So... any news on Michael 6?

BiakoBiako Posts: 309
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Or any Gen6 males for that matter?

I've been away from the boards for a little while (actually checking in every now and again during free time :).

Please tell me I've missed something. Is there any news at all on when a Gen 6 male base might be released?

(Bear in mind, if it's a negative I'm going to have to be sad. Maybe a little disappointed). :S

Comments

• GhengisFarbGhengisFarb Posts: 161
    edited September 2013

Or any Gen6 males for that matter?

I've been away from the boards for a little while (actually checking in every now and again during free time :).

Please tell me I've missed something. Is there any news at all on when a Gen 6 male base might be released?

(Bear in mind, if it's a negative I'm going to have to be sad. Maybe a little disappointed). :S

Soon. (Mind you that's a "Daz Soon" which is defined by Webster's as anytime between 6 months to 6 decades.)

Post edited by GhengisFarb on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 2,372
    edited December 1969

Soon can also mean, sooner than one may have expected!

• BiakoBiako Posts: 309
    edited December 1969

Or... perhaps sooner than never. But at least it's something :)

I look forward to getting a chance to at least start practicing modeling clothing on the male base sometime within this year. So I was hoping I might've missed an ETA somewhere while I was away.

That's all I'm asking. Sometime before 2014 would be nice ^_^

edited September 2013

I take you're both new to the world of Daz3D..... and unfamiliar with the concept of Daz soon.

edited December 1969

I take you're both new to the world of Daz3D..... and unfamiliar with the concept of Daz soon.

That's why I phrased it sooner than never ^_^

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 5,439
    edited December 1969

I too am waiting for M6. I'm worried though they are going to release another female character first. To be honest with you, I'm not buying any more female characters. I'm saturated. Ready for the men.

• JimJim Posts: 458
    edited September 2013

I'm going to take that as an officially unofficially sanctioned hint. I'm guessing DAZ will drop M6 pretty soon after the PA sales. I may or may not have seen evidence of a near complete M6/G2M. Of course maybe/maybe not seeing something is hardly proof of anything, but it seems like it will be sooner rather than later.

Post edited by Jim on
  • EwokzombieEwokzombie Posts: 0
    edited September 2013

Arent they working on Genesis 3 and Victoria 7 first?? Lol!

Post edited by Ewokzombie on
    edited December 1969

Arent they working on Genesis 3 and Victoria 7 first?? Lol!

Ha.

I wonder what people would say if that actually came out :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 15,732
    edited September 2013

I too am waiting for M6. I'm worried though they are going to release another female character first. To be honest with you, I'm not buying any more female characters. I'm saturated. Ready for the men.

...sadly, that's the plan, there's a G2F teen character named Josie I've been hearing about.

We already have the means to make teen girls with the Growing Up morphs.

I also feel until we see G2M the update to GenerationX will not be released.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • EstroyerEstroyer Posts: 1,811
    edited September 2013

I am positively sure that M6 is going to be released in the PC month.
    Perhaps, he will even be the great prize when you've bought all the necessary items at the end of the month :P

Post edited by Estroyer on
    edited December 1969

...that would be nice.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 947
    edited December 1969

My guess is early next year. Maybe he'll be part of a promotion in this year's PC sale, like 2 (or 3?) years ago. October will be Josie. November Aiko. December Stephanie.

Come at me, Reality! Prove me wrong!

edited December 1969

Barubary said:
    October will be Josie. November Aiko. December Stephanie.

No, no ,nooo!
    You gave me a scare there >>

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 5,439
    edited December 1969

I hope they break up the continuous release of female content with some male content. I honestly feel the base male character should've come out wit g2 female base.

Sadly, they don't consult me when making these decisions. =-)

I won't buy any teen characters for g2female. I have growing up, which gives me enough morphs to make one if I should ever need it.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 1,729
    edited December 1969

An unofficial hint from a PA in another thread made it clear that Josie is not intended to be a teen character. The impression I got from the hint is Josie may be the Gen 6 Stephanie Petite.

