Digital Art Zone

7 of 15
So… any news on Michael 6?
Posted: 17 October 2013 08:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  725
Joined  2005-12-12
Estroyer - 16 October 2013 03:23 PM

DAZ is waaay too silent on this one if you ask me ;)
With the addition of Josie, the female/male gap has come to a point now that it’s getting way too obvious.
I am so certain of M6’s realease as the great mega prize for PC members, that I haven’t even bought some of the awesome male characters from Raiya that are on flash sale now.
Some are in the David bundle as well that I hope to get at the end of this week.
But as I have very little $$ to spare and the Josie figure is just too much a chunk out of my budget, I am crossing my fingers for some stuff this week that it more usefull for my runtime right now and a bit more affordable.
So far I have one point for this week, ouch.

I think you’re way too optimistic, I would be surprised if M6 ended up being released this year.
But, of course, I wouldn’t mind being wrong about this.

Posted: 17 October 2013 08:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1073
Joined  2004-06-13

I don’t see DAZ changing there position on a Poser native weight mapped / rigged Genesis or Genesis 2, not going to happen.

Signature 

Push buttons, see what happens!

Posted: 17 October 2013 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  433
Joined  2009-07-24
jestmart - 17 October 2013 08:43 AM

I don’t see DAZ changing there position on a Poser native weight mapped / rigged Genesis or Genesis 2, not going to happen.

I agree. Why would DAZ want the headache of dual releases of morphs, clothing, textures, poses etc. Customer service would go bonkers with refunds.

Signature 

Someone please tell me what is so great about this century.

Posted: 19 October 2013 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2003-10-09
Dino Gramps - 17 October 2013 10:25 AM
jestmart - 17 October 2013 08:43 AM

I agree. Why would DAZ want the headache of dual releases of morphs, clothing, textures, poses etc. Customer service would go bonkers with refunds.

don’t call it michael and no one would get confused.

daz customer service seem to manage quite well dealing with 6 version of victoria, 5 michaels, 4 aikos, 3 of hiros, 2 davids, 3 girls, 2 freaks, 3 versions of children and a multitude of monsters, so i’m sure they wouldn’t notice a few more hers and hims.

why would daz want to make poser native figures - money usually
but daz are doing quite well with the genesoid range so probably wouldn’t need to do poser specific figures again

Posted: 19 October 2013 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  679
Joined  2010-03-13
adzan - 19 October 2013 12:25 PM

... don’t call it michael and no one would get confused. ...

DAZ Studio customers will get confused, as you’ll then see e.g. “Michael 6” clothing products as Poser version only and in this case there isn’t an easy route for a DAZ Studio customer to make them working in DAZ Studio, as the Poser weight mapped CR2’s aren’t compatible. I grew really tired of the “Not tested in DAZ Studio” tune with Gen4 characters especially, I don’t want to see this on a worse scale with regards to “Michael 6”. One reason why I stay away from Dawn.

Posted: 19 October 2013 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10751
Joined  2007-11-06
RAMWolff - 16 October 2013 08:52 PM
Slosh - 30 September 2013 03:08 PM
Kyoto Kid - 30 September 2013 02:54 PM
Slosh - 30 September 2013 02:45 PM

Well, then you guys are going to be really upset when you see Gladys in November.  Been working on some texture sets for her, as well as a pose set.

...does she come with a pink bathrobe, foofy slippers, cup of tea, curlers, a ciggie, a box of chockies, a copy of the Daily Mirror and have poses for sitting on the sofa and watching the telly?  If so, I’d get her.

How did you know?  Someone’s been leaking again

there are sanitary napkins for that ya know !!! raspberry

red face

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 19 October 2013 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2003-10-09
Renpatsu - 19 October 2013 12:34 PM

DAZ Studio customers will get confused, as you’ll then see e.g. “Michael 6” clothing products as Poser version only and in this case there isn’t an easy route for a DAZ Studio customer to make them working in DAZ Studio, as the Poser weight mapped CR2’s aren’t compatible. I grew really tired of the “Not tested in DAZ Studio” tune with Gen4 characters especially, I don’t want to see this on a worse scale with regards to “Michael 6”. One reason why I stay away from Dawn.

the programs are already moving in very opposite directions.
daz studio features are updated at an extremely fast pace and the dson poser importer already can’t handle many of the daz specific features, the dson importer also isn’t the preferred option for many poser users.
a separate line of figures for each software may well end up being the outcome of daz’s success with studio and genesis.
I’m not saying daz has to make the alternative poser figures.

I also don’t think the split will necessarily be a bad thing.

Posted: 19 October 2013 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4464
Joined  2004-08-11

Not bad but sad to me.  I hate the split, hate it hate it hate it!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 19 October 2013 02:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2003-10-09
esther - 17 October 2013 07:28 AM

my guess is they are working on a figure that will be poser compatible as well, much like there is a daz studio version of dawn and a poser version.  And that is why M6 is taking so long to be released.
Love esther

Did they do a Poser native version of V6?  There’s no way Micheal’s going to get something Victoria didn’t get, the male figures get scrap leftovers at best. I think it’s safe to say Daz will no longer be making their key figures outside the Genesis/Daz Studio arena. I’ve adapted, I wish there was a script that would remove all the full body morphs in genesis that are set to 0 once I have a character made though so it wouldn’t be as memory intensive. I also wish I could grasp DazStudio, it’s the most NOT DESIGNED THE WAY I THINK software I’ve ever encountered, I literally want to commit suicide everytime I have to touch it, it’s so FRUSTRATING. It takes me WEEKS to do something with DazStudio that’ll take me 3 minutes to do with Poser.  :(

AND A HUGE THANK YOU TO DAZ FOR SUPPORTING THE DSON AND POSER MATERIALS FOR POSER. That’s looking out for your legacy customers (that’s what I think of Poser users today, we’re “legacy users.”)

