Posted: 21 September 2013 06:49 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15757
Joined  2003-10-09

Fifth DAZ 3D Bryce rendering Challenge

NOW SPONSORED BY DAZ 3D

Theme for this month is “Halloween”

This thread is the WIP thread, so you can post here to show us how things are coming along before transferring the render to the actual Contest thread for judging.

Rules
~~~~~

All renders must be new renders.

You can enter up to 3 renders.

You must abide by the DAZ 3D forum TOS

Imported content is allowed, but the render must be obviously a Bryce render.

Post Work permitted, but please keep it to a minimum.

Rules may be changed for subsequent Challenges, depending on the theme and the person who has selected it.

The winner of the June Challenge will get the chance to name the theme for the July contest.

This will then continue with subsequent winners choosing the theme for the next contest, which will enable a new contest to start with the minimum of delay between contests.

Whoever nominates the subject for the Challenge can modify the rules to suit that challenge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Challenge ends on 1ST NOVENBER Midnight DAZ 3D time. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DAZ 3D Sponsorship, in the form of Store credit

Ist Place $30
                    2nd Place $20
                    3rd place $15

This in addition to the $20 DAZ 3D gift certificate will be given to the person whose render is selected as the best,  $10 for 2nd Place and $5 for 3rd place that I have already been offering

We will also be offering a special prize for the render judged the best from a Bryce New User.  Jaderail has offered $20 and DAZ 3D will add $10.

Judged by members of the DAZ 3D CV team and guest judges.

By entering this contest, you agree to allow DAZ3D to use any artwork you submit in any promotional materials they may choose.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 21 September 2013 06:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Sorry that this Challenge is a bit late being posted. 

I am still waiting for the winner of the Summer Challenge to get back to me and clarify how he wants to handle the Halloween insspriation, but at least this way you can start working on things.

Challenge will run for 6 weeks,  and then the next one will start in Mid Novem,ber and again run for about 6 weeks.

Will try it this way and see if it encourages more people to take part.

BTW I do apologise about the lateness on the prizes arriving in the accounts of the winners from last time.  There was a slight breakdown in communication. Should be solved by the middle of next week I hope.  Some prizes have been paid , but not all.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge

Posted: 21 September 2013 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1308
Joined  2006-08-19

well I started on a pumpkin..

Image Attachments
Pumpkin-wip.jpg
 Signature 

http://rarethdigitalmusings.blogspot.com/

http://rareth1966.deviantart.com/gallery/

Posted: 21 September 2013 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3493
Joined  2004-10-01

I thought a photograph of yours truly would guarantee me the first place. But since it has to be a render ...

Good start Rareth.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 22 September 2013 01:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1464
Joined  2011-09-25

@Rareth:  Let’s see, do I say nice pumpkin, nice table, or nice ground material?  Naw, I’ll just say nice image and let it go at that.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 27 September 2013 06:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1592
Joined  2007-12-10

Having some pre-Halloween fun with Skulduggery second skin outfits for V4 (available from Daz for V4 M4 and K4).

Image Attachments
Skelly1.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 27 September 2013 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

The day   Samhain, the day for honouring departed spirits.

The time…....it’s the time between times, when day has ended but night not yet begun, the time when the veil between worlds is at it’s thinnest.

The Summoning at Bryn Celli Ddu (The Mound in the Dark Grove)

What will come through the veil this time

Image Attachments
Bryn_Celli_5.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 27 September 2013 02:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  645
Joined  2010-02-18

Yeah, chohole, same here with ‘Oiche Samhan’ (Samhain Night)...it was always made to be a mysterious time - between 31 Oct and1 Nov. Fairies (good and bad) would appear, historical heroes would influence the night/day’ proceedings, and Banshees (creepy women howling) could be killed; who can still be heard today – hint, young foxes crying smile

All themes to make renders on, I guess - wonder what to choose, if any?

Jay

Posted: 29 September 2013 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2007-11-20

I hope I’m doing this correctly.  I’m new to this forum, but I’ve been dabbling in Bryce for about 2 years and Daz for 7 years.  Most of the items were exported from Daz to Bryce.  I added my moon (from a photo I took) and the Jack-o-lantern and the frame in Paint Shop Pro.

tks4lookin’

Image Attachments
HalloweenSceneBetsy2013.jpg

Posted: 29 September 2013 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1308
Joined  2006-08-19
GussNemo - 22 September 2013 01:02 AM

@Rareth:  Let’s see, do I say nice pumpkin, nice table, or nice ground material?  Naw, I’ll just say nice image and let it go at that.

pumpkin model was easy, I looped every other vertical edge and scaled it in. the stem is an extrude from the top (after 1 step of smoothing) then loop cut to separate.

the table was a tutorial on youtube in the wings3d channel I bridged the top and bottom faces to make the hole in the middle for the glass panel. Bryce materials makes it look a lot more complicated than it is..

the floor is a black vinyl material I made awhile ago

Signature 

http://rarethdigitalmusings.blogspot.com/

http://rareth1966.deviantart.com/gallery/

Posted: 29 September 2013 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
goofygrmom3 - 29 September 2013 11:48 AM

I hope I’m doing this correctly.  I’m new to this forum, but I’ve been dabbling in Bryce for about 2 years and Daz for 7 years.  Most of the items were exported from Daz to Bryce.  I added my moon (from a photo I took) and the Jack-o-lantern and the frame in Paint Shop Pro.

tks4lookin’

Hi and looking good.  Thanks for joining in.  You have till the end of October to add any improvements etc before the judging thread is made up.

Your render will also be entered for the special New Bryce users” prize.

Signature 

Posted: 29 September 2013 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-20

Thanks Chohole.  I’m not real happy with the witch.  I want to try and make her better.

Posted: 30 September 2013 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-20

I’ve been working to improve the witch.  When I finish with this render, do I delete that first one?  Or do I just post the new one?  Thanks.

Posted: 30 September 2013 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

In this thread, just post a new version,. that’s why it’s the WIP thread.

What then happens is I transfer the final image, once you say it is final, into a judging thread, in which the renders are only given numbers, but no user names, and then the judging panel votes from that thread.  It is an attempt to make sure that they are judging purely on the renders, and not who made them.

Signature 

Posted: 30 September 2013 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-20

Thanks Chohole.  I guess I should leave my name and year off it then.

Posted: 01 October 2013 03:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
goofygrmom3 - 30 September 2013 05:11 PM

Thanks Chohole.  I guess I should leave my name and year off it then.

No probs with that.  The judges are not actual Brycers as such, so it probably wouldn’t mean anything to them anyway.

Forum names would be a bit of a giveaway though

Signature 

1 of 6