Digital Art Zone

12 of 41
mcjTeleBlender - render Daz Strudio scenes and animations using Blender’s Cycles Render Engine
Posted: 25 February 2013 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 166 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1911
Joined  2006-01-19
kitakoredaz - 25 February 2013 11:35 AM

..... “tears” . . .  Tear more transparent . . .opacity,

. . .  some texture missed

the way mcjTeleblender treats transparency : you can make something transparent in Daz Studio and in Blender by applying a black texture image to the Opacity-Strength channel of the surface. if you make it dark-gray, then it;s a bit less transparent.

if you want to have a mirror effect, apply a texture (any texture it doesn’t matter) to the Reflection-Color channel of that surface

about missing textures : sometimes when image-textures used on a figure are in PNG format, Daz Studio’s exporter ( which is controlled by mcjTeleblender ) makes the error of listing it them as JPG images in the exported .mtl file. So later on, when Blender looks for that JPG image it cant be found.

One way to get around this is to turn ON the “Collect Images” option of mcjTeleblender, this way Daz’s exporter will create a .JPG version of all images.and places them in a folder named “Maps”

——-

for eye corneas i built a material as shown below : a mix shader between a transparent shader and a sharp-glossy shader , then i place a bright object in the sky, far away, and i get the eye glints.

then i used the material library trick explained in the mcjTeleblender manual. So i have a material preset for the corneas which is easy to re-use

Image Attachments
eyeeye.pngsaveme.jpg

Posted: 25 February 2013 07:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 167 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19
StratDragon - 25 February 2013 01:13 PM

..... eyes on V4 came out white .....
..... Camera values below 65mm did not appear to translate to the export from Studio to Blender .. .. .. .
..... with the horizontal and vertical tiles .......
...... Studio lights or should I use Blender lights, this will be an interior shot, I would like to use light sources in lamps and ceilings
• How do you use Blender lights?

eyes—daz studio can make surfaces of the eye transparent by setting the opacity to 0%, but due to the method used to transfer the scene to Blender this was not possible. So to make something transparent, apply a fully-black image to the Opacity-Strength of the surface

cameras—in the image below, i used a 35mm camera in daz studio and the result is correct in Blender
note that you must check-mark the “export current daz camera” check-box. Also, mcjTeleblender has a “Scale factor” setting which should be set to 1

tiling—here again, since i use obj/mtl files to transfer the scene and it doesn’t support tiling, the best i could do was to provide a texture coordinates block in Blender for any channel which includes an image map/texture, so you have to manually set the x and y uh “Scales” in the texture coordinates node/panel

lights - the daz lights are exported as point lights with a strength of 100 i think, it takes some experimentation to get acceptable results, personally i export the scenes without lights - then in blender i Add planes and make their surface emissive, and i almost always use a world environment map i took from http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/archive/ - the ones in “equirectangular” format. then i render the scene.

If the lighting setup and decor are good, i delete the figures and objects and save this as a blend file. Next time, in mcjTeleblender i use the “Scene File (,blend)” option to reuse that setup

Image Attachments
cameras.jpg

Posted: 25 February 2013 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 168 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19
3drendero - 25 February 2013 01:41 PM
Casual - 24 February 2013 11:48 PM

i know poser can export sequences of numbered .obj files. But for Carrara i don’t know if someone wrote a plugin or script to do it .
else i’ll have to get acquainted with Carrara’s plugin SDK.

Here is a 3$ plugin that export multiple obj files from Carrara for animation, free demo does 10 frames:
http://fenric.com/wordpress/store/products/object-sequence-exporter/

Thank you for trying to get Carrara into Cycles.

thanks!

maybe i’ll try my hand at collada, and add some python code to fix the problems with animated objects (ah the joys of transform matrix’es ...kidding )

Posted: 26 February 2013 01:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 169 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1881
Joined  2012-03-24

Casual,, thank you much many advices ^^;

and sorry to ask setting of blender (I need to more serch by myself ,, ) here.

ah,, and yes,,  I found image was already aplied as jpg in blender material window, but sometimes it is different
(eg,, removed some pattern ) so, I serch and apply original it can work well..

