How can Zbrush be used with Daz?
Posted: 03 October 2013 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2834
Joined  2006-07-31
Ashfire45 - 03 October 2013 08:58 AM

I’ve tried deleting the GoZ manually from the Plug In folder

Personally I almost never delete plugins manually, I use uninstallers. There maybe some little piece somewhere that I might overlook.

As for version 0.0.0.0., it certainly doesn’t seem to be right.

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis
a way to transfer morphs to Genesis without Gen-X

Posted: 03 October 2013 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2010-03-01
Ashfire45 - 03 October 2013 08:50 AM

Ohh dear, I’m in for a rude awakening, aren’t I?

Not necessarily. It is a great program, but there will probably be some bumps on the road :D
Also don’t take my word for it, i just started using it a couple of months ago. It took a while, but i finally get the impression I can get it to do what i want (which basically means I’m starting to know the tools… In reality, Zbrush finally managed to make me do things the way IT wants :D )

Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Freebies @ sharecg
Deviant Art Gallery

Posted: 06 October 2013 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2009-08-17

Well, just to report; I managed to get Zbrush working, and have been playing around with it for a few days now. GOZ has worked almost flawlessly, save for some curious moments when it’ll only import a single article of clothing from my figure and not the full thing, but…Without much/any knowledge of Zbrush, I managed to create a gorgeous looking morph for the Selene hair, that involved the hair being splayed on the ground. It took me all but three, four minutes at the most. I’ve also used it to get clothes fitting my favourite (and heavily customized) Aiko 4 gal perfectly - even one of Genesis’ pieces, although that was in the standard T pose.

I’ve done all this with only the ‘Move’ and ‘smooth’ tool. So needless to say, I am just so over whelmed with Zbrush and how powerful but easy it is to use. It’s so intuitive that it has more common sense than -I- do, which has lead to some confusion..*Nervous laugh*

However, for the more experienced Zbrush user, I was wondering what to do about this dilemna. I have a pose with my character sitting with one leg crossed over the other. And it looks perfectly fine from the front, but I can see that the thigh’s cutting into the other thigh. I’d like to use Zbrush to create soft body physics; the only problem is that, because the legs are so close together, the skin is…melded into one, if you understand what I mean? If I use the Zbrush, it moves both thighs together.

Does anyone have any advice for that?

Posted: 18 October 2013 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2012-12-20
Ashfire45 - 06 October 2013 02:52 PM

Well, just to report; I managed to get Zbrush working, and have been playing around with it for a few days now. GOZ has worked almost flawlessly, save for some curious moments when it’ll only import a single article of clothing from my figure and not the full thing, but…Without much/any knowledge of Zbrush, I managed to create a gorgeous looking morph for the Selene hair, that involved the hair being splayed on the ground. It took me all but three, four minutes at the most. I’ve also used it to get clothes fitting my favourite (and heavily customized) Aiko 4 gal perfectly - even one of Genesis’ pieces, although that was in the standard T pose.

I’ve done all this with only the ‘Move’ and ‘smooth’ tool. So needless to say, I am just so over whelmed with Zbrush and how powerful but easy it is to use. It’s so intuitive that it has more common sense than -I- do, which has lead to some confusion..*Nervous laugh*

However, for the more experienced Zbrush user, I was wondering what to do about this dilemna. I have a pose with my character sitting with one leg crossed over the other. And it looks perfectly fine from the front, but I can see that the thigh’s cutting into the other thigh. I’d like to use Zbrush to create soft body physics; the only problem is that, because the legs are so close together, the skin is…melded into one, if you understand what I mean? If I use the Zbrush, it moves both thighs together.

Does anyone have any advice for that?

you might have got the answer bu now but if you dint, here is what you do.
you have a view the mesh in polyframe mode in zbrush turn it on if you see only one colour mesh,hit auto group with uv in the polygroups pallet.
now you should see different polygroups for both the legs ,still if you dont then you can manuallu select them “ctrl+shift"function and group them. now go to brush pallet and the select the brush you want and in the pallet see if auto-masking is on and set” by polygroups to 100” now yoy can move only one leg without affecting other,the first poly group you touch in a stroke will only be affected avoiding others

2 of 2