DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the next General Release version of the DAZ Studio Pro - version 18.104.22.168!
What is new in this version? Do I need to update my copy?
The 22.214.171.124 version resolves several issues and implements many improvements since the 126.96.36.199 General Release. More detail on specific fixes/changes/improvements can be found in the Change Log, which can be viewed online within the Documentation Center portion of our site. All new downloads of the DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro product (SKU: 13176) will be of this version.
1) Implemented the concept of a Rigid Follow Node; an Instance derived node whose purpose is to maintain a proportional relationship with specified polygons of a target mesh. Tools for creating a node and establishing reference geometry can be found in the context menu of the Polygon Group Editor viewport tool.
2) Fixed UV interpolation in the viewport to match/respect the Edge Interpolation of the object; what you see in the viewport now more closely matches what will be rendered.
3) The Property Editor pane has been replaced by the Property Hierarchy pane (for what used to be available on the right side) and an Edit Mode on the Parameters pane (for what used to be available on the left side), and the Property Editor plugin has been removed from the distribution footprint.
4) Added Advanced Filtering support in the filter field of the Parameters, Shaping, Posing, Lights, Cameras and Surfaces panes; ala Install Manager Advanced Filtering - currently limited to Syntax Selector, Syntax Modifier and Query Pattern elements of an expression - Scope is currently limited to property labels.
5) Re-factored the Scene Info pane to better reflect the actual geometry composition of the scene.
6) Fixed FBX import of a node hierarchy, each with geometry; would sometimes be missing geometry.
7) Updated OpenSubdiv support to 2.0.1
8) Updated the 3Delight render engine to 10.0.170; see 3Delight Change Log for more details.
9) Updated selection highlighting to indicate the node that is causing the selection. Viewport selection now uses the Accent Color of a given UI Style as the highlight color and the Link Color of a given UI Style as the alternate highlight color. Nodes that promote selection now highlight using the alternate highlight color.
10) Significant improvements to viewport display of the Smooth Shaded and Texture Shaded DrawStyles; added a User Interface Preference for enabling/disabling Per Pixel Lighting. These DrawStyle improvements implement per-pixel lighting, rather than the vertex lighting used in earlier versions, with improved specular, reflections and gamma correction; bump and normal map support has been added but is currently disabled due to speed concerns - this will be re-enabled once VBO support for them has been added. Viewport display of the default distant, spot and point lights now match 3Delight results much more closely. These improvements are hardware dependent.
11) Numerous improvements to content creation tools; see the change log for details.
12) Added support for allowing a BETA build to co-exist with the General Release of the same major version.
13) Added support for “Projection Morphs”; used to override the shape of a specific morph with an alternate shape for the purpose of auto-generated morph projections.
14) Added support for arbitrary node selection helpers; parented props can now be set [within Joint Editor Tool Settings] to promote viewport selection to their parent node; allows for “handles” to be made from any object in the scene, including instances.
15) Added an “Open Recent” submenu to the File menu; lists recently opened/saved scene files. The menus need to be rebuilt for this option to appear; applying a default layout, or importing the Default Advanced menus will cause menus to be rebuilt.
16) Added a “Display Separate Items” action to the Parameters, Posing and Shaping pane option menus. These actions toggle whether the display of property groups in the pane are separated according to the items in the scene or consolidated into a single hierarchy.
17) Added a “Display Followers” action to the Parameters, Posing and Shaping pane option menus. These actions provide the ability to see the properties of followers (i.e. clothing, hair, etc) in the Parameters, Posing and Shaping panes when the host figure is selected.
18) Fixes/workarounds to various GoZ plugin issues; saving of morph assets; spaces and/or special characters in scene item labels causing creation of subtools to halt.
19) Added an alternate image option for the splash/about screen
Has the Genesis Starter Essentials, or the Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials, content packages been updated too?
No, the Genesis Starter Essentials content has NOT been updated. But YES, the Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials content that is provided with the product HAS been updated.
How do I get the latest version?
If you have previously added the DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro product to your account, launch Install Manager, log into your account and type “DAZ Studio 4.6” into the filter field to filter out anything else. Then simply download and install as you would normally.
Optionally, you can locate, download and install DAZ Studio Pro from the Product Library [once you are logged into your account] by entering “DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro” into the text field near the top left of the page and clicking the “Filter” button, or by clicking here. Then, simply click the green “download & install” button to launch Install Manager with an appropriate filter or click the blue “download” button to download the standalone installer.
If this is your first time downloading DAZ Studio Pro, simply follow this link, click the “Add to Cart” button on the page and then follow the checkout process.
*Note: This General Release version is available through Install Manager as well as a standalone installer.
Can I have the General Release and the BETA installed at the same time?
Yes! You can now have both the General Release and a Public Beta (as well as a Private Beta, for those involved in that endeavor), of the same major version, installed at the same time. Please be aware that the settings for each of the builds are now stored independent of each other. This includes mapped content directories, layout, style and style colors, among many others.
What about the plugins I have?
The DAZ Studio 4.5 SDK has not changed in any way that causes it to be binary incompatible with the current release, which means that any plugins created for a previous version of DAZ Studio 4.5 (i.e. 188.8.131.52+) should continue to load and function in this version. That said, as with any new release, there is always the possibility that a plugin has had bugs fixed or features added, so the latest versions should be downloaded and installed if they are provided.
Some plugins that are currently built/produced by DAZ 3D will provide a separate package that is specifically intended for use with this General Release; these packages will not contain “Public Build” in the package name, as that moniker is used for pre-release builds. 3rd party plugins that DAZ 3D creates install packages for will be updated to allow simultaneous installation into the General Release and the pre-release builds. These packages will display as “Product Updates” within Install Manager once they have been updated.
Is there any documentation?
Yes, some documentation is located here.