28 of 100
CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK II
Posted: 01 November 2012 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 406 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1905
Joined  0
Ivy - 01 November 2012 08:05 AM

one i did of Elle Driver AKA The Black Mamba from the movie Kill Bill Vol II & a Harley Custom

Welcome to our little garage Ivy. She looks real good, like a biker chick should!

grin

Signature 

I am not this way because I am a musician, I am a musician because I am this way.

old posts: 10,322 Daz member since Build 1

Freebie Challenge Rules! - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/286/

Posted: 01 November 2012 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 407 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1656
Joined  2010-09-17

No it didn’t, I’m using shaders, that 56 looks great, I also downloaded that one, I believe we are going to have some fun with these cars, finally, Finally! we have a very nice mesh for a 55 Chevy, finally! And a 56!

Image Attachments
sue_s_55.jpg

Posted: 01 November 2012 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 408 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2005-11-18

Whee, here’s the 67 “goat” I’ve been working on today.  All assembled now I just need to learn some basic rigging in studio 4.5 to set the hood, trunk, doors & wheels properly.  Something strange happened to the front seats at render time making them look huge, I’m not sure but it might be the settings for the glass on the windshield acting like a magnifying glass or something…  But overall a very nice clean mesh with all the parts fitting quite nicely such as hood, trunk, doors, etc.  This should work quite well once I learn the proper rigging for them.

I used the old super shine top coat shader settings for the body and some chrome & glass ones I’ve had around forever in the appropriate places.  Click for full size of course, rendered at 720p res 16x9.

Image Attachments
67GTO_Test.png

Posted: 01 November 2012 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 409 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  241
Joined  2003-10-09

How about a 1968 Barracuda. Rendered in Poser Pro 2012.

Hey everyone, your all doing a great job with these conversion. Glad too see people doing these now instead of just me. Sure hope your having as much fun doing them as I am. I think I’ll go bad and do the Hudson Hornet in stork version

Image Attachments
1968_Barracuda.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2012 06:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 410 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-17
Cherokee - 01 November 2012 05:23 PM

Hey everyone, your all doing a great job with these conversion. Glad too see people doing these now instead of just me. Sure hope your having as much fun doing them as I am. I think I’ll go bad and do the Hudson Hornet in stork version

Oh believe me, I know I am, and I’m sure that everyone else is too, very glad to be doing these conversions.

Posted: 01 November 2012 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 411 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-17
GreyMouser69 - 01 November 2012 03:09 PM

Whee, here’s the 67 “goat” I’ve been working on today.  All assembled now I just need to learn some basic rigging in studio 4.5 to set the hood, trunk, doors & wheels properly.  Something strange happened to the front seats at render time making them look huge, I’m not sure but it might be the settings for the glass on the windshield acting like a magnifying glass or something…  But overall a very nice clean mesh with all the parts fitting quite nicely such as hood, trunk, doors, etc.  This should work quite well once I learn the proper rigging for them.

I used the old super shine top coat shader settings for the body and some chrome & glass ones I’ve had around forever in the appropriate places.  Click for full size of course, rendered at 720p res 16x9.

Looks pretty good, however, you needed to delete the DAM files, you can make those show up in Blender by pressing alt.+H.

Posted: 01 November 2012 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 412 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-11-18
betsy662 - 01 November 2012 06:24 PM

Looks pretty good, however, you needed to delete the DAM files, you can make those show up in Blender by pressing alt.+H.

Hmm, ok I’m not sure I understand completely.  Do I do this right after importing the dff?  And where do I see them in blender?  I thought I had done a decent enough job removing all the excess junk but I’m sure there could have been things I missed.  Blender is still a learning/re-learning process for me since it has been a couple years since I messed with anything like this.

Posted: 01 November 2012 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 413 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-17

Once you have the car in Blender, yes, you press the alt+H at the same time, that will open the dam files.

Posted: 01 November 2012 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 414 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0
betsy662 - 01 November 2012 01:15 PM

No it didn’t, I’m using shaders, that 56 looks great, I also downloaded that one, I believe we are going to have some fun with these cars, finally, Finally! we have a very nice mesh for a 55 Chevy, finally! And a 56!

