Digital Art Zone

3 of 5
DAZ Rocks the New Store Sale!
Posted: 29 June 2012 07:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  197
Joined  2011-03-31
Satira Capriccio - 29 June 2012 04:24 PM

Well, clearly, there are some unspoken rules in effect here because $50 worth of ANY DAZ Originals does not earn the $10 discount.

I added Blenworth (DAZ Original)
I added B25 Royal Prince (price deducted from cart)
Then, I added 34 DAZ Original PC Products, which are on sale for $0.99.
Total came to $50 and some odd change. 
I went through checkout, but there was no $10 discount listed on the Review Order page.

According to the post, all of these products qualify. 

If they don’t, I’ll just empty the cart and save even more money by skipping these sales.  You do NOT want to know how long it took to find DAZ Original/PC Products that fit MY criteria!  (I hadn’t previously purchased the product, it would work in Poser, and it was something I wanted.)

DAZ_Cameron - 26 June 2012 05:34 PM

We know how much you love saving, so here comes another sale.

Get $10 off any DAZ Originals purchase over $50.  This includes ALL DAZ Original Products throughout our store.  Combine this offer with the DAZ Beat the Heat Sale for MASSIVE savings.  Just add $50 worth of DAZ Originals to your cart and $10 will automatically be taken out during checkout. 
This sale won’t last long, so make your way to the DAZ Store now!

Sale Ends July 3, 2012.

I posted about this in the other thread.

Since your trying to buy items from two different offers (Blenworth + Free Item & the $10 off DO), the cart doesn’t work as it should. Either offer works fine by itself, but when you have products in the cart to qualify for both at once it doesn’t add them together properly and you end up with a weird discount amount.

I’m not sure if this is a bug or if the store is only supposed to let you take advantage of one “offer” per transaction.

Posted: 29 June 2012 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3398
Joined  2012-02-06

That’s unfortunate, but it is understandable if the two offers aren’t supposed to work together. Still, it means I might not be getting Blenworth after all.

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 30 June 2012 06:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  254
Joined  2010-11-26
Mustakettu85 - 29 June 2012 06:52 PM

Thanks… I hope it does last longer than that, I won’t be able to buy anything until Monday… Is the magazine a nice read by itself?

Sure is… it has the Joe Madureira Interview in it that should have been on the last issue (but hat to make place for tributes) and some interesting infos on how to paint snarls, eyebrows, etc. and how to create a story in an image… I’m not a painter, never will be - and I very much envy these artists - but I get a view things out of it for 3D work too smile (not that I’ll be able to come up with something stunning like the images in the magazine, mind you *g*)
And of course if you’re a Manga fan… you’ll really like the articlea about it and the plugin for PS that’s on the DVD.

Signature 

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.  ~Herm Albright

Posted: 01 July 2012 08:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  521
Joined  2006-07-28

DAZ needs to figure out how to combine offers, or they need to stop running multiple sales at the same time on the same products. 

The more I looked at all the 36 in my cart, the more I realized I didn’t need them.  So ... for June, I spent a grand total of $23.31.  I doubt DAZ will offer much of anything in July to tempt me either.  That’s just so different from a year ago.

Loaar - 29 June 2012 07:50 PM
Satira Capriccio - 29 June 2012 04:24 PM

Well, clearly, there are some unspoken rules in effect here because $50 worth of ANY DAZ Originals does not earn the $10 discount.

I added Blenworth (DAZ Original)
I added B25 Royal Prince (price deducted from cart)
Then, I added 34 DAZ Original PC Products, which are on sale for $0.99.
Total came to $50 and some odd change. 
I went through checkout, but there was no $10 discount listed on the Review Order page.

According to the post, all of these products qualify. 

If they don’t, I’ll just empty the cart and save even more money by skipping these sales.  You do NOT want to know how long it took to find DAZ Original/PC Products that fit MY criteria!  (I hadn’t previously purchased the product, it would work in Poser, and it was something I wanted.)

DAZ_Cameron - 26 June 2012 05:34 PM

We know how much you love saving, so here comes another sale.

Get $10 off any DAZ Originals purchase over $50.  This includes ALL DAZ Original Products throughout our store.  Combine this offer with the DAZ Beat the Heat Sale for MASSIVE savings.  Just add $50 worth of DAZ Originals to your cart and $10 will automatically be taken out during checkout. 
This sale won’t last long, so make your way to the DAZ Store now!

Sale Ends July 3, 2012.

I posted about this in the other thread.

Since your trying to buy items from two different offers (Blenworth + Free Item & the $10 off DO), the cart doesn’t work as it should. Either offer works fine by itself, but when you have products in the cart to qualify for both at once it doesn’t add them together properly and you end up with a weird discount amount.

I’m not sure if this is a bug or if the store is only supposed to let you take advantage of one “offer” per transaction.

