21 of 53
mcjTeleBlender:Daz Studio scenes/animations w/Blender’s Cycles Engine
Posted: 21 April 2013 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 301 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2304
Joined  2006-01-19
tofusan - 21 April 2013 12:49 AM

There is also a method of selectively using 3 HDRI in the World node.
It’s easy with LightPath. smile

it looks great and i think i understand the node graph!

one thing that adds realism is how the car’s windows and interior look through them , with some soft shadowing inside the car

Posted: 22 April 2013 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 302 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  181
Joined  2003-10-09

Tofusan,

Can you post and label the images (small versions) that you used in your example, please?  It will help us get a better understanding of how your nodes are being used.

Posted: 22 April 2013 06:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 303 ]
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2009-05-26
nakamuram002 - 22 April 2013 05:00 PM

Tofusan,

Can you post and label the images (small versions) that you used in your example, please?  It will help us get a better understanding of how your nodes are being used.

Hi, Nakamuram.
These are the images I used in the sample car. These images are available for free in hdrlabs.com.
http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/archive.html
I have used is “Charleston Sunset”. I used to flip horizontally some images. Therefore, I set -1.0 to Y Scale in the Mapping node.

Image Attachments
hdrvfx_chanc_1_n1_v3_3k_Bg_S.jpghdrvfx_chanc_1_n1_v3_3k_Env.jpghdrvfx_chanc_1_n1_v3_3k_Ref.jpg

Posted: 22 April 2013 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 304 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks Tofusan!!  Now I can understand better.

Posted: 26 April 2013 07:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 305 ]
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2009-05-26

Hello, Casual.
I want to change a little to mcjBlendBot. Because, it is to get more realistic reflection . Fresnel can be exploited to express the reflection realistic. I use it with Glossy it often. In addition, I want to be able to also convert Opacity.
I have made changes to mcjMakeCyclesNodes.py. I think If you obtained your permission, I want to publish it. Or, so I will send you the source that I have changed, I want you to adopt it if it seems reasonable.

Image Attachments
car01.jpgcar02.jpgcar03.jpg

Posted: 28 April 2013 01:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 306 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19

i got the free Look-At-My-Hair Player from http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/21241/#314118

and downloaded the hair preset named Short Side Hair by TheSpisis

from http://www.furrythings.com/presets/

i created the missing folders as discussed in http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/21241/#314118

i loaded Aiko5, selected her head, went in the LMAH-Player panel

loaded the short hair preset

for the 5 or 6 material groups, i divided by 10 the number of hair ( maybe that was too harsh )

and halved the “complexity” setting

then exported this as .obj files, using the Player’s exporter

deleted the LMAH hair

imported the .obj files from the previous step

“manually” applied the texture image associated with each .obj

exported to blender using mcjTeleblender

added a big block of light (emissive)

rendered with cycles

Image Attachments
renlmah.jpg

Posted: 29 April 2013 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 307 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  262
Joined  2010-07-08

Blender 2.67 will support nodes for Luxrender 1.3.  I was wondering if it will be possible now to make a conversion script for this since DS has Luxrender settings via Luxus.

Posted: 29 April 2013 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 308 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19
daveleitz68 - 29 April 2013 12:17 PM

Blender 2.67 will support nodes for Luxrender 1.3.  I was wondering if it will be possible now to make a conversion script for this since DS has Luxrender settings via Luxus.

i’ll read about it eventually - i didnt eveb get around to know what Luxus is smile

i suspect that transfering node structures from one environment to another has irs share of issues

when i get time to get back to TeleBlender i’d kike to improve things for Carrara

( maybe fix Collada related issues )

Posted: 02 May 2013 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 309 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

daveleitz68,

Is it true that Blender 2.67 Cycles will support Lux Render Nodes?  If so, you might ask the authors of LUXUS and Reality to support Blender in addition to LuxRender.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/21492/

Posted: 22 May 2013 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 310 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  691
Joined  2008-02-22
Casual - 14 April 2013 01:43 PM

