It is possible to use the supplied model in D/S, but some folks find difficulty.

Currently, I have a model of Trafalgar Square that I want to complete and release on or about 1 June, but things keep getting in the way.

Signature 

Posted: 05 May 2013 03:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2007-12-07

Swooping in to pick up HIghclere .... smile

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 05 May 2013 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

Thank you Simon.  May it give you many many hours of pleasure.  Let us know your opinion of it.  BTW, I will be in Southampton again in January.

Signature 

Posted: 05 May 2013 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2007-12-07
skipper25 - 05 May 2013 07:51 AM

Thank you Simon.  May it give you many many hours of pleasure.  Let us know your opinion of it.  BTW, I will be in Southampton again in January.

Another naval debauch, er cruise? smile

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 05 May 2013 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1244
Joined  2004-08-24

Thanks for all the additions - there were a number of these I didn’t have from before smile

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 05 May 2013 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  82
Joined  2005-06-04

Skipper, will the Poser version of Buckingham Palace ever be available again?

Posted: 05 May 2013 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

Simon - you’ve got it.  LOL   I don’t know how long I can keep this up.
Lisa - you are very welcome.
Media Head - it is available right now.  See the website www.skippersmodels.co.uk   It is the DS version that is suspended, requiring a little attention from me.

Signature 

Posted: 07 May 2013 02:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11508
Joined  2007-11-06

...a pic of my little Leela and her two friends goofing off in front of the Palace in the not so far future.

Added a red brick texture to the parade grounds and area in front of the gates (after viewing a number of photos).  Looks good with Daz UE lights (Cloud9 set).

Image Attachments
the_girtls_take_London.jpg
 Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

6 of 16