CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK II
Posted: 01 January 2013 08:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 691 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1647
Joined  2010-09-17
music2u4u - 01 January 2013 07:07 AM
betsy662 - 31 December 2012 07:05 PM

Heres my last one for 2012! I promise, I won’t start setting another scene until after midnight!

READY SET GO!

Love the backdrop scene…what is it?

grin

Thats just a photo of West Texas pasted onto a plane.

Posted: 01 January 2013 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 692 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-17

Bettie of the Year 2012.

Image Attachments
bettie_of_the_year_2012_00._.jpg

Posted: 01 January 2013 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 693 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1896
Joined  0

I noticed that 40 ford is the same one Cherokee has in his render. The front bumper tips and the chrome headlight frames. Is that a GTA convertion, or did you guys get it somewhere else?

grin

Signature 

I am not this way because I am a musician, I am a musician because I am this way.

old posts: 10,322 Daz member since Build 1

Freebie Challenge Rules! - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/286/

Posted: 01 January 2013 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 694 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-17
music2u4u - 01 January 2013 05:32 PM

I noticed that 40 ford is the same one Cherokee has in his render. The front bumper tips and the chrome headlight frames. Is that a GTA convertion, or did you guys get it somewhere else?

grin

Thats the gta conversion.

Posted: 01 January 2013 08:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 695 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  241
Joined  2003-10-09
betsy662 - 01 January 2013 05:47 PM
music2u4u - 01 January 2013 05:32 PM

grin

Thats the gta conversion.

Yeah, it sure is and that car is awesome. Even the headlight glass is modeled to look like a headlight.

Signature 

Posted: 01 January 2013 08:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 696 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0

I have downloaded it a few times and everytime I try to open it in ZModeler, any version, the chassis and interior polies are exploded all over the place. I have tried to work with it but no go. I did save the body and doors and hood as .obj files, but I would love to have the whole car load right. I really want it bad…lol.

grin

Signature 

I am not this way because I am a musician, I am a musician because I am this way.

Posted: 02 January 2013 06:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 697 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  241
Joined  2003-10-09
music2u4u - 01 January 2013 08:34 PM

I have downloaded it a few times and everytime I try to open it in ZModeler, any version, the chassis and interior polies are exploded all over the place. I have tried to work with it but no go. I did save the body and doors and hood as .obj files, but I would love to have the whole car load right. I really want it bad…lol.

grin

I don’t remember what I did to get it to work but I do remember, back in this forum when we started working with it, Betsy was using Blender to convert it. I tried that but the material file name were not what I was used to using so I didn’t go that route and for the life of me, can’t remember what I did to get it working the way I needed.

Signature 

Posted: 02 January 2013 06:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 698 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-17

Most of the cars do convert fine in Blender, not all of them however, some will convert fine, show up fine in Poser, but then won’t even work in DS, but that one was one of the best ones for sure..

Posted: 02 January 2013 06:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 699 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-17
music2u4u - 01 January 2013 08:34 PM

grin

Okay, I converted that one in Blender, in Blender, once you load the .dff in Blender, then alt.+ H, that will open up or make visible all of the DAM files, simple matter of deleting those, just like you would in any other program, I’ll go out on a limb here and say its possible that what your seeing when you open it in Zmodeler might just be the DAM files, because those often do come up exploded, turned around and and often sitting below the car, plus the DAM files you find within the doors, windows, hood and truck lid, as well as the bumpers, I simply delete all those extra files, make copy after copy of the wheels n tires, that is if I’m not using a differents set of wheels, like I did on the 55 and 56 Chevy’s, then in order to see if it will even load in DS, I will usually export the whole car as a wavefront obj, once I see that it works in DS, then I will export it in parts in order to do the work on it in Poser to make it somwhat animated.

Posted: 02 January 2013 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 700 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-17

Heres a shot of both 40 Fords, the one on the left is from Nationale7, the one on the right is the gta converstion.

Image Attachments
two_fordy_fords.jpg

Posted: 02 January 2013 06:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 701 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0

It’s not the DAM files, I delete them all to begin with. After deleting each regular file, it is the file called “Chassis” and the one called “int” for interior. I have Blender but have never used it. I will try to open it in Blender and see what I get. I got it from the GTA site that has all the cool old cars. It’s called “Gta-worldmods.de”. It’s the first file they show as it has just been added to the site. Maybe I can find it on another site done by someone else. This one is a very new conversion. It had to be unlocked as well. Most all the cars from that site are locked and I will assume it is a Denmark site so maybe the language has something to do with it not reading correctly.

grin

Signature 

Posted: 02 January 2013 06:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 702 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0

I downloaded it again from a different site. The file is the same (by Hustler) and it opens all exploded too. I tried opening them in Blender 2.60 but I do not see an import for .dff files so I opened the file after I converted it to an .obj file. I have included a quick screenshot of what the chassis .obj file looks like so you can see just how bad it is! That point at the top is the small roof antenna.

So…how do you get a .dff file to open in Blender?

Image Attachments
40FordChassis.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 02 January 2013 04:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 703 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-17
music2u4u - 02 January 2013 06:45 AM

I downloaded it again from a different site. The file is the same (by Hustler) and it opens all exploded too. I tried opening them in Blender 2.60 but I do not see an import for .dff files so I opened the file after I converted it to an .obj file. I have included a quick screenshot of what the chassis .obj file looks like so you can see just how bad it is! That point at the top is the small roof antenna.

You have to download the plugin for Blender to open .dff files, I don’t have the link myself, but it is a few pages back in this thread, it came up about the time that we were all discussing how Zmodeler had come down in price, but you do need the plugin in Blender in order to open Renderwear.dff files.

Posted: 02 January 2013 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 704 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-17
GreyMouser69 - 31 October 2012 07:25 AM

YAY, a little bit of google-fu and I was able to find a free solution for importing dff files into blender!  I searched for “gtatools for blender” which lead me to a site in japanese, but it looks like it was released/updated 08-12-2012 so very recent.  Be aware, the imports can take a few seconds/min during which time windows might think blender has become “unresponsive” but just wait it out and poof there it is.  You still have to go through and delete all the extra junk that comes in but that is pretty easy to do via the scene pane.  This ONLY works with dff files but there are tons of them out there to download for free!

As for there only being one wheel on conversion, from what I can see in blender, the whole model consists of “dummy” objects most of which contain both the real object and the collision object.  The wheels all have dummy objects but only one of them has an actual wheel object in the few I have opened up so far.

Now I just need to learn a bit more about blender so that I can duplicate & place all the wheels in their proper places prior to exporting it as an obj.  I’m not sure if the “dummy” objects are anything to worry about since they don’t seem to have any textures or anything…

Okay, this is how I found the gta tools for Blender, I had to do a search for it, but I did find it, as said earlier, you do need a plugin for .dff files to open in Blender.

Posted: 02 January 2013 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 705 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2012-11-16
music2u4u - 02 January 2013 06:45 AM

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=522492

the 0.9.2 works fine in blender 2.65a, it imported that ford fine except with only one wheel, lol.

47 of 100