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

McjTeleblender 2 has arrived and will have its own web page

the old mcjTeleblender will remain where it is

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts3/mcjteleblender2

What’s new

This new version of mcjTeleblender and mcjBlendBot includes these additional features

- compatible with Blender 2.66.3 and up ( was also tested on 2.66a and 2.66.5

- the Tiling settings of the Daz Studio materials are conveyed to Blender

- the Bump map strengths of Daz Studio’s materials are carried over to Blender ( Blender Bump Strength = ( DS Max - DS Min ) * DS Strength )

- If two identical figures or two identical props are in the Daz Studio Scene, and mcjTeleBlender’s
  “Rename Nodes” option is enabled, the two figures wont be mistakenly welded together in Blender

- There’s now a button to set all those mcjTeleblender settings to a default state

- There’s an extremely secret backdoor mode, available for the nerdy crew

Quick question…does this overwrite all of the old version scripts and files, or do I have to manually find/delete them and then load these?  Thanks for the update!

EDIT: forget it, I was able to get it all updated.  Unfortunately, I updated to Blender 2.67a, and I am not getting anything working right now.  Still working on it though…

Signature 

+800 or so old forum posts, just so you know I’m not a newb!  tongue laugh

Posted: 22 May 2013 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 311 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2003-10-09
3doutlaw - 22 May 2013 09:57 AM

Quick question…does this overwrite all of the old version scripts and files, or do I have to manually find/delete them and then load these?  Thanks for the update!

EDIT: forget it, I was able to get it all updated.  Unfortunately, I updated to Blender 2.67a, and I am not getting anything working right now.  Still working on it though…

Everything working fine at my end using D|S 4.6 and Blender 2.67a

No GPU crash like before

Posted: 23 May 2013 02:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 312 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19
3doutlaw - 22 May 2013 09:57 AM

the python-script files which are in the package called “mcjBlendBot2.zip”
go in the C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.67\scripts\modules folder

the Daz Studio script(s) are to be unzipped in a Daz Content folder

usually the programs to extract/unzip the files will over-wrote existing foles of the same name, and sometimes alert you to the fact that over-writing will occur

once i’m done with the Aiko3 clothes i’ll get back to mcjTeleblender, because i noticed there’s oddities related to material banes ( for example when many objects with the sam names exist in the scene )

Image Attachments
work.jpg

Posted: 23 May 2013 07:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 313 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-02-22

OK, thanks, I have it working now.  I also figured out why my camera never matched the camera in DS.  In the doc’s for the Scale% it says the default is 1, but the screenshots had 2…so I had set mine at 2, since I only skimmed through that section of the docs quickly and took what was in the picture.

Do you know if it is possible to setup something like a “shadowcatcher” ground plane in DS -> Blender, or just in Blender after importing from DS?

Signature 

Posted: 23 May 2013 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 314 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19
3doutlaw - 23 May 2013 07:35 AM

OK, thanks, I have it working now.  I also figured out why my camera never matched the camera in DS.  In the doc’s for the Scale% it says the default is 1, but the screenshots had 2…so I had set mine at 2, since I only skimmed through that section of the docs quickly and took what was in the picture.

Do you know if it is possible to setup something like a “shadowcatcher” ground plane in DS -> Blender, or just in Blender after importing from DS?

there must be a shadowcatcher system in Blender

i didn’t search for it yet, last time i needed shadows, i placed a white plane under my character and rendered this

then i used photoshop to isolate the shadows, then overlaid this onto my render of that scene without the white plane

it was for the Louis XVish chair i think ...

.... there this video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU-YhDh1r1k

( i youtube searched : blender cycles shadow catcher

Image Attachments
fakesjadows.jpg

Posted: 23 May 2013 08:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 315 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-02-22

Hmmm…it appears that I will have to use a workaround like that.  Here is a bugtracker event that was closed as rejected, even though the comments say that it will be looked at in 2.67? 

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498&aid=34272&group_id=9

Signature 

21 of 53