Signature 

Satira Capriccio on deviantART

Posted: 01 July 2012 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  997
Joined  2012-01-29
Satira Capriccio - 01 July 2012 08:25 AM

DAZ needs to figure out how to combine offers, or they need to stop running multiple sales at the same time on the same products. 

The more I looked at all the 36 in my cart, the more I realized I didn’t need them.  So ... for June, I spent a grand total of $23.31.  I doubt DAZ will offer much of anything in July to tempt me either.  That’s just so different from a year ago.

The trick is to buy items from the DAZ summer sale for at least $10 (PC products do not count for this, even if they are DAZ originals as well). The rest of the items up to $50 can be any items you want, including PA products and $0.99 PC items. It worked for me.

Posted: 01 July 2012 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  375
Joined  2008-06-25
BlazeMystEra - 30 June 2012 06:20 AM
Mustakettu85 - 29 June 2012 06:52 PM

Thanks… I hope it does last longer than that, I won’t be able to buy anything until Monday… Is the magazine a nice read by itself?

Sure is… it has the Joe Madureira Interview in it that should have been on the last issue (but hat to make place for tributes) and some interesting infos on how to paint snarls, eyebrows, etc. and how to create a story in an image… I’m not a painter, never will be - and I very much envy these artists - but I get a view things out of it for 3D work too smile (not that I’ll be able to come up with something stunning like the images in the magazine, mind you *g*)
And of course if you’re a Manga fan… you’ll really like the articlea about it and the plugin for PS that’s on the DVD.

Oh, thanks, that surely is interesting! I’m more of a pencil artist than a painter, but looks like there are some useful tips over there, and the manga article sounds cool. I’ll get the magazine then, and if the discount code’s working still, then I’ll be double happy =)

Signature 

do your research before blaming 3Delight for shortcomings of your renders

dA gallery link in profile along with anything else you may need to know about me

my thread with freebies

Posted: 01 July 2012 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  504
Joined  2010-10-15

Thank you Daz.. 10 items for a little over $40.00. Plus a freebee. And I still have my platinum coupon for next payday.  Quite pleased, and good to have you back.

Posted: 01 July 2012 10:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

I’m seeing people say the sales do not ADD. They most certianly do, I bougth two PA items and 46 PC items, my total was some what over $60 and I got the $10 discount that brought my total back down to just over $50. I now wonder how I’m going to download all this stuff before I have to go back and start doing resets.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 01 July 2012 10:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  197
Joined  2011-03-31
Jaderail - 01 July 2012 10:12 PM

I’m seeing people say the sales do not ADD. They most certianly do, I bougth two PA items and 46 PC items, my total was some what over $60 and I got the $10 discount that brought my total back down to just over $50. I now wonder how I’m going to download all this stuff before I have to go back and start doing resets.

Thats not sales adding, thats just you getting a better deal while taking advantage of special pricing on products.

What doesn’t work is multiple “offers”. The $10 off for a $50 sale is one offer. The Blenworth product with the free DO item was a second offer. If you tried to get both to work in one transaction you wouldn’t get the full discount, since the cart doesn’t add multiple offers correctly.

Posted: 01 July 2012 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Okay, I was in the wrong thread with that post, Sorry. I agree that those two sales should add and it needs fixed.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 02 July 2012 02:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  159
Joined  2003-10-09

It looks like that the 50% summer sale just terminated early - all prices (except for PC items) are now only 30% PC reduction, but no longer 65% as announced until July 4th…

Posted: 02 July 2012 07:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1615
Joined  2012-01-04
Martin_C - 02 July 2012 02:25 AM

It looks like that the 50% summer sale just terminated early - all prices (except for PC items) are now only 30% PC reduction, but no longer 65% as announced until July 4th…

Sure enough, well I guess that’s the end of my spending until the next sale.

Of course there are new releases I’m sure I will want and I will need to utilize the PC coupon.

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

Posted: 02 July 2012 07:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2009-08-07

I noticed this too… was this supposed to happen?
Oh well, I’ve gotten some pretty wicked deals this week. Spent $80 for about 50 products. I’m happy, even if this doesn’t get fixed! smile

Signature 

Check out The Lesser Evil, a graphic novel made using DAZ models, and published by Zeta Comics!

Posted: 02 July 2012 07:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5601
Joined  2006-02-20
Ledhead - 02 July 2012 07:19 AM

Of course there are new releases I’m sure I will want and I will need to utilize the PC coupon.

You know Daz ... I bet they will fix it as fast as they are in the office and realize there is something wrong.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 02 July 2012 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  297
Joined  2004-08-13
Kerya - 02 July 2012 07:57 AM
Ledhead - 02 July 2012 07:19 AM

You know Daz ... I bet they will fix it as fast as they are in the office and realize there is something wrong.

Well, I hope they do fix it.  I didn’t check out last night, and now the prices have changed in my cart. :(

3 of 5