4 of 16
Skipper’s Berth
Posted: 02 June 2012 09:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2293
Joined  2007-12-07
skipper25 - 02 June 2012 08:13 AM

Glad you like it folks.  Thanks for the kind comments.
SimonJM - LOL.  That was quick.

Sometimes I can react with the speed of a startled sloth ... wink

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 02 June 2012 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  367
Joined  2007-08-19

(Chuckle)  I see that you have promoted yourself, too.  What, no grand uniform?

Signature 

The perennial problem with democracies is that of choosing leaders.  It’s like picking teachers of sex education in schools - those who would be good at it don’t want to do it, while those who are keen would best be behind iron bars.

Posted: 02 June 2012 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2293
Joined  2007-12-07
skipper25 - 02 June 2012 10:49 AM

(Chuckle)  I see that you have promoted yourself, too.  What, no grand uniform?

I wish I looked that good ... but he does have a crown on! smile

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 03 June 2012 02:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

Our very good friend Music2U4U is again hosting his annual June Freebie Render Challenge which has lots of prizes, so get over there and take a look.  One small prize that I have made is this Saxon shield, based upon stuff found in 1939 in the Sutton Hoo treasure hoard. Following the usual custom it will not be made available to the general public until two or three months after the winner(s) of the competition get theirs.

The next major task to be undertaken is a revival of the shopping centre first issued a while ago and then withdrawn.  I will keep everyone informed about progress on this thread.

Image Attachments
Shield.jpg
 Signature 

The perennial problem with democracies is that of choosing leaders.  It’s like picking teachers of sex education in schools - those who would be good at it don’t want to do it, while those who are keen would best be behind iron bars.

Posted: 03 June 2012 04:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15302
Joined  2003-10-09

Oh Wow, that shield is cool.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 06 June 2012 05:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

For the benefit of those who did not see my original shopping mall, I show the general scheme below.  Eight blocks or rows of shops are to be arranged along two sides and on two levels, all facing inwards.  Nothing is to be changed here, the idea being that the roof, external walls and blocks of shops may be removed or rendered invisible as necessary in order to get in your cameras and lights.

In my Mark II, external parking, bus shelters and roads were included, but I believe this to have been a mistake; they will not be included this time around.  Nor will I include the bouncy castle on the ground floor.  This is available as a separate download if you want it.  Instead, I will include a “Husband Creche” where guys may watch football on TV and drink beer while their women and kids are shopping.  This will be much more to everyone’s liking.

Textures and so on are ready to be moved over from the old model, so (one hopes) this should not take too long to produce.

Image Attachments
General.jpg
External.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 06 June 2012 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1808
Joined  2005-06-08
skipper25 - 06 June 2012 05:34 AM

...Textures and so on are ready to be moved over from the old model, so (one hopes) this should not take too long to produce.

This is looking beautiful!  surprised

Is the previous version still available?

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 06 June 2012 09:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

You baffle me.  Are you saying that you want the version that includes carparks?:blank:

Signature 

Posted: 06 June 2012 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
skipper25 - 06 June 2012 09:08 AM

You baffle me.  Are you saying that you want the version that includes carparks?:blank:

Since the new version doesn’t (if I understood you correctly), then yes — might need ‘em sometime.  Which isn’t intended as a criticism of your decision not to include them in the new version!  It’s a just-in-case thing.

Signature 

~

Posted: 06 June 2012 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  672
Joined  2009-03-17

Do they really have “husband creches” in British malls, Skipper, or is that just something you and Beckham are pushing for?

Signature 

Posted: 06 June 2012 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1829
Joined  2006-02-17
skipper25 - 06 June 2012 09:08 AM

Absolutely.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 07 June 2012 01:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

No problem.  Here you go - http://www.ShareCG.com/v/62469/view/5/3D-Model/Shopping-Centre
That leaves me free to work on other stuff.
Dorsey, the husband creche is one of those jokes that has a sharp edge.  There are a few appearing around the country now and the one in my area exhibits a notice, “Is he dragging at your heels, whining and complaining?  Park him here while you go shopping.”  It raises a smile, like mother-in-law jokes, but if you dig deeper you can sense a growing masculine resentment of the greatly increased power of women over the last few decades.  Unless appeased, this will inevitably lead to considerable social unrest, not least increased divorce rates, violence against women and so on.  In that sense, the “husband creche” is a warning signal that should be heeded.

Signature 

Posted: 07 June 2012 05:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
skipper25 - 07 June 2012 01:53 AM

No problem.  Here you go - http://www.ShareCG.com/v/62469/view/5/3D-Model/Shopping-Centre

Thanks!  Looking forward to the new mall of course, but it’s good to have this too.

Signature 

~

Posted: 07 June 2012 06:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19
KickAir 8P - 07 June 2012 05:15 AM

Thanks!  Looking forward to the new mall of course, but it’s good to have this too.

Glad you like it.  There is little point in my continuing with a Mk III when it is mainly a smaller version of Mk II.  No - I have switched my attention to relaunching the model of Cromer pier.

Signature 

Posted: 07 June 2012 06:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
skipper25 - 07 June 2012 06:00 AM
KickAir 8P - 07 June 2012 05:15 AM

Glad you like it.  There is little point in my continuing with a Mk III when it is mainly a smaller version of Mk II.  No - I have switched my attention to relaunching the model of Cromer pier.

Sorry to hear that — I was looking forward to your new mall, your preview pic is nice!  But I’m sure the new Cromer pier’s gonna be great too.

Signature 

~

4 of 16