Welcome to the 6th annual MONSTER MASH HALLOWEEN BASH!
WELCOME ALL TO THE BASH!
Each year, we here at the challenge, have schedules monthly theme events. This years MMHB theme will be the same as always...MONSTERS AND MUSIC. In your entry, you must have at least one monster, or person in costume, and one musical instrument or music player of sorts.
1. A minimum of 10 freebies.
2. A maximum of 3 purchased items. (you may use paid plugins towards your commercial count.)
3. Base figures (All Gen 2, 3, 4 and Genesis1 and 2) don’t count as a purchased item or a freebie and may be used as needed.
4. No postwork. This rule WILL NOT CHANGE SO DON’T ASK! (except for signatures and borders)
5. Bryce, Hexagon, Blender, Poser and Daz are allowed for the contest. Items given free with these Apps will not count towards the freebie count as they will not be available for all users, but can be used as non countable items. 3rd party Poser figures need clarification as they can normally only be used within poser and are essentially paid for items as Poser is a paid for app.
6. Morphs will count toward a purchased item.
7. For an item to be considered free it must be offered as a freebie for the whole of the month. The exception to this rule is all Daz weekly freebies will be allowed throughout the entire month in which they are free. All permanent Daz freebies will be allowed at any time.
8. All links to freebies must work, and all freebies must be clearly and completely seen, not obstructed or hidden in any way from clear total viewing, no water reflections, or reflections that bend the freebie or distort it from it’s original form allowed without the freebie being seen above or outside the reflection itself as a stand alone, the freebie must be seen without having to enlarge the render to see it in any way, no items put against something the same color or texture making it blend into the other item. You may not link to items that specifically ask you not to link to them.
9. This is a family challenge for all ages, so there will be NO NUDIY OR
SEXUALLY EXPLICIT OR EXTREMELY VIOLENT SITUATIONS ALLOWED WHATSOEVER.
10. All the rules above will be enforced. If you do not understand any of them, please pm me or ask in the current challenge thread.DO NOT ASK FOR SPECIAL FAVORS AS THIS CONTEST MUST BE FAIR FOR ALL. Rich or poor, new computers or old, all will be treated equally. Newbies will be given as much help as we can offer.
11. You may enter as many renders as you like each month, as long as they qualify.
12. You may post any renders you like without freebies or paid fors, these will be called NAEs, so please list them as such. They will not be considered entries.
13. Having fun is a must. Play hard, but please do not hurt anyone. The Daz team and/or MOD has the right to edit or remove any inappropriate comments they wish to. This will not change.
14. If you are going to be a judge, you must come into the challenge throughout the month, at least once every day or two. You can not just disappear. If you can not be here, do not ask to be a judge. You must also make comments on the entries as to give help to any newbies. You will be required to choose three winners and two honorable mentions for the month you judge. All judges chosen are allowed to enter the contest, but they may not vote for themselves.
15. Mini contests, within the main contest, are allowed at any time the host chooses. Prizes for them will be given seperately from the main challenge. A mini contest can ONLY be done by the host of the month at the time.
16. You may use as many freebies from “community” sites. These are sites that feature free items from various authors, like Sharecg.com or Renderosity.com. You may NOT repeat a link to a third party site “exactly” once used in the entry, You can, however, use the same third party site link as long as it goes to a different page. Most-digital-creations.com is an example of this.
17. You may edit your entry a maximum of three times. This will include adding or removing of items, change of color or texture, lighting issues, poses, poke throughs. You MUST re-enter the render leaving the original also posted. You also must state what you edited and tell the post that you have re-entered the render for updateing. YOU MAY NOT COMPLETELY REPLACE YOUR ENTRY WITH ANOTHER ONE OF A DIFFERENT TYPE. It must retain the original scene setting and characters. You may CHANGE a characters appearance, but not the overall character. It must stay. You may add or take away what else you like or don’t like, just remember….it’s your entry. Any freebies added, must be added to the links and must be working for folks to get.
We will start at 1ST of the month - 00.01 DAZ time, and end 30 or 31 of each month - 23.59 Daz time.
There will be three judges chosen by the host of the month and donations will be accepted by any who offer them as long as they do not violate the Daz TOS.
Those are the rules. If you have any questions about a certain month, please pm the host or me for help.
Good luck to all and thanks for playing nice.
To all who may be interested in seeing what we do with this challenge, here is a link to the main gallery. It houses all the submissions for each month. This will give you an idea of what to enter. The theme changes each month along with a new host. Come see this, you won’t be disappointed.
As of February 2013, Daz will once again be our sponcer. They will award the three top winners of the challenge with prizes. They will go like this:
1st place will receive a $15.00 Gift Certificate (GC) to the Daz store.
2nd place will receive a $12.00 Gift Certificate (GC) to the Daz store.
3rd place will receive an $8.00 Gift Certificate (GC) to the Daz store.
Also Jaderail will be giving his donations.
I will be donating copy of my "Gothic Express" hot rod hurst to the winner this year. And also My "Gates To Hell" to all the winners
Would love to see someone donate an entry gift for this year, but you will have to handle giving it out yourself to each who enter.
There MAY BE A MINI CHALLENGE OR TWO THIS YEAR. so keep your eyes open for it. And as always...SOMEONE WILL GET THE ROCK THIS YEAR while trick or treating.
ALL WINNERS MUST SEND ME THE EMAIL ADDRESS, THEY USED TO REGISTER HERE AT THE DAZ SITE, WITHIN ONE WEEK FROM THE DAY THE WINNERS ARE ANNOUNCED TO RECEIVE THEIR GCs. IF NOT, THEY WILL FORFEIT THEIR WINNINGS.