Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1773
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,

Jack Tomalin - 17 October 2013 12:27 AM
Kerya - 17 October 2013 12:10 AM

“This week is over, no more new releases

I’m confused.  You have until the end of the 17th to pick up items for Week 2.  Which ran for 7 days.  Week 3 has just started yesterday, which will run for a further 7 days.  The usual overlap will then apply so you can pick up any items from this weeks when Week 4 has started.

Being the compulsive ‘Reload’er that I am, I understand.  There was a brief moment not long after the DAZ-Midnight hour where the week three stuff was, indeed, saying that the week was over, no more new releases.  This was because there were zero releases for ‘today’ in its time, because they hadn’t been enabled yet.

They are now showing up Kerya, it’s okay.

I am loathe to be serious most of the time, but I am when I tell you: Don’t trust anything the store tells you between the hours of DAZ-Midnight and DAZ-Midnight:30 without LOTS of checking.  And if it seems wrong, or doesn’t make sense, it’s probably wrong.  It’s always in flux.  Or fluxed up.  Let it stabilize, and then check it out.  Don’t let it scare you… smile

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 17 October 2013 12:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 362 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1670
Joined  2012-09-16

Another one
http://www.daz3d.com/carnival-picnic-tables

Signature 

You’re welcome to visit my GALLERY
Need a review or looking for tips? Pay a visit HERE

Posted: 17 October 2013 01:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 363 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5873
Joined  2006-02-20

There are new items!
I am happy now!
*sitting on a seesaw* LOL
I really checked between yesterday and today. there was NOTHING for week 3 ... Oh my!
HAPPY!
*cotton candy happy*

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 17 October 2013 01:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 364 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2006-02-06
ryemac3 - 15 October 2013 08:11 AM
Ewokzombie - 15 October 2013 06:57 AM

I have to wonder why this is called the Platinum Club Sale anymore and not the Genesis/Genesis 2 Sale? All I’m seeing (with a very few exceptions) for figures, cloths and poses are things for Genesis only.

Look at todays (week 3 day 1) items, its all for Genesis with this Josie figure. I feel like I’m shopping at renderosity with the heavy influx of Dawn only stuff. A little variety would be nice guys or at least have poses that are for both Gen 4 and Gen 5.

I guess to be fair, they want to make it for stuff that everyone has. Everyone has a Genesis figure.That means that a lot of the stuff you get will work on both your male and female figures. Props and environments are great, because everyone can use those too. If you didn’t have V4 and the sale was 90% V4 stuff, you’d lose out.

I’d be willing to bet the Generation 4 figures are the ones that everyone has. Genesis, at least the base figure was only included in DAZ Studio 4 and I believe up to recently only useable in DS4. That leaves out everyone who prefers to use Poser.

Kerya - 15 October 2013 07:23 AM

Ewokzombie (sorry, I just had to write that nickname because it makes me grin):

From here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/29865/
Look through the thread and see for yourself what came up as PC releases - most of it until now was Props/Buildings and ok, two times shaders for DS (which I guess wouldn’t be your cup of tea either, if you don’t like Genesis you are probably a Poser only user).
There were only a few Genesis/Gen2Fem items.

Lol! Glad you liked the username.

Ok here is the breakdown.

-Week 1 had 35 items. 15 of them are Genesis/Genesis 2.

-Week 2 had 42 items, 16 of them are for Genesis/Genesis 2

-Week 3 so far has 23 items, 19 of them are for Genesis/Genesis 2. 

The poses for Ironstar and West Park are a bit disappointing since I was hoping for M4 poses for the Vanguard (kinda left us hanging on those with only the V4 ones) and up until now all the previous West Park poses were for V4/M4. 

By the way I have been a DAZ Studio user since DS2 although with DS 4, its likely I’ll start learning Poser 9 that I picked up a earlier this year. I mean seriously, you make a program that isnt backwards compatible with your own products? “Smart” content and I guess you can call them “Dumb” content that requires you to look through 2 (or more) different runtimes to find things. Thats a whole different issue though. 

I don’t know how many Poser users have the Genesis based figures but I do see several Poser only items sold here, the recent Toon Snail a perfect example. So why would this PC Sale have a large selection of figures, poses and clothing that requires Genesis? Like I said, add some freaking variety beyond Genesis, Genesis 2, the Gen 5 and Gen 6 line.