Posted: 19 October 2013 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4464
Joined  2004-08-11

That’s not altogether true about the male vs female meshes.  V4 got released first but by the time that M4 was released there were many many improvements to the Gen 4 bases and that’s why we got a big update to V4 at the time.  Male meshes get scraps in the way of support but often times, in the 10 years I’ve been doing this, I see that the male meshes get allot of the improvements. 

So what ever improvements DAZ can inject into Genesis 02 Male will be greatly appreciated by all.  I’m hoping they continue to improve the weight mapping. 

Not to bring the competition into this but one thing I’ve noticed and LOVE about Dawn’s weight mapping is that it doesn’t overly deform morphs when they are applied.  Genesis 01 is horrible in this area.  My BrunoD morphs for Dawn are every bit as good, if not better than the ones I made for Genesis but the over the head poses don’t deform BrunoD’s shoulders but they HORRIBLY deform Genesis 01 shoulders when certain poses are applied! 

Telling an artist that they need to spend inordinate amounts of time making correction morphs to compensate for how the weight mapping affects the morphs is ludicrous.  Hivewire found a really nice balance with Dawn in this way and makes me realize my meanderings about improving weight mapping to keep the morphs from going all wonky when applying poses IS possible after all!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 19 October 2013 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2003-10-09
RAMWolff - 19 October 2013 03:32 PM

That’s not altogether true about the male vs female meshes.  V4 got released first but by the time that M4 was released there were many many improvements to the Gen 4 bases and that’s why we got a big update to V4 at the time.

It took them so long to release M4, that V4 was practically V5….  raspberry Makes you wonder if they’ll release V7 before M6….. >_<

Posted: 19 October 2013 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15293
Joined  2003-10-09

No,  K4 came well before Genesis, and K4 came after M4.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 19 October 2013 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4792
Joined  2008-03-06
adzan - 19 October 2013 01:23 PM
Renpatsu - 19 October 2013 12:34 PM

the programs are already moving in very opposite directions.
daz studio features are updated at an extremely fast pace and the dson poser importer already can’t handle many of the daz specific features, the dson importer also isn’t the preferred option for many poser users.
a separate line of figures for each software may well end up being the outcome of daz’s success with studio and genesis.
I’m not saying daz has to make the alternative poser figures.

I also don’t think the split will necessarily be a bad thing.

It’s inevitable, to my way of thinking.  DAZ Studio is updated much faster than Poser is, and there is going to come a point where it’s simply not possible to translate DS-native products over to Poser with something like DSON.  It’s far from a perfect solution as it is.  This is why I ended up dropping Poser support.  It got to a point where I was ready to make more advanced products, and that requires a dedicated solution for each program, and there was no way I could afford to spend the time on every product to do a Poser-native version as well as a DS one.  Everything dual-platform will have to have the simplest rigging and shaders, or it will bankrupt its maker.  Neither of those is acceptable to me, and if I have to choose, it’s always going to be DS.  And this is not to put down those artists that have made an art form of elegantly simple products; that’s a valid and excellent thing in and of itself, it’s just not for everyone.

There are already separate figure lines.  No sane person can realistically claim Dawn is a truly dual-platform figure when 90% of the support for her is for Poser, and of course there are the weight-mapped figures released with P10/PP2014 (and their predecessors Alyson and Ryan).

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 20 October 2013 03:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  669
Joined  2008-02-24
Estroyer - 16 October 2013 03:23 PM

DAZ is waaay too silent on this one if you ask me wink
With the addition of Josie, the female/male gap has come to a point now that it’s getting way too obvious.
I am so certain of M6’s realease as the great mega prize for PC members, that I haven’t even bought some of the awesome male characters from Raiya that are on flash sale now.
Some are in the David bundle as well that I hope to get at the end of this week.
But as I have very little $$ to spare and the Josie figure is just too much a chunk out of my budget, I am crossing my fingers for some stuff this week that it more usefull for my runtime right now and a bit more affordable.
So far I have one point for this week, ouch.

I actually passed on Josie, since I’m convinced she has to wait another year for a boyfriend, and then it’s hardly fun. Neither were there any outfits that tempted me because they filled in some kind of a gap. After all the ladies wardrobes have been so uninspiring the last 2 - 3 months. I’m still waiting for winter outfits, Lady D hats, cargo pants and vests, ankle-lenght jackets and cloaks with and without hoodies, Victorian ballroom outfits, ancient greek and roman outfits, diving, skating and skiing wear, hazard protection wear and more sci-fi and steampunk stuff.

But most of all I want M6, and with an inspiring wardrobe to go!!!

Posted: 20 October 2013 06:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4876
Joined  2009-02-26

I’m convinced M6 will make the big prize of PC sale too. But more convinced that will be so because I didn’t succed in completing 2 weeks of 2 tire each. And am also holding off on Josie as whatever Justin/Luke successor will not likely appear for quite a long time yet. Though is a beautiful character and definitely more realistic to my eyes, I’m much more inclined to ensure have the funds for setting up G2M. I have allot of characters/morphs for G2F, and for me, it’s time to get my hands on some males.

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

7 of 15