Yup…we sure are. Here is another I did earlier. A 1969 Camaro Z28. I have some original Chevy Ralley wheels that I am going to swap these out with to get that stock Chevy look. Also gonna hot rod that 56 up with some nice wheels.

grin

Image Attachments
1969CamaroZ28Daz1.jpg1969CamaroZ28Daz2.jpg1969CamaroZ28Daz3.jpg
 Signature 

I am not this way because I am a musician, I am a musician because I am this way.

Posted: 01 November 2012 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 415 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0

It almost looks like the seats are just not all the way down to the floor, like floating. Then it could be that the windshield has a reflection texture that is actually a picture of the interior, that may be sized up too big, shrink it down or better yet delete it. You don’t need it anyway.

All these cars have hidden damage files for when they wreck in GTA. They are listed as “dam” files and you can right click and delete them in ZModeler once you open the heiarchy tree to the right of the viewport. Don’t know about Blender, but I am sure they are listed. Delete them, you don’t need them unless you are going to render a wrecked car…lol.

grin

Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2012 08:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 416 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0
Cherokee - 01 November 2012 05:23 PM

SWEEEEEEEET! Love the green!

Image Attachments
1968_Barracuda.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 02 November 2012 02:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 417 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-17
music2u4u - 01 November 2012 07:59 PM

It almost looks like the seats are just not all the way down to the floor, like floating. Then it could be that the windshield has a reflection texture that is actually a picture of the interior, that may be sized up too big, shrink it down or better yet delete it. You don’t need it anyway.

All these cars have hidden damage files for when they wreck in GTA. They are listed as “dam” files and you can right click and delete them in ZModeler once you open the heiarchy tree to the right of the viewport. Don’t know about Blender, but I am sure they are listed. Delete them, you don’t need them unless you are going to render a wrecked car…lol.

grin

Actually, they are extra seats, probably DAM files, they need to be deleted, they will be left in place if you export the obj out of Blender without removing them, they will show up in DS, I found that out with the Model A, it had a completely wrecked truck underneath the other perfect truck, so what I did was pulled it back into Blender, the .dff file that is, then I read the instructions on how to use the addon a little closer, with the whole car highlighted in Blender, you hit the alt+H keys, and it will show the DAM files, allowing you to remove them, ie. delete them.

Image Attachments
ScreenShot015.jpgScreenShot016.jpg

Posted: 02 November 2012 02:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 418 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-17

Heres a few that I converted tonight, I got caught up in some excitement, for some reason I couldn’t get the 56 Nomad to work, might be a problem on my end, or I ended up with a corrupt download, I did get the 56 Bel-Air downloaded, but didn’t get it shaded yet, so have no renders of it yet, but the 63 Impala 4 door, and yes, it does have the SS package, as in 1962 and 63, you could order the SS package on any of the full size Chevrolet’s.

Then there is the 59 Biscayne, one of my favorite configurations of the 59 Chevy, and of course, the 56 Safari wagon.

Image Attachments
some_cool_cars.jpg56_Safari.jpg63_impala.jpg30_Ford.jpg

Posted: 02 November 2012 03:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 419 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  369
Joined  2003-10-09

OK gonna get to play I hope
Finally got the GTA Tools for Blender installed had to reinstall an older version of Blender to get them to work as the newest version won’t recognize them

Signature 

Old Posts: 2913
The person who makes no mistakes usually doesn’t make anything—-Edward J. Phelps

Posted: 02 November 2012 05:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 420 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-11-18
Robert Freise - 02 November 2012 03:00 AM

OK gonna get to play I hope
Finally got the GTA Tools for Blender installed had to reinstall an older version of Blender to get them to work as the newest version won’t recognize them

Then you found the wrong one Robert.  The first one I found wouldn’t run in newer blender versions then I found the one on the Japanese site that was released in August which works perfectly in 2.64a.  Here is the link for the ones I’m using in 2.64a.  (Link uses google translate to translate the page from Japanese to English)

28 of 100