2 of 2
how tall is v4 ...
Posted: 02 October 2013 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1042
Joined  2003-12-16
AidanaWillowRaven - 01 October 2013 10:22 PM

And is there a formula for judging height for custom morph?

Stock V4 at 100% scale is 5’ 10.5” or 179.07 cm but I don;t know of any custom scale to measure.

Signature 

Gravy to potatoes, Luke to Darth Vader, I’m a souped up sucker and I’ll see you all later

Posted: 02 October 2013 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  421
Joined  2010-09-18

They always used to say she was five foot ten and a half inches.

Posted: 02 October 2013 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  916
Joined  2005-03-26

I just use a scale-measuring script I’ve had for years (don’t recall the writer) that gives any given mesh’s x, y, and z dimensions in any of about five different units to about eight decimal places.  5’ 10.5” sounds about right.

Both editions of S1M’s Behemoth are over 7’ tall, and their Raider alien pushes 8’.  Anime-styled beanpole Maybe is also 7’ or more.  A3 and H3 are more like 5’6”.  Both M3 and V3 are nearer 6’ tall.  I think.

Signature 

My dA gallery
For God’s sake!  Gallifrey Stands!

And God still reigns.

Posted: 02 October 2013 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  602
Joined  2004-12-14
Vaskania - 02 October 2013 10:39 AM

I think I read somewhere that earlier versions of Poser had V4 standing at like 5’8”, but after a Poser units change she turned into like 6’4. lol

My earlier post is where you probably read it.

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

Posted: 02 October 2013 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4689
Joined  2005-08-03
ssgbryan - 02 October 2013 01:21 PM
Vaskania - 02 October 2013 10:39 AM

I think I read somewhere that earlier versions of Poser had V4 standing at like 5’8”, but after a Poser units change she turned into like 6’4. lol

My earlier post is where you probably read it.

Not sure. It was on the older forums. I thought it came from Chris Creek. /shrugs

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis via DS only.
——————————-
Websleuths - Help bring the missing home and give names to those who don’t have them.

Posted: 02 October 2013 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  810
Joined  2009-06-14

Sorry I didn’t get a chance to do another reply before leaving for work this morning.

The Measure Wall is just fun to use.  I like visual answers to visual problems.  I always adjust height for characters and rarely use the default height so it really comes in handy.

I also found:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/41322/browse/11/Poser/Poser-dial-driven-measuring-tools

It says Poser-dial-driven-measuring-tools but works for Studio too.  It has the Metric system but also can display height in Feet and Inches and just Inches by itself.  I usually use the measure wall for height and this for everything else.  And no it isn’t mine or anyone I know.  I just found it while searching one day.  I’m not big on Freebies but I like this one.

And there is the Line UP:  http://www.daz3d.com/the-line-up

It doesn’t show fine measurements in the pics but I’m interested to see how it stacks up.  Again it looks fun.  I regularly place my characters side by side when creating them.  I usually want one either shorter or taller than another so I bring them both in and size accordingly.  I just see a few renders with Big Foot along side some others.

I wish I could wrap my head around the Metric system but alas it doesn’t seem so.  The measurements just don’t mean anything to me.  I wasn’t raised on them but I do calculations all the time at work but I mainly convert Liters to Gallons and Kilometers to Miles.  Or Lat/Longs to miles.

Posted: 02 October 2013 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1282
Joined  2010-03-15

Excellent links :D Thanks !!

whispers65 - 02 October 2013 05:32 PM

Sorry I didn’t get a chance to do another reply before leaving for work this morning.

The Measure Wall is just fun to use.  I like visual answers to visual problems.  I always adjust height for characters and rarely use the default height so it really comes in handy.

I also found:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/41322/browse/11/Poser/Poser-dial-driven-measuring-tools

It says Poser-dial-driven-measuring-tools but works for Studio too.  It has the Metric system but also can display height in Feet and Inches and just Inches by itself.  I usually use the measure wall for height and this for everything else.  And no it isn’t mine or anyone I know.  I just found it while searching one day.  I’m not big on Freebies but I like this one.

And there is the Line UP:  http://www.daz3d.com/the-line-up

It doesn’t show fine measurements in the pics but I’m interested to see how it stacks up.  Again it looks fun.  I regularly place my characters side by side when creating them.  I usually want one either shorter or taller than another so I bring them both in and size accordingly.  I just see a few renders with Big Foot along side some others.

I wish I could wrap my head around the Metric system but alas it doesn’t seem so.  The measurements just don’t mean anything to me.  I wasn’t raised on them but I do calculations all the time at work but I mainly convert Liters to Gallons and Kilometers to Miles.  Or Lat/Longs to miles.

Signature 

Aidana WillowRaven
website: http://WillowRaven.weebly.com ~ blog: http://willowraven-illustration.blogspot.com/
I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave.

Posted: 02 October 2013 11:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2008-02-21

according to the Universal Sizing Apparatus over at rosity she is 5’11’’ 36-27-36.  It’s a nifty tool for Gen 4 and Genesis female characters but last I knew it was having problems in Daz studio.  The problem with it in Daz is no DSON support (full CR2 support and Beta DUF support)

2 of 2