The PC Anniversary Sale - Platinum Club Power Up
Posted: 02 October 2013 04:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  410
Joined  2005-11-06
Jack Tomalin - 02 October 2013 04:02 AM
Eva1 - 02 October 2013 03:51 AM
SimonJM - 02 October 2013 03:35 AM

Does the proress bar work for anyone?  I’ve bought nurses uniforms and the two freebies and it stil registers as 0 of 6 products

The progress bar for me looks like it’s increasing - but I’ve got the mega pack, West Park Ailments and just bought 3 PC items, so that’s 5 points, but it still says only 1 of 6 products - so it doesn’t look as though it’s updating properly, unless it’s just taking a bit of time…

What were the 3 other PC items.. the Mad Nurse ones?

There is some confusion over the mega-packs eligibility, so I’m waiting on clarification.

ParkSide Head, Parkside Head Interior, Quickening Decay for Parkside Head Interior.

Reading the main post of this thread would I be correct in thinking then that only some of the PC items qualify each week? I had initially thought points would apply to any PC item, but it seems not, they change everyday - is that correct?

Signature 

BEGINNERS TUTORIALS FOR BRYCE
MY DAZ 3d STORE  for Bryce & DAZ Studio Materials and Shaders
BRYCE ARENA News and resources for Bryce

Posted: 02 October 2013 04:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3263
Joined  0
Eva1 - 02 October 2013 04:11 AM
Jack Tomalin - 02 October 2013 04:02 AM

Does the proress bar work for anyone?  I’ve bought nurses uniforms and the two freebies and it stil registers as 0 of 6 products

The progress bar for me looks like it’s increasing - but I’ve got the mega pack, West Park Ailments and just bought 3 PC items, so that’s 5 points, but it still says only 1 of 6 products - so it doesn’t look as though it’s updating properly, unless it’s just taking a bit of time…

What were the 3 other PC items.. the Mad Nurse ones?

There is some confusion over the mega-packs eligibility, so I’m waiting on clarification.

ParkSide Head, Parkside Head Interior, Quickening Decay for Parkside Head Interior.

Reading the main post of this thread would I be correct in thinking then that only some of the PC items qualify each week? I had initially thought points would apply to any PC item, but it seems not, they change everyday - is that correct?

That’s correct, only the products listed on that promo page are eligible (so the 99c ones aren’t, sadly)

Signature 

Part of the Platinum Club admin team
Visit my DAZ store
Honorable member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 02 October 2013 04:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-11-06
Jack Tomalin - 02 October 2013 04:18 AM

That’s correct, only the products listed on that promo page are eligible (so the 99c ones aren’t, sadly)

Thanks very much Jack:)

Since I got the Mega Pack and WestPark ailments though, it should say 2 of 6 items right, not 1 of 6 items?

Signature 

Posted: 02 October 2013 04:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
Eva1 - 02 October 2013 04:35 AM

Since I got the Mega Pack and WestPark ailments though, it should say 2 of 6 items right, not 1 of 6 items?

It seems the mega-pack isn’t being counted, and there’s two different opinions depending on which banner ad you read.. I’ve asked DAZ to clarify and fix either one depending on the outcome smile

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 02 October 2013 04:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-11-06
Jack Tomalin - 02 October 2013 04:37 AM

It seems the mega-pack isn’t being counted, and there’s two different opinions depending on which banner ad you read.. I’ve asked DAZ to clarify and fix either one depending on the outcome smile

Okay, thanks very much for your help:)

Signature 

Posted: 02 October 2013 04:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
Eva1 - 02 October 2013 04:40 AM
Jack Tomalin - 02 October 2013 04:37 AM

Okay, thanks very much for your help:)

No problem, sorry for the confusion!

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 02 October 2013 04:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2013-09-01

I got no extra point after purchasing the pack either

Posted: 02 October 2013 04:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2263
Joined  2007-12-07

It’s now working for me - 3 of 6 products smile

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 02 October 2013 05:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13438
Joined  2003-10-09
belovedalia - 02 October 2013 04:06 AM

Bother, these kind of promotions really don’t encourage me to buy…. “buy a lot of cheap stuff you probably don’t need or want right now…but its cheap and you can get a mystery surprise! or discounts on things”  that never works for me. If I have money to buy all those things to get enough points, i’d rather put that towards a few products that I absolutely need to use. 

These can be fun games for people with extra funds who don’t mind paying extra to get to the “meat” of the sale/party, but sales like “buy one, get one free (and not from a list of a few things, that you may or may not already own) are a much better incentive for me.  Or last month, when everything was discounted.  if Daz was to have, say, “buy one, get one equal or lesser value” for Daz originals, for example, I’d totally be on that wagon.  or a solid 50% off Daz O’s. I’d be on that wagon too. Or “renew your membership, get a 50% off any cart of Daz O’s.  Things like that. 

