Digital Art Zone

37 of 100
CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK II
Posted: 21 November 2012 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 541 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1656
Joined  2010-09-17

To all my US Friends and relatives, have a Happy Thanksgiving, here Sue n Johnny spend Thanksgiving Eve at Dick’s Diner, here they are with their “his n hers” Chevy’s!

Image Attachments
thanksgiving_eve_at_dicks_diner00.jpg

Posted: 21 November 2012 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 542 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  369
Joined  2003-10-09

Happy Thanksgiving

Signature 

Old Posts: 2913
The person who makes no mistakes usually doesn’t make anything—-Edward J. Phelps

Posted: 22 November 2012 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 543 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2012-11-16

Happy Thanksgiving.

Image Attachments
Estate_Wagon_Final.jpg

Posted: 22 November 2012 05:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 544 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1904
Joined  0
RNR_DV8 - 22 November 2012 06:53 AM

Happy Thanksgiving.

Cool!

grin

Signature 

I am not this way because I am a musician, I am a musician because I am this way.

old posts: 10,322 Daz member since Build 1

Freebie Challenge Rules! - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/286/

Posted: 23 November 2012 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 545 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0

Here are some renders of the 54 Chevy Wagon. I was a little disappointed in a few things. One, the back right door window is missing. That sux big! Also, the rear gate door and window are not in a zero default position. The point of origin is not on the hinges like it should be. You have to rotate them and then move them back and forth and up and down to position them in an open position. It took a while to do that. Then to get them back to the closed position, again you have to work with them. The dials should say zero in the closed position, but they don’t. When I zero the tailgate, it ends up in the front seat, just like some of the GTA cars…hmmm…nah! Anyway, I just posed them open, saved it, then posed them closed, and saved it. That way, I can use whichever I want. Still a big hastle though. The hood does not open and there is no engine. Also all the chrome rendered black and when rendered with the paint that came with it, the exterior green came out light blue. Not good.

I also googled 1954 Chevrolet Wagon images, and it gave me tons of them. Not one single car had the chrome strips over the windows nor under the windows. The ones that stop at the back doors, not sure why he put these strips on. There are no strips there on any car I looked at. Not one!

All else is ok. All in all, I would give this car about a 5 on a scale of one to ten.

grin

Image Attachments
1954ChevyWagonDaz1.jpg1954ChevyWagonDaz2.jpg1954ChevyWagonDaz3.jpg
 Signature 

I am not this way because I am a musician, I am a musician because I am this way.

Posted: 24 November 2012 10:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 546 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0

Here is a GTA car that is a cross between a 1992 Chevy Caprice and a 1957 Chevy Nomad. It looks very cool. The detail is awesome on the engine and interior. The side mirrors have road reflections in them even.

grin

Image Attachments
1992ChevyCapriceNomadDaz1.jpg1992ChevyCapriceNomadDaz2.jpg1992ChevyCapriceNomadDaz3.jpg1992ChevyCapriceNomadDaz4.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 26 November 2012 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 547 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1656
Joined  2010-09-17
music2u4u - 23 November 2012 04:48 PM

Here are some renders of the 54 Chevy Wagon. I was a little disappointed in a few things. One, the back right door window is missing. That sux big! Also, the rear gate door and window are not in a zero default position. The point of origin is not on the hinges like it should be. You have to rotate them and then move them back and forth and up and down to position them in an open position. It took a while to do that. Then to get them back to the closed position, again you have to work with them. The dials should say zero in the closed position, but they don’t. When I zero the tailgate, it ends up in the front seat, just like some of the GTA cars…hmmm…nah! Anyway, I just posed them open, saved it, then posed them closed, and saved it. That way, I can use whichever I want. Still a big hastle though. The hood does not open and there is no engine. Also all the chrome rendered black and when rendered with the paint that came with it, the exterior green came out light blue. Not good.

I also googled 1954 Chevrolet Wagon images, and it gave me tons of them. Not one single car had the chrome strips over the windows nor under the windows. The ones that stop at the back doors, not sure why he put these strips on. There are no strips there on any car I looked at. Not one!

All else is ok. All in all, I would give this car about a 5 on a scale of one to ten.

grin

Yeah, I found out about the right rear door window, must be this guy is getting in a hurry, as for positioning the back gate, you need to actually highlight the whole car, the way you do that is either through the scene tab or, simply click on it in the drop down list under the perameters tab, that will open up the “other” dials in the perameters, and allows you to steer the front wheels, open and close doors, including the rear gate, this is something I discovered awhile back.

Image Attachments
ScreenShot026.jpgScreenShot028.jpg

Posted: 26 November 2012 11:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 548 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  566
Joined  2004-11-04

Truck and trailer I made. Tons of detail under the hood and through-out. Rendered in DAZ Studio 3

Image Attachments
RT8.jpg
 Signature 

DZ FIRE’S
MASTER MODELS

Click HERE to get started.
Facebook

Posted: 27 November 2012 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 549 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2010-12-04

asking if i should keep working on this one

Image Attachments
trike.jpg

Posted: 27 November 2012 06:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 550 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  369
Joined  2003-10-09

Looks as if you’ve got a good start

Signature 

Old Posts: 2913
The person who makes no mistakes usually doesn’t make anything—-Edward J. Phelps

Posted: 27 November 2012 08:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 551 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0
simpleplanning - 27 November 2012 06:29 AM

asking if i should keep working on this one

Hel Yes!

grin

Signature 

Posted: 27 November 2012 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 552 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0
DzFire - 26 November 2012 11:17 PM

Truck and trailer I made. Tons of detail under the hood and through-out. Rendered in DAZ Studio 3

A perfect render for a farm setting. Just awesome.

grin

Signature 

Posted: 27 November 2012 08:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 553 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0
betsy662 - 26 November 2012 05:51 PM
music2u4u - 23 November 2012 04:48 PM

grin

Yeah, I found out about the right rear door window, must be this guy is getting in a hurry, as for positioning the back gate, you need to actually highlight the whole car, the way you do that is either through the scene tab or, simply click on it in the drop down list under the perameters tab, that will open up the “other” dials in the perameters, and allows you to steer the front wheels, open and close doors, including the rear gate, this is something I discovered awhile back.

I’ll try that. Thanks.

It’s still a really cool car.

grin

Signature 

Posted: 27 November 2012 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 554 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0

Here’s a 1972 Chevrolet El Camino SS 454….4 speed!

This turned out pretty nice.

grin

Image Attachments
1972ChevyElCaminoSS454Daz1.jpg1972ChevyElCaminoSS454Daz2.jpg1972ChevyElCaminoSS454Daz3.jpg1972ChevyElCaminoSS454Daz4.jpg1972ChevyElCaminoSS454Daz5.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 27 November 2012 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 555 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2012-11-16
DzFire - 26 November 2012 11:17 PM

Wow!!! Extraordinary!

37 of 100