I need to read more your kind “mcjTeleblender manual” 

Posted: 02 March 2013 02:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 170 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2005-10-11

Hi Casual,

please see the PM I just sent to you. =)

Signature 

My YouTube channel 
www.blenderportal.com

Posted: 02 March 2013 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 171 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2006-03-04

Hey Casual,

great work, man. This is seriously upping my Daz Studio game.

is there an update for the mcjblendbot files?

I don’t see the zip for that one listed at the bottom of the site with the rest of the files.

the last version I have is from Oct. 2012.

Now when I try to import into Blender 2.66 (Mac version) I get the spinning beachball and it just hangs.

I’m definitely using the latest Feb. version of the Teleblend to export, so I guessed maybe it was the Blendbot.

Thanks much for any assistance.

Signature 

My 3D site: http://hype3d.com/
My Main Blog: http://hypertransitory.com/

Posted: 02 March 2013 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 172 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19
jgstyle - 02 March 2013 05:40 PM

Hey Casual,

I don’t see the zip for that one listed at the bottom of the site with the rest of the files.

Now when I try to import into Blender 2.66 (Mac version) I get the spinning beachball and it just hangs.

I’m definitely using the latest Feb. version of the Teleblend to export, so I guessed maybe it was the Blendbot.

hi jg

today i added a new script for Carrara users to mcjBlendBot , it’s the same as the october 2012 one, just with an added script.
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/17967/

i’m still using Blender 2.64 but i’ll get 2.66 and see if there’s issues.

you’re saying mcjTeleblender worked on the Macs? i think i tested it on Linux but i didn’t think it worked for Macs

if you could try with a very very simple scene like just 1 primitive-cube we’d know the basics work, then try a cube with a texture-image, then maybe use a shader .... shaders can be a problem.

also note that when i tried rendering Aiko5 , she has too many large texture-images, and they dont fit on my 2GB graphics card, so i had to resize the texture images ... or render with the CPU . sometimes using “tiles” in the renderer settings helps.

... so, i’ll get Blender 2.66 and test it right now

==============================
in unrelated news, rendering RiPoints in 3Delight

Image Attachments
lotsofballs.jpg

Posted: 02 March 2013 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 173 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19

Hey Casual,

oh i just thought of something ... when you installed the new Blender 2.66 maybe the blendbot files needed to be unzipped in its scripts/modules folder. or in mcjTeleblender you may need to re-set the path to Blender if it changed

Posted: 02 March 2013 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 174 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19

ok i tried it, and indeed with 2.66 it’s not working, Blender opens with an empty scene

but that’s normal, if i look in

C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.66\scripts\modules

there’s no mcjBlendBot files since they are not installed

so i copy them from the folder

C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.64\scripts\modules

( all the files with names starting in “mcj” )

and ... testing ...

it works ! yay

oops ... not so fast ... there seem to be a problem with the “World” environment

but the scene is loaded and rendering

doesn’t seem like a major problem but the World/Background image doesnt seem to be applied with blender 2.66

oops strike that ... they still work !

( i told mcjTeleblender not to use a world environment ... and that’s exactly what it did )

Posted: 02 March 2013 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 175 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-03-04

Hey Casual,

yeah it definitely worked on Mac, I’ve been using it for a few months now. the below image as rendered out of Blender 2.63 (I know I screwed up the particle hair lol)

But it never would open the scene and render it, which is how I preferred it anyway. I would just run the script myself from inside Blender. But I had to put all the blendbot files into the Mac script directory -the path you mention for Windows of course would not be viable.

The last version it successfully worked in was 2.64, from 2.65 up it will just hang as soon as I run the script until I force quit the program.

Blender must have changed something after 2.64 in the Mac version to cause the script to fail.

No worries, though. I can always use 2.64 to load the scene, then just save it and re-open it in 2.66 to take advantage of the new features.

Thanks for your help.

Image Attachments
life-taker-ELF-FACE.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 02 March 2013 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 176 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19
jgstyle - 02 March 2013 06:46 PM

Hey Casual,

yeah it definitely worked on Mac, I’ve been using it for a few months now. the below image as rendered out of Blender 2.63 (I know I screwed up the particle hair lol)

But it never would open the scene and render it, which is how I preferred it anyway. I would just run the script myself from inside Blender. But I had to put all the blendbot files into the Mac script directory -the path you mention for Windows of course would not be viable.