• Tim OGTim OG Posts: 1,139
    edited December 1969

I may or may not have been told by a vendor who does male character sets that he is currently working on M6 textures.

edited December 1969

TimG said:
    I may or may not have been told by a vendor who does male character sets that he is currently working on M6 textures.

I also may or not may heard about that :P
    That's why I am so sure about M6 being a PC special...or not

edited December 1969

jestmart said:
    An unofficial hint from a PA in another thread made it clear that Josie is not intended to be a teen character. The impression I got from the hint is Josie may be the Gen 6 Stephanie Petite.

...well, she better be just that (petite) as I was rather disappointed with Step5.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 1,167
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...sadly, that's the plan, there's a G2F teen character named Josie I've been hearing about.

We already have the means to make teen girls with the Growing Up morphs.

I also feel until we see G2M the update to GenerationX will not be released.

I have no interest in another male character, but if it means GenX for GF2 will be released, then bring it on!!

edited September 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    jestmart said:

...well, she better be just that (petite) as I was rather disappointed with Step5.

But originally Steph wasn't petite just a little more muscular/athletic. Aiko was the petite one. I guess Daz decided no one like athletic females
    . O_o

I just wished they'd release a male counterpart at the time they release the new female. I understand the females WAY outsell the males, but Barbie need's a Ken. Think of the male as an accessory to the female like hair or shoes. Yeah, shoes are a pretty good comparison. "Hi, I'm Michael 6, Vicky's shoes....."

edited December 1969

...Steph4 was smaller than Vicky. She loaded in at about 5'3" and wasn't very musclebound. With the various body shapes included (one of them being "petite") and NPM expansion, she definitely fit the definition of petite much more than Steph5 did.

Also if Daz didn't feel athletic females would sell, what's up then with Gia? She looks very athletic.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 19,378
    edited December 1969

And Steph petite (Steph 3) was smaller as well, she went well with David3. Being only 5ft myself I much preferred the size of them.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 1,597
    edited December 1969

Well, then you guys are going to be really upset when you see Gladys in November. Been working on some texture sets for her, as well as a pose set.

Nah, just kidding! I love hearing all the speculation, and it would be a real drag if a ton more females came out before a male. But DAZ has their plans and none of us are privy to them. Could go either way, I think. And this is definitely NOT an official post. I'm just joining in the discussion.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 3,778
    edited December 1969

I would have thought that these PA's were breaking NDA's if they have been telling people that they are working on M6, if not then why won't they say in public, rumours and speculation are just that.
    I'll be surprised if we see him before next year.
    Although I do wonder if he'll arrive before dusk.

edited September 2013

Slosh said:
    Well, then you guys are going to be really upset when you see Gladys in November. Been working on some texture sets for her, as well as a pose set.

...does she come with a pink bathrobe, foofy slippers, cup of tea, curlers, a ciggie, a box of chockies, a copy of the Daily Mirror and have poses for sitting on the sofa and watching the telly? If so, I'd get her.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • SloshSlosh Posts: 1,597
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Slosh said:

...does she come with a pink bathrobe, foofy slippers, cup of tea, curlers, a ciggie, a box of chockies, a copy of the Daily Mirror and have poses for sitting on the sofa and watching the telly? If so, I'd get her.

How did you know? Someone's been leaking again

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 1,552
    edited December 1969

They are breaking NDA when they do that.

I would have thought that these PA's were breaking NDA's if they have been telling people that they are working on M6, if not then why won't they say in public, rumours and speculation are just that.
    I'll be surprised if we see him before next year.
    Although I do wonder if he'll arrive before dusk.

• JimJim Posts: 458
    edited December 1969

...and that's why we might not have heard anything.

• whispers65whispers65 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I so wish but I'm coming into my fave time of the year and with games and writing stuff to do the rest of the year, I'll have plenty to keep my interest peaked.

I was looking at this thread with keen interest hoping to get a scoop but alas...