Digital Art Zone

10 of 16
Skipper’s Berth
Posted: 25 June 2013 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 136 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  368
Joined  2007-08-19

The freebie section is part of my site, http://www.skippersmodels.co.uk  I never wish to forget my roots among the freebie community and will wish ultimately to have twice as many freebies as paid-for.

Signature 

The perennial problem with democracies is that of choosing leaders.  It’s like picking teachers of sex education in schools - those who would be good at it don’t want to do it, while those who are keen would best be behind iron bars.

Posted: 25 June 2013 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 137 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2354
Joined  2007-12-07

Nice to see you back!  And thanks for using one of my renders in your scrolling thingy on the main page smile

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 25 June 2013 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 138 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

Hi Simon.  Nice to be back.  That scrolling thingy is fun, isn’t it?  I wasn’t sure at first whether to do it or not, but then I thought, “What the hell? Folks work for ages to produce these things and get no airing! They deserve better.”  Besides, it encourages others.

Signature 

The perennial problem with democracies is that of choosing leaders.  It’s like picking teachers of sex education in schools - those who would be good at it don’t want to do it, while those who are keen would best be behind iron bars.

Posted: 25 June 2013 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 139 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4697
Joined  2004-07-01
SimonJM - 25 June 2013 03:04 PM

Nice to see you back!  And thanks for using one of my renders in your scrolling thingy on the main page smile

same from me - all the best !

Posted: 26 June 2013 05:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 140 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  256
Joined  2011-06-25

I have just purchased your Highclere model and can’t wait to test it out! Unfortunately my pc is being fixed so will have to wait :p

Signature 

~ My Vendor DeviantArt account ~
~ My DeviantArt Stuff ~

Posted: 26 June 2013 06:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 141 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

Thank you.  Oh, what a shame and so very frustrating for you, Mishwash.  I hope everything is fixed very soon and that you let us know what you think of the model.  Perhaps you will also have downloaded some of the freebies.  Er - I’m puzzled.  How did you download Highclere if your comp’r is out of action?

Signature 

Posted: 27 June 2013 07:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 142 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  256
Joined  2011-06-25
skipper25 - 26 June 2013 06:25 AM

Thank you.  Oh, what a shame and so very frustrating for you, Mishwash.  I hope everything is fixed very soon and that you let us know what you think of the model.  Perhaps you will also have downloaded some of the freebies.  Er - I’m puzzled.  How did you download Highclere if your comp’r is out of action?

Lol, sorry for the confusion. I have my own custom pc and that is the one I do my 3D stuff on, I’m currently downloading via the puny family pc.
When I get mine back and test it out I’ll let you know how I get along with Highclere smile I’ve downloaded some of your freebies before, I have to say I love your library globe :D

Signature 

~ My Vendor DeviantArt account ~
~ My DeviantArt Stuff ~

Posted: 19 December 2013 04:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 143 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4697
Joined  2004-07-01

Yo mate - wanted to thank you for the free stuff

and wish you a Merry Christmas and hope the New Year is the best ever !

Posted: 19 December 2013 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 144 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  119
Joined  2003-12-23

Happy Holidays to you, Skipper! Stay safe my friend! smile

Signature 

= MY DAZ PRODUCTS =

Posted: 19 December 2013 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 145 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2003-10-09

Site closed?:ohh:

Posted: 19 December 2013 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 146 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-19

Some day, when I am not so busy, I will post the whole story of the website.  In the meantime, thanks for the greetings, everyone.  Currently I have a half-finished model of London’s Tower Bridge on the stocks, but heaven knows when - if ever - it will get finished, for on January 14 we slip out of Southampton on a voyage around the world. We are due back 9th May.  Bye!.....................................
Happy Xmas everyone.

Signature 

Posted: 19 December 2013 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 147 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15589
Joined  2003-10-09

Happy Christmas to you too Skipper, If I don’t get a chance to talk to you before then I do hope you enjoy your voyage.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 19 December 2013 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 148 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2354
Joined  2007-12-07

Timing - was about to send you an email to inquire after how you are!
In fact I will still do so and, hopefully, we can arrange to meet again before you set sail smile

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 19 December 2013 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 149 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5444
Joined  2005-04-16

Bon voyage and Happy Christmas to you, Skipper!

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 19 December 2013 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 150 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2676
Joined  2010-11-30
skipper25 - 19 December 2013 04:59 PM

Some day, when I am not so busy, I will post the whole story of the website.  In the meantime, thanks for the greetings, everyone.  Currently I have a half-finished model of London’s Tower Bridge on the stocks, but heaven knows when - if ever - it will get finished, for on January 14 we slip out of Southampton on a voyage around the world. We are due back 9th May.  Bye!.....................................
Happy Xmas everyone.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and enjoy your cruise!

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge, or the RRRR, or any of the other contests. I think Jaderail would have wanted that.

10 of 16