The last version it successfully worked in was 2.64, from 2.65 up it will just hang as soon as I run the script until I force quit the program.

Blender must have changed something after 2.64 in the Mac version to cause the script to fail.

No worries, though. I can always use 2.64 to load the scene, then just save it and re-open it in 2.66 to take advantage of the new features.

Thanks for your help.

welcome

great render she looks like she could fit in BladeRunner smile

so after i installed the blendbot scripts ( which are exactly the ones on my google site ) it all seems to work

——-

if you open the python script using wordpad or notepad you’ll see it’s not hard to figure what’s going on

see below

mcjBlendBot.setGloss0.1.25 )
mcjBlendBot.setRenderEngine"CYCLES" )
mcjBlendBot.setImageSize1280720 )
mcjBlendBot.setCyclesSettings"EXPERIMENTAL""GPU""CUDA"200 )
mcjBlendBot.setSmoothTrue )
mcjBlendBot.setEdgeSplitTrue )
mcjBlendBot.addCamera( -5.176, -19.3191.16590, -15, -10517.897 )
mcjBlendBot.setOutLocAndType"C:/TeleBlender/greenplates/amydoofour/amygi""PNG" )
mcjBlendBot.loadfix"C:/TeleBlender/dazmirrors.obj""CYCLESMATS""C:/matLib.blend"True )
mcjBlendBot.setEnvTex"C:/TeleBlender/Maps/Ditch-River_TMap_4K.jpg")
mcjBlendBot.setHorizonColor1111.0 

you could delete everything from that except the line that loads the .obj scene file :
then re-add each one of the other lines, untill it starts refusing to load

mcjBlendBot.loadfix"C:/TeleBlender/dazmirrors.obj""CYCLESMATS""C:/matLib.blend"True 

Image Attachments
ontheroad.jpg

Posted: 02 March 2013 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 177 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  71
Joined  2003-10-09

everything works in blender 2.66. the only problem i get is the camera position is off

Posted: 02 March 2013 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 178 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19
wallace3d - 02 March 2013 07:07 PM

everything works in blender 2.66. the only problem i get is the camera position is off

in my case the camera seems identical to Daz Studio

it’s more accurate to use 1% as the “Scale %” factor in mcjTeleblender, but it’s not supposed to make the camera look off

——

if you used one of the orthographic cameras Left, Right, Front etc… they wont be transferred correctly

Image Attachments
ondaroaddaz.jpg

Posted: 02 March 2013 07:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 179 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  71
Joined  2003-10-09

i use 2% because everything i build around my daz exports are on a scale of 1 = 0.615 in blender

Posted: 02 March 2013 08:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 180 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-03-04

Hey Casual,

Ok I gave it a shot, but still no go.

I made sure the correct Blender path was set (although I note it was looking for Blender.exe, and not Blender.app for the mac). I don’t think this even matters because the file doesn’t automatically open in Blender anyway.

I tried your suggestion of deleting everything but the loadfix line, too, but there’s still no luck when it comes to importing it into Blender -even with only that line it still hangs. I think there is some setting or preference that is “stuck” somewhere that makes the script output incorrectly now.

At one point I did use a blend file for materials, and ever since that point it would always add that particular file to the script, even though I had “process materials” set to Cycles Nodes. I think ever since this point it doesn’t output correctly. There was no way to reset to defaults via the UI, so I ended up editing the preferences of DAZ 4.5 on the Mac, and deleting all references to the script, then I loaded it again and the defaults were back in place.

As a test I opened Blender 2.66 and loaded one of the earlier teleblend exports and it did indeed load fine. Then I went back and tried to load my new scene into Blender 2.64 -it loaded in just fine.

Another test - I went back to Daz 3 and exported a scene from there using the latest script (not my current scene as that is a .duf file).

I opened Blender 2.66, ran the script and the scene imported immediately, although curiously the camera was in the wrong spot as wallace reported. I changed the scale to 1%, re-exported and after that it imported perfectly into Blender 2.66.

It’s always possible there’s just something peculiar with my setup and Daz 4.5. When I get time I might make a fresh account on my Mac, then try loading it from there to see if it works.

For now I’ll just have to keep loading them in 2.64, saving it and re-opening in the latest version. I appreciate you taking the time to test it, though.

Signature 

12 of 41