Deals like “buy what we tell you to, every day, to get something mystery” doesn’t really appeal.  Nor do many of the coupons lately that say “spend at least $$$ to get coupon for $ off”. 

Last month was awesomeness.  Straight up sale prices, at least if you’re a PC member, slightly more costly to non pc members, and coupons off as well.  Last month was great, best sale of the year so far! Looking forward to more from the PC anniversary but I hope it’s not all dependent on buying PC items.  I get plenty of PC things, and I have several west park things, and i just bought a couple PC items last week. But i get them when i need them, and not a “pay this much to get a PC reward” which is basically what this type of event boils down to.

Still, watching with interest!

But the weekly rewards are listed, it’s only the multi-week mega reward(s) that are shrouded in mystery/Jack’s beard. And you get two points for the freebies, so you’d need to buy only four (out of seven) regular Platinum Club items, which you presumably often buy at least some of anway, to get the tier-one reward - and at least today there’s also a PA item that will get a point.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 02 October 2013 05:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1597
Joined  2012-09-16

I am feeling like a kid at Disney World! Look at all those $0.99 items and I love the mega pack, I didn’t had 50% of the items so I am happy and there was even some guy stuff in it *grins*
Gonna shop now!

Signature 

You’re welcome to visit my GALLERY
Need a review or looking for tips? Pay a visit HERE

Posted: 02 October 2013 06:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
Estroyer - 02 October 2013 05:18 AM

I am feeling like a kid at Disney World! Look at all those $0.99 items and I love the mega pack, I didn’t had 50% of the items so I am happy and there was even some guy stuff in it *grins*
Gonna shop now!

Glad to hear it smile

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 02 October 2013 06:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
Richard Haseltine - 02 October 2013 05:07 AM
belovedalia - 02 October 2013 04:06 AM

Bother, these kind of promotions really don’t encourage me to buy…. “buy a lot of cheap stuff you probably don’t need or want right now…but its cheap and you can get a mystery surprise! or discounts on things”  that never works for me. If I have money to buy all those things to get enough points, i’d rather put that towards a few products that I absolutely need to use. 

These can be fun games for people with extra funds who don’t mind paying extra to get to the “meat” of the sale/party, but sales like “buy one, get one free (and not from a list of a few things, that you may or may not already own) are a much better incentive for me.  Or last month, when everything was discounted.  if Daz was to have, say, “buy one, get one equal or lesser value” for Daz originals, for example, I’d totally be on that wagon.  or a solid 50% off Daz O’s. I’d be on that wagon too. Or “renew your membership, get a 50% off any cart of Daz O’s.  Things like that. 

Deals like “buy what we tell you to, every day, to get something mystery” doesn’t really appeal.  Nor do many of the coupons lately that say “spend at least $$$ to get coupon for $ off”. 

Last month was awesomeness.  Straight up sale prices, at least if you’re a PC member, slightly more costly to non pc members, and coupons off as well.  Last month was great, best sale of the year so far! Looking forward to more from the PC anniversary but I hope it’s not all dependent on buying PC items.  I get plenty of PC things, and I have several west park things, and i just bought a couple PC items last week. But i get them when i need them, and not a “pay this much to get a PC reward” which is basically what this type of event boils down to.

Still, watching with interest!

But the weekly rewards are listed, it’s only the multi-week mega reward(s) that are shrouded in mystery/Jack’s beard. And you get two points for the freebies, so you’d need to buy only four (out of seven) regular Platinum Club items, which you presumably often buy at least some of anway, to get the tier-one reward - and at least today there’s also a PA item that will get a point.

lol.. I was more stuff was shrouded in my beard!

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 02 October 2013 06:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2004-09-21

So far my progress bar is not working.  I bought one of the nurses and got the PC freebie and my bar still says 0 of 6. I am using Chrome

Signature 

Master the Muse - Journeys into Creativity
http://www.masterthemuse.com/

Posted: 02 October 2013 06:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1573
Joined  2005-02-25

I just mean that I prefer more freedom in sales for options.  I am having a great deal of fun browsing the parkside things I don’t have yet… but I am more interested in those older PC items (some of those parkside ones, i must have missed, there’s several i don’t remember seeing before).  Too bad there’s no points for buying older items! but being on sale as they are I can see why they wouldn’t count…. still.  Open range browsing suits me way more. smile

Posted: 02 October 2013 06:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2789
Joined  2006-07-31

If Megapack is giving a point, it doesn’t give it to me -_- I’ve bought one of Nurses outfits (Genesis), Ailments and Mega-pack but only got 1 point out of it.

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis
a way to transfer morphs to Genesis without Gen-X

3 of 44