Digital Art Zone

4 of 4
Back to Mixin’ and Mashin - Environments [Commercial]
Posted: 06 June 2012 01:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4534
Joined  2004-08-11

Going to get this wonderful set you did.  Thanks for the nice price too.  Won’t be purchasing though until things have simmered down and evened out with the store.  Don’t care if it’s on sale or not, it’s a must have!  grin

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 06 June 2012 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  831
Joined  2008-04-29

Is the Breaking Waves product for DAZ Studio? if so, were the promos done in DAZ Studio?

Mine looks really weird, gray water, no matter how blue the sky dome is, and no transparency.

ohh

Image Attachments
strangewaters.jpg
 Signature 

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
My deviantART gallery: http://lucia45.deviantart.com/

Posted: 07 June 2012 07:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14008
Joined  2003-10-09

Looks as if you are using the Poser rather than DS version.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 07 June 2012 07:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1642
Joined  2008-02-14

Water doesn’t have color,  it is clear,  it either reflects what is above it,  or it refracts what is below it.  Hence the reason the base is gray.

The key to decent looking water requires four components,  reflection, refraction, opacity, and the lighting.  Every different lighting setup will require an adjustment in the other three. 
Just based on what is posted,  I’d reduce opacity to 45-50%,  up reflection to atleast 85%,  set refraction at 65% ( 1.33 refraction value) and try out your current lightset,  see how it works.  The other thing that will change the color of the water is the color of the darkdepth prop below the scene,  changing its colour will be refracted into the water surface. 

I’ll be providing a small update for single click ds mats that use the same textures but with adjusted settings and a basic lightset.  Expect that update very soon. 

Please realize that this prop model was designed to be used with procedural textures in vue, poser, carrara, bryce etc. which all have their own water shaders for their programs.  Now if you do want that most excellent DS/Reality/Lux water seen in some of the promos, then you have to use the Reality plugin.

Signature 

PUBLISHED ARTIST
First Bastion’s Environments here at Daz

Posted: 11 June 2012 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-14

This is an example of the updated DS mats that will be available in your accounts soon.  The update will also include an ambiance balanced lightset to enhance the look of the waves.

Image Attachments
breakingdsmat800.jpg
 Signature 

PUBLISHED ARTIST

Posted: 17 January 2013 09:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-14

Been a long time since I did a mix and mash writeup,  but I did say I’d provide the details (this thread here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/13573/ )  of mixing The Hidden Waterfalls with High Cliff Crossing,  and I’m following through. 

Since everything in HCC is parent to the bridge arch it is quite easy to select it and if you apply these translations it will fall into place.  Then its just a question of removing or hiding the individual modular parts from the Waterfalls that are redundant.  I then repositioned the mist planes and rotated them to face the camera.

Image Attachments
hcchw.jpgMergeHW-HCCtrans.jpg
 Signature 

PUBLISHED ARTIST

Posted: 17 January 2013 09:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2080
Joined  2003-10-09

so when is the next Mix n Match contest?

Posted: 17 January 2013 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-14

Hey thanks for reminding me.  Was just going through the old archive to remember what the set up was.  Last year’s contest ran through March and ended at the beginning of April.  Time wise,  I am open to starting it a bit sooner this year and spread out the prizes over a longer time frame giving people more chances to win.  Also some people found the requirement a bit restrictive and since I want to open it up to more folks to participate I’ll probably set up a mix and mash prize and a straight render prize.  Details available shortly.  I’ll probably start a new thread. 

Here’s the link to last year’ forum thread.  http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=185418&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=220

Some of last years winners were: 
Flashback37
LycanthropeX
SabotsSnake
Luci45
Cosmo71
scorpio64dragon

The archive load very slowly and the images don’t load properly.  So here’s a partial recap.

Image Attachments
Flashback37_1_3352491.jpgLycanthropeX_1_3330467.jpgSabotsSnake_2312972.jpgwinnerslastyear.jpg
 Signature 

PUBLISHED ARTIST

Posted: 17 January 2013 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

what was restrictive about the requirements? Use one of your products in a new and unusual way, any topic or theme.

Just got to get creative with your think box

Posted: 19 January 2013 11:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

getting anxious

Lycan MASH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: 18 March 2013 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-14

In case notifications are working with the subscribed in this forum thread,  here’s the link to this year’s mix and mash it up render contest.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/18493/

Signature 

PUBLISHED ARTIST

Posted: 09 July 2013 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1499
Joined  2010-06-29

okay here is a new one with rocks by first bastion smile

Image Attachments
dx_deep_blue_2_-_Kopie.jpg
 Signature  Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

4 of 4