New Update, DAZ 3D Install Manager 184.108.40.206, Now Available!
DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the next public version of the DAZ 3D Install Manager - version 220.127.116.11!
What is new in this version?
The 18.104.22.168 version is a maintenance release and fixes or makes improvements to several issues discovered since the 22.214.171.124 General Release. More detail on specific fixes/changes/improvements can be found in the Change Log, which can be viewed online within the Documentation Center portion of our site. All new downloads of DAZ 3D Install Manager will be of this version.
1) Fixed #IM-61: Files that have been renamed or moved during a software/plugin update are now handled correctly; some files that should be renamed or moved by an update were being orphaned during updates to packages that install like software and/or plugins (to include content packages that install like plugins, i.e. Carrara, etc).
2) Fixed #IM-64: The ability to create an account in "Work Offline" mode, has been restored; this regression bug affected installations on computers that were not connected to the internet at the time that the attempt to create an account occurred.
3) Fixed the enabled state of the “Show Order…” menu item; enabled state is now based on having a valid order number
4) Fixed a bug with Carrara native content installation on Mac; native content should install in the Carrara.app folder within the mapped application folder, not in the application folder itself as on Windows.
5) Fixed a bug with Carrara plugins installing to a Carrara.app folder nested within the Carrara.app folder on Mac.
6) Improved the first use experience by collapsing initial account creation into the account dialog; account button/drop-down and label are replaced by an email text field and label on first use; uses a default name for the account.
7) Made tweaks to the parsing of Advanced Filtering in the Filter Field to be more dynamic.
8) Tweaked the “Package Files…” and “Installed Files…” menu item labeling; added a “Show” prefix to clarify purpose (i.e. show package contents vs. create a package).
9) Updated the CMS client; improves communication between the application and the CMS server; a CMS server update that improves stability is still pending.
10) Includes the initial framework for retrieving serial numbers from the store and passing them to installer packages; requires an active connection; requires support in package manifests.
11) The first part of the account email (before the @) is now provided to new DAZ Studio installations; used by recent DAZ Studio builds to auto-fill authorship name (affects file saving); reduces the number of required pages in the startup wizard on new installations of DAZ Studio
How do I get the latest version?
If you have previously installed the Install Manager application and the computer it is installed on is connected to the internet, you can simply launch the application and log into your account. Once connected, you will be notified that an update has been detected and you will be prompted to "Update" or "Work Offline". Click the "Update" button and the application will take care of the rest.
Optionally, you can locate, download and install the application from the Product Library [once you are logged into your account] by entering "Install Manager" into the text field near the top left of the page and clicking the "Filter" button, or by clicking here for Windows users, or here for Mac users.
If this is your first time downloading and/or installing Install Manager, simply follow this link, click the "download free now" button on the page and then run the downloaded installer.
*Note: If you are on a computer running the Windows operating system, you have an nVidia based graphics card installed along with another non nVidia graphics card (e.g. an Ivy bridge CPU), you have a recent graphics driver installed and you experience a crash during the uninstaller phase of the update... it is recommended that you download the installer from the Product Library (see above) and run it manually.
Is there any documentation?
Yes, documentation is located here. Clicking the "Help" button in the top right corner of the application main window will launch your [default] browser to the same location.