Posted: 17 October 2013 02:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 365 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1745
Joined  2012-04-14

As I suspected this week is turning out to be a bust for me. I’ve found 2 things to buy and one of them was a freebie.

Posted: 17 October 2013 03:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 366 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20
Ewokzombie - 17 October 2013 01:49 AM

I’d be willing to bet the Generation 4 figures are the ones that everyone has.

You would loose - honestly. Those that are members since a long time may have the Generation 4 figures. But there is a whole lot of “new” users that came into 3dgraphics with the free DS4Pro. Those don’t buy into “old” figures.

I have Poser since P5 and like it ... and believe me, it has it’s own problems with backwards compatibility ...

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 17 October 2013 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 367 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  433
Joined  2009-07-24

My head is spinning with this…

If you are a DAZ user Genesis and G2F are free and the most up to date figures.

If you are a Poser user nothing is free (I presume).

So why do we want Generation 4 products? I can understand where some Poser users would. Some DAZ users are still using pre Studio 4, so OK. But do you really expect PAs to stay stuck on Gen 4 as more and more customers move on to Gen 5 & 6?

Signature 

Someone please tell me what is so great about this century.

Posted: 17 October 2013 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 368 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  467
Joined  2004-04-05

I was shocked to see the big tent .99 it’s not a pc item, I think I’m gonna buy the base packs and poses and just work on the texture packs afterwards, I’m assuming I can at least use the base sets as a creepy setting, the pics just make them look very dark and abandoned, so I’ll definetely need the texture packs

Posted: 17 October 2013 06:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 369 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4793
Joined  2005-08-03
dkgoose - 17 October 2013 04:30 PM

I was shocked to see the big tent .99 it’s not a pc item, I think I’m gonna buy the base packs and poses and just work on the texture packs afterwards, I’m assuming I can at least use the base sets as a creepy setting, the pics just make them look very dark and abandoned, so I’ll definetely need the texture packs

That’s what I’m doing, sort of, other than today’s Cotton Candy for the carousel. I say sort of because I added the Carnival Presets to my cart and then added everything that it listed as ‘required’. At least that way I know I’ll have a complete-looking setup (and the game stuff to throw around the ground for a more abandoned feel).

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis via DS only.
Bulk convert V4/M4 mats for Genesis2

Posted: 17 October 2013 07:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 370 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5041
Joined  2012-04-07

Well I loaded up Josie with some stuff in the Runtime ... and while I may not be the expert on how to make or put together such figures ... I think she’s going to make a very nice “fairy tale princess” type of character.

And I’m ‘close’ to completing the 2nd tier ... yes ... I rather expect the servers will be a tad business when the clock turns the day over in Dazland. The 18th!

Signature 

Posted: 17 October 2013 08:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 371 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8665
Joined  2007-11-06
Ewokzombie - 17 October 2013 01:49 AM

I mean seriously, you make a program that isnt backwards compatible with your own products?

What are you referring to?  While some plugins haven’t been updated for DS4, older content still works.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 18 October 2013 12:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 372 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3236
Joined  2007-06-22

Just seen the Fantasy fighter in the store - I’m so glad I didn’t bother to push to Tier 2 and won’t bother from now on if that’s any indication of what they think is a good package compare to the starter and Pro bundles the mega prize is possible the shoes to go with the outfit.

Posted: 18 October 2013 12:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 373 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20

Well - I didn’t push to Tier 2 - in that week I just made it.
Luckily I don’t / didn’t have the Stephanie 5 Pro Bundle - I am getting new hair and dresses. smile

For those looking for links:
http://www.daz3d.com/week-2-tier-2-freebie

Signature 

Posted: 18 October 2013 12:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 374 ]
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2005-10-27

ok how do we claim our teir 2/week 2 rewards?

Will we get an email? I thought they to be unlocked today?

Posted: 18 October 2013 12:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 375 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1773
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,

ssynsurinn - 18 October 2013 12:41 AM

ok how do we claim our teir 2/week 2 rewards?

Will we get an email? I thought they to be unlocked today?

Go here: http://www.daz3d.com/pc-anniversary-sale-week-2

Scroll down and you’ll see coupon codes to claim your rewards.

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

25 of 44