Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
The old forums are all gone??? ARE YOU KIDDING????
Posted: 27 June 2012 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2010-06-28

Hi there,

DAZ has opened new forums. OK.

But it seams that all the old forums and all the old discussions are just gone!

Today I tried to find some DAZ related information via Google. One of the best sources where the DAZ forums and so it seamed this time also since I got plenty of hits in DAZ forums. But they where all in the old forums discussions—so what I got at Google where just shadows of the past. When I clicked I got just some cryptic shit that DAZ displays there instead!

So, I am not current what was discussed in behalf of that—but   “ARE YOU KIDDING???”

If the threads are not restored, than the whole community has lost plenty, plenty of information that helped me many times and also others I think.

When I also see, how <Irony on>good<Irony off> the DAZ documentation is, than I can also say, that if these old threads are not restored somehow wonderously soon, the whole DAZ software looses much of its value, since it will be impossible to use it!

I am really pissed!

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING DAZ???—- SHOOTING AND LOOTING THE SHOP SYSTEM (WHICH IS STILL FAR OF BEING USABLE, TODAY I LOST MUCH TIME BECAUSE OF THE CORRUPTED SHOPPING CART!) AND IN THE SAME TIME ALSO THE FORUMS!!

ARE YOU REALLY WANTING TO MAKE SUICIDE? How can anybody in one stroke kill off such once good thing???

(Sorry about the upper case—- I am just so pissed!)

Posted: 27 June 2012 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  250
Joined  2005-10-16

They are here:
http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/

Signature 

Gone.

Posted: 27 June 2012 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-10-16

if you find something that links from Google search…just change the beginning to what it says above “/forumarchive.daz3d.com/”

Signature 

Gone.

Posted: 27 June 2012 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-06-28
jmper - 27 June 2012 04:56 PM

if you find something that links from Google search…just change the beginning to what it says above “/forumarchive.daz3d.com/”

Thanks!

That helps. But I still can’t imagine, how anybody could do some thing like that. To have the old threads on an archive system is a remedy, but why not forward the old links to the new system instead of displaying shit like that:

{lang:welcome}
{lang
:memberlist} 

No, this is would be no rocket-science. I know many websites that managed such changes and installing such forwarding mechanics just without troubles. It is plain standard web-technology—- Ok, you must be a professional to do it, though.

Posted: 27 June 2012 05:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-10-16

Meh, it’s a work around. grin

Signature 

Gone.

Posted: 27 June 2012 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7535
Joined  2004-07-21

eep.  there should be a sticky or something on where the old forum is.  eep.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Posted: 27 June 2012 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-10-16
Miss Bad Wolf - 27 June 2012 05:15 PM

LoL, there is http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewannounce/82_4/ called “FAQ for the new DAZ 3D Forums:”

I guess called “FAQ for the new and old DAZ 3D Forums:” may help

Signature 

Gone.

Posted: 27 June 2012 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7535
Joined  2004-07-21
jmper - 27 June 2012 05:19 PM

LoL, there is http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewannounce/82_4/ called “FAQ for the new DAZ 3D Forums:”

How can they encourage people to read it? Maybe that will solve some of the problem with people yelling.  Or maybe they can do some kind of modification that prevents people from yelling in the forums?

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Posted: 27 June 2012 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-10-16

Font...getting...smaller...whisper.
grin

Signature 

Gone.

Posted: 27 June 2012 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-06-28
Miss Bad Wolf - 27 June 2012 05:23 PM

How can they encourage people to read it? Maybe that will solve some of the problem with people yelling.  Or maybe they can do some kind of modification that prevents people from yelling in the forums?

Maybe by just putting all forums into the archive—read only.

Or (just a guess) stopping to shoot them self and their customers into the foot.

Posted: 27 June 2012 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  330
Joined  2011-01-22
ThePatrick - 27 June 2012 05:07 PM

I know many websites that managed such changes and installing such forwarding mechanics just without troubles. It is plain standard web-technology—- Ok, you must be a professional to do it, though.

There is nothing ‘typical’ about Daz’s site update.  If anything, at least you can give them that.

It’s been pretty much a rollercoaster ride through jagged cliffs.

Posted: 27 June 2012 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1829
Joined  2006-02-17

Lock the forums until the member READS the announcements.  Maybe make everyone take a quiz before unlocking the forums.  Until the base questions can be answered correctly, no access.  (It wouldn’t bother me.  I’ve actually read the TOS and Announcements.)  People won’t do what they are supposed to until forced.  Until then they’ll skimp on the effort and get someone else to do it for them.  Basic internetter bahaviour.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 27 June 2012 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  322
Joined  2003-10-09

*checks feet*  Nope.. all good here!  LOL

Signature 

“Own the day”
Live, Love, Laugh, Dream, Believe  

Posted: 28 June 2012 02:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2007-06-22
Kendall Sears - 27 June 2012 07:58 PM

Lock the forums until the member READS the announcements.  Maybe make everyone take a quiz before unlocking the forums.  Until the base questions can be answered correctly, no access.  (It wouldn’t bother me.  I’ve actually read the TOS and Announcements.)  People won’t do what they are supposed to until forced.  Until then they’ll skimp on the effort and get someone else to do it for them.  Basic internetter bahaviour.

Kendall

Wow that comes across as arrogant and self righteous, how would these forums survive without you.

You might be surprised to find you are not the only one who reads things.

Posted: 28 June 2012 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1829
Joined  2006-02-17
scorpio64dragon - 28 June 2012 02:29 AM
Kendall Sears - 27 June 2012 07:58 PM

Kendall

Wow that comes across as arrogant and self righteous, how would these forums survive without you.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hyperbole

I wouldn’t be surprised at all.  And they’d survive just fine, thank you.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 28 June 2012 09:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  936
Joined  2005-03-26
Kendall Sears - 28 June 2012 06:29 AM
scorpio64dragon - 28 June 2012 02:29 AM

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hyperbole

I wouldn’t be surprised at all.  And they’d survive just fine, thank you.

Kendall

You mean there’s two of us who read things?  Pleased to meet you!
(Okay, I DO do quite a bit of reading, but the Fora TOS?  Skim for changes.  Oh, no “nudity” taggability now.  Huh.)

Signature 

My dA gallery
For God’s sake!  Gallifrey Stands!

And God still reigns.

1 of 2