2 of 6
BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE     ►►►► AUTUMN EDITION ◄◄◄◄      INSPIRATION HALLOWEEN
Posted: 01 October 2013 04:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1547
Joined  2007-12-10
goofygrmom3 - 29 September 2013 11:48 AM

I hope I’m doing this correctly.  I’m new to this forum, but I’ve been dabbling in Bryce for about 2 years and Daz for 7 years.  Most of the items were exported from Daz to Bryce.  I added my moon (from a photo I took) and the Jack-o-lantern and the frame in Paint Shop Pro.

tks4lookin’

That’s a great start! smile

If you fancy having a go at adding your Moon to your scene instead of in Post, I made a thread giving instructions on one of the many ways to do it here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/7743/

Hope this helps. smile

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 01 October 2013 09:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2007-11-20

Thanks Chohole.  I’m so used to putting my name on everything in my other groups.  If I do it in all it’s easier for me to remember. 

Thanks Savage.

Posted: 01 October 2013 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-20

I bookmarker that link Savage.  I’ll give that a try.  I’ve also made myself a new moon in Bryce and it’s working pretty well in the new render I’m working on.

Posted: 01 October 2013 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1320
Joined  2003-10-09

Here is my work in progress, “The Van Pyre’s Halloween”.  (Is the title too cheesy?) 
  Feedback, positive or negative, is appreciated.
  The cat needs a bit of work yet.  I haven’t decided if I like the choice of water.  I wanted something still enough to get a good reflection, but not so much that you can’t see that it’s even there.  Every other water or water adjustment I tried looked really bad, so I stuck with this one for now.

Image Attachments
The_Van_Pyres_Halloween_WIP.jpg

Posted: 02 October 2013 03:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  617
Joined  2010-02-18

Goofygrmom3...I’m not real happy with the witch. I want to try and make her better.

Looks good, but…ooooh….messing with witches is not advised, especially at this time of year smile

Sean...colours are very nice – the window is a great focal feature. I think you’re right on the water reflective/still point; it might be that it’s causing confusion between where actual objects (tree, balustrade…etc.,) end and where their reflection begins. Wonder would adding some kind of ripple to the water, or dulling it down a bit, work? As for the cat – nope, works for me, anyway.

Will have to get something started for this WIP thread…ideas…emmmm…ah!

Jay

Posted: 02 October 2013 04:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15237
Joined  2003-10-09
Jamahoney - 02 October 2013 03:54 AM

Will have to get something started for this WIP thread…ideas…emmmm…ah!

Jay

Traditional Scottish Prayer  

From ghoulies and ghosties
And long-leggedy beasties
And things that go bump in the night,
Good Lord, deliver us!

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 02 October 2013 05:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  169
Joined  2009-05-04

@Sean

That really is a fine picture. Lighting and colours are marvellous, also the expression and gestures of the girls, the lady and even the cat looks perfectly right for me. I like the textures and the materials. From a technical point of view there is hard to find anything to improve. The only thing you have already mentionned by yourself might be the water. One point here is the dark rim below the bannister of the balcony just above the water. you can not find it on the wall on the left side.

Another thing is the composition. Don’t get me wrong please I critisize here on a very high level. I thought, what is the main thing in your picture. The title suggest it is the lady and the girls, but in my opinion it is this marvellous window. wink It looks really great, but it also takes the focus a bit away of the figures. Especially the two girls and foremost the left one get a bit lost in this scene. But of course this is a matter of taste, too. Another thing and here I am really nitpicking: the bannister has always a gap after three columns. No one would build it this way wink.

Posted: 02 October 2013 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-18

the bannister has always a gap after three columns. No one would build it this way

They look perfect as is, I think - the ‘gaps’ add that little extra uniqueness.

Posted: 02 October 2013 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  169
Joined  2009-05-04
Jamahoney - 02 October 2013 06:43 AM

They look perfect as is, I think - the ‘gaps’ add that little extra uniqueness, and a sense of class, too, which Sean undoubtedly has smile

You are perfectly right. I hope my comment did not sound too harshly. I added an wink

Posted: 02 October 2013 08:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-18

You are perfectly right.

Hahaaa, that would be a first for me, but seriously, Elvis, your suggestion is just as good as mine - after all, Sean is asking for feedback, so lets damn him and shame him for his work wink

Jay

Posted: 02 October 2013 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-20

Beautiful render Sean.  I love that window.

Thanks Jay.  I’ll be very careful with the witch.

Posted: 02 October 2013 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-18

First submission…hint of the mysterious - exactly what is the story telling/suggesting here?.

Title: “Follow the Witch”

Jay

Image Attachments
Follow-The-Witch.jpg

Posted: 03 October 2013 01:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1379
Joined  2011-09-25

Everything I’ve seen so far really looks nice.  Hopefully I get in gear after RW projects are done.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 03 October 2013 01:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  629
Joined  2008-11-26

All the entries are lovely.

Sean the window is awesome, I downloaded the image to zoom around, trying to find the spider web…..... where is it????

Posted: 03 October 2013 06:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1320
Joined  2003-10-09

@electro-elvis, no worries, your comments did not sound too harsh.  I did indeed ask for opinions.
  I’m working on some minor changes.  The cat’s tail got darkened a hair.  I’m going to move the branches slightly, and maybe I will add the solid railing top.  I hadn’t seen that dark line by the water on only one side; I took it out to fix it at first, then decided the shadow helped define the line between the water and reflection, so then I added some extra stonework back in to emphasize that, and made sure to put it ALL the way across.  I’m still thinking about what to do with the water material though.

@mermaid0,  the spiderweb is on the left side of the image, on the stair columns down and to the left of the light fixture.  Oddly it’s invisible in the default forum image post, (maybe the lines are just too thin), but if you click on the image for the larger version, then it becomes visible.

2 of 6