3 of 15
So… any news on Michael 6?
Posted: 30 September 2013 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  915
Joined  2012-02-03
Kyoto Kid - 30 September 2013 02:54 PM
Slosh - 30 September 2013 02:45 PM

Well, then you guys are going to be really upset when you see Gladys in November.  Been working on some texture sets for her, as well as a pose set.

...does she come with a pink bathrobe, foofy slippers, cup of tea, curlers, a ciggie, a box of chockies, a copy of the Daily Mirror and have poses for sitting on the sofa and watching the telly?  If so, I’d get her.

Y’know, I’d probably buy that too. Not that I mind the more ‘typical’ female 3d figure, but I could use some more ordinary people in my runtime.

Posted: 30 September 2013 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4271
Joined  2011-11-25

NDA or not, it is probably not a surprise to anyone that pa’s are working on M6, That’s to be expected I imagine.

Posted: 30 September 2013 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1540
Joined  2010-02-14
jestmart - 30 September 2013 07:26 AM

An unofficial hint from a PA in another thread made it clear that Josie is not intended to be a teen character.  The impression I got from the hint is Josie may be the Gen 6 Stephanie Petite.

Then why is she being marketed as “Teen Josie 6”?

I’ll buy that she’ll be our Stephanie 6, which will indeed make Aiko 6 the November character and then FINALLY, granted there’s no hiatus, Genesis 2 Male & Michael 6 will arrive in December, possibly with the launch of Studio 5.

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 30 September 2013 09:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  468
Joined  2004-04-05

Ya, the way it’s going, it seems they are cpleting the female line then are going to launch the male line, Genesis 2 is moving fast

Posted: 30 September 2013 09:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1589
Joined  2009-08-08
Kyoto Kid - 30 September 2013 01:39 AM
SereneNight - 29 September 2013 09:17 PM

I too am waiting for M6. I’m worried though they are going to release another female character first. To be honest with you, I’m not buying any more female characters. I’m saturated. Ready for the men.

...sadly, that’s the plan, there’s a G2F teen character named Josie I’ve been hearing about.

We already have the means to make teen girls with the Growing Up morphs.

I also feel until we see G2M the update to GenerationX will not be released.

I suspect the name is misleading after being given a hint by one of the vendors. Sounds more like they’re reworking and updating something more like the “sylph” morph from the gen4 Elite series. Yeah, something that *could* be interpreted as a young adult who hasn’t filled out yet, but just as likely to be someone who’s simply built narrow and is never going to broaden out to the same extent as someone with a different build.

Posted: 30 September 2013 09:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4960
Joined  2008-03-06
JOdel - 30 September 2013 09:11 PM
Kyoto Kid - 30 September 2013 01:39 AM
SereneNight - 29 September 2013 09:17 PM

I too am waiting for M6. I’m worried though they are going to release another female character first. To be honest with you, I’m not buying any more female characters. I’m saturated. Ready for the men.

...sadly, that’s the plan, there’s a G2F teen character named Josie I’ve been hearing about.

We already have the means to make teen girls with the Growing Up morphs.

I also feel until we see G2M the update to GenerationX will not be released.

I suspect the name is misleading after being given a hint by one of the vendors. Sounds more like they’re reworking and updating something more like the “sylph” morph from the gen4 Elite series. Yeah, something that *could* be interpreted as a young adult who hasn’t filled out yet, but just as likely to be someone who’s simply built narrow and is never going to broaden out to the same extent as someone with a different build.

Bear in mind how much easier it is to use body and head morphs separately for G2F.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 30 September 2013 09:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-25

Personally, hope they skip Josie this month and release a male character. =-) Yeah, I can dream!

Posted: 30 September 2013 10:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  216
Joined  2005-10-18

I’m for all things G2F gimme, gimme, gimme…

I have M5/D5 for males, so in no rush for M6 just yet.!!!

A Gen X update for G2F would be really good too.

S.K.

Posted: 30 September 2013 10:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11175
Joined  2007-11-06

....that would mean having to do a second update when G2M comes out. As the original GeneraitonX covered both genders I would think that the update is being set up that way as well just to keep it simple and straightforward.

Keep in mind one of the old programming axioms: “Fix something here and you break something there”. The less major revisions to a programme, the better.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 30 September 2013 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  330
Joined  2011-01-22
swordkensia - 30 September 2013 10:07 PM

I’m for all things G2F gimme, gimme, gimme…

I have M5/D5 for males, so in no rush for M6 just yet.!!!

A Gen X update for G2F would be really good too.

S.K.

So you’re in a rush for more genesis females, but you’re OK with not a single genesis 2 male being released? :(

Sounds like somewhat of a lopsided deal right there.

Posted: 01 October 2013 02:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1540
Joined  2010-02-14

But think about it, this may very well actually be a quite beneficial to us DAZ Male groupies. After TJ6 and A6 are out, the store can shift the major spotlights on all the men and their content. This means that during this period more customers will see more of a consistent presence of male advertisements on the front page and in newsletters, which will cause more sales in men’s products, to which will finally give the PA’s some well over-needed encouragement to make more male content that will sell.

It’s a bit ideal, yes, but it’s definitely in the realm of possibility if executed right. This might actually be one of the smarter moves of DAZ’s part! smile

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 01 October 2013 04:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1671
Joined  2012-09-16

Hmm, not sure if that will work on the long run.
I already bought some nice textures and morphs over at Rendo and that is money I can only spend once wink
But I admit, if M6 is a handsome and versatile lad, I will sell my socks in the end for him…

Signature 

You’re welcome to visit my GALLERY
Need a review or looking for tips? Pay a visit HERE

Posted: 01 October 2013 05:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  408
Joined  2011-04-18

M5 for my taste was a bit disappointing, so I would like to have Gen2m/M6. Soon, please, and not after the release of the 216. female figure…

BTW: I never understood why I should need something like S4, a figure exactly like V4, just a bit smaller. Every 3D figure can be scaled easily. So why…? I don’t get it. I grabbed the free S4 Pro Bundle offered in the PA sale only because many S4 products are also for V4 and can be used with Genesis, and this bundle is really a nice one.

Posted: 01 October 2013 05:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  821
Joined  2009-06-14

I’m trying not to wish to much.  What happens to me if I wish too much and it takes a long time then I won’t care at all if and when it does happen.

Posted: 01 October 2013 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-25

I’m saturated with g2 female. Especially since I prefer less exaggerated pose sets and some older non sexy characters Too much sway back for me. I’ve taken to using genesis male poses to get poses not so exaggerated. After finding out morphs slow down my daz studio to a crawl, I’m not looking for fill up on more for female sets with lots of morphs.

Personally, disagree with releasing every possible character of a single gender before releasing the opposite gender. I think pacing and spacing them out makes more sense.

3 of 15