1 of 2
New Freebie:  Multi Purpose Shuttle MPS 2A “Beaver”
Posted: 26 June 2012 07:31 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2005-11-18

Hello Community,

here comes my first new entry after DAZ`s big site rework:

A model of a modular SF Space Shuttle in basic version. (Modules are still to come…)

There are versions for .obj, Carrara, Bryce and Vue so far.  DS / Poser version is in work (my very first prop ever wink ) but I `ll need a little time to get familiar with material settings and the like…

Highly detailed cockpit with holoscreens, controls, seats,  options to have it flying (hyperdrive or sublight drive or both) or landed, open or closed airlocks and more…
Please refer the respective readme files for best rendering results.

Download links (ShareCG):

Obj version = http://www.sharecg.com/v/63187/browse/5/3D-Model/Multi-Purpose-Shuttle-MPS2A-Beaver-.obj-version

Bryce version = http://www.sharecg.com/v/63190/browse/5/3D-Model/Multi-Purpose-Shuttle-MPS2A-Beaver-(Bryce-vers).

Carrara version = http://www.sharecg.com/v/63188/browse/5/3D-Model/Multi-Purpose-Shuttle-MPS2A-Beaver-(Carrara)

Vue version = http://www.sharecg.com/v/63189/browse/5/3D-Model/Multi-Purpose-Shuttle-MPS2A-Beaver-(Vue-version)

Edit: here the link to the UV template if someone needs his own custom design:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/63261/browse/6/Texture/UV-Template-for-Shuttle-MPS-2A-Beaver

Free for private and commercial renders, but not for further distribution of the files. The model and maps may be modified for your individual needs.
Have fun!

Image Attachments
MPS_2A_Beaver_01.jpg
MPS_2A_Beaver_02.jpg
MPS_2A_Beaver_03.jpg
 Signature 

may love and light and force restore the plan on earth

Posted: 26 June 2012 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  296
Joined  2003-10-09

This looks SO retro it’s UBER cool! Think there might be an interior in the works??

Signature 

Disrupting trains of thought since…. ohhh shiney!

Posted: 26 June 2012 09:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  304
Joined  2003-10-09

Nicely done!  Thnx for this and check your PM’s/email.

Posted: 26 June 2012 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4762
Joined  2012-04-07

Thank you very much grin

Signature 

Posted: 26 June 2012 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2003-10-09

Great ship!!!  Very Thunderbird-ish wink

And thanks

Posted: 26 June 2012 02:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1278
Joined  2008-03-30

owo, new shiny’s she is a lovely piece of work and thank you. smile

Signature 

[Join the little green box collection party!]
Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 26 June 2012 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2278
Joined  2003-12-06

Very nice! I spotted the Bryce version in Renderosity’s freestuff just tonight, and really wished there was a D|S version. Now I know there will be one, I’m looking forward to it.

How much of an interior will there be, beyond the cockpit and what we can see inside the airlock door?

Nearly forgot to ask, will you be setting it up for D|S3 or D|S4? A lot of us still use 3, and some people can’t use 4 for one reason or another, or just plain can’t work with the clunky user interface. If you make it for 3, though, it will work in 4 with no problems.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 26 June 2012 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4619
Joined  2004-07-01

thanks - will wait for the DS 4 model .

Posted: 26 June 2012 09:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-11-18

Thank you in return @all grin

For a brief history: this model is just a (time eating) w.i.p. with my german home 3D forum “Active Rendering”. It is intended to become a modular ship which may carry a variety of payload-, lab- or med-modules as well as a bigger hyperdrive module for long distance scout missions. There will come a modified military version and different texture maps, too. 
In this first basic variation the details just concentrate on cockpit, inner airlocks with separate windows and a room behind with few ctrl panels. I decided to follow some requests for a Poser variation, after the model was already finished, so there will be no rigged / morphing parts. (I would have to rebuild bigger areas of the model for that)
As, like said, this is my first Poser/DS prop ever, I first will have to make peace with the material nodes a.s.o. - still a “virgin world” for me wink
I just own DS4 pro, so I think the best way may be finishing it as a Poser file which can be read by Studio…

Signature 

Posted: 27 June 2012 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2007-04-25

thanks for sharing
I like your detailed model of a space craft

nice days and nice renders
atoxic

Posted: 27 June 2012 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2797
Joined  2004-10-25

Love it, and am downloading the OBJ version as we speak.  I look forward to the Poser version as well.  I have both DS 3A and DS 4A/4P (haven’t installed on my newish laptop yet and can’t decide which to go with), so the Poser version will come in handy for either or both versions of DS.  grin

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 27 June 2012 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2278
Joined  2003-12-06
spacebones - 26 June 2012 09:03 PM

I just own DS4 pro, so I think the best way may be finishing it as a Poser file which can be read by Studio…

That would be ideal, even better if you could include D|S materials settings (since Poser materials work with varying degrees of plastic-looking-ness in D|S). Also bear in mind that the last couple of versions of Poser save objects in which the morph dials won’t work in D|S. Which Poser version will you be using to save with? I’d hate to have a pretty little ship like that and not be able to open the airlock to let my characters in.  wink

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 27 June 2012 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-11-18

I `ve got Poser 9 and that is the same “terra incognita” to me as DS - like I mentioned above, this will be my first prop ever. So there are no morphs and no rigging at all. I did not have that in mind when I finished the model, rather wanted a mesh for smooth animation, yet having lots of detail. Therefor I had to weld several parts to same shading domains / material groups.  I`d have to build nearly everything anew from scratch for morph targets or so.
I know about possible troubles with shaders between Poser and DS… wink

Signature 

Posted: 29 June 2012 04:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-11-18

Just added the UV template (4096 x 4096. .jpg) and a b/w masking layer for easy retexturing, if someone wants to make some custom textures… wink
See last link above in the opening post.

Signature 

Posted: 21 July 2012 09:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30

It should be easy to import the OBJ in DAZ Studio. You’d have to manually add the textures, save as DSA for your convenience, and as a DAZ-file for quick-load of the prop. It’s a nice piece of work and looks very good.

Posted: 22 July 2012 12:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  75
Joined  2009-06-11
Norse Graphics - 21 July 2012 09:10 PM

It should be easy to import the OBJ in DAZ Studio. You’d have to manually add the textures, save as DSA for your convenience, and as a DAZ-file for quick-load of the prop. It’s a nice piece of work and looks very good.

Unfortunately Importing the OBJ version brings the model in as a single object block, so you can’t hide the landing gear, or open the hatches by hiding them either.
I did have somewhat better success with the Carrara version, by exporting it as a DAZ COLLADA file then importing that into Studio 3.
It came in with all the various sub parts intact, and materials applied. Just had to tweak the transparency on some of the materials (Viewport, screens, and Engine effects) and rescale it to 600% to make it fit Poser People. Oh and adjusted the smoothing angle on the hull and hatches to cure some “bulges” and “bends”

1 of 2