Digital Art Zone

2 of 53
mcjTeleBlender:Daz Studio scenes/animations w/Blender’s Cycles Engine
Posted: 20 July 2012 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2012-02-14

This script is perfect. As good as reality 10 times faster but free. only down side is it may require al little bit tweaking. But its just a little. I will try to promote this script as much as i can.

I would like to ask if there is a limit for scene file. Today i tried to test a scene whose export obj was about 100mb. İt exported well but blender stopped responding. Also can i send some of my renders here i want people to see how good it is.

Posted: 21 July 2012 08:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Joined  2012-02-14

A render. in blender ı set cornea and tear to transparent added a sun lamp. And just tweak the exposure in photoshop.

Image Attachments
pinup02.jpg

Posted: 31 July 2012 08:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2299
Joined  2006-01-19
Ariaso - 05 July 2012 11:30 PM

Unfortunately, this doesn’t seem to work for me.  If I export the file from DAZ, it will boot Blender, but only give me a grey cube (my default scene), no figure.  Help?

If it’s any help, I installed the scripts in \Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.63\scripts\modules

sorry if i didn’t reply earlier but apparently i don’t get emails from this forum thread

did you solve the problem?

maybe you are using a very old version of Blender - the script was designed for Blender 2.6 and up

also worth checking if the paths specified in mcjTeleblender point to existing folders
for example, in mcjTeleblender’s “Export” section you specify where it can write the obj scene/file
if the specified folder doesn’t exist, mcjTeleblender wont write the obj file When Blender starts
it follows the orders and tries to load a non-existing file, and therefore fails

if your scene contains objects textured with images that don’t exist anymore, that’s another reason
blender may fail to load the scene/file

Posted: 31 July 2012 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19
Bendinggrass - 13 July 2012 10:04 AM

Hello.
This is fascinating.
Which version of Blender is the first to use this new render engine you spoke of?
Thanks.
Randy

sorry if i didn’t reply earlier but apparently i don’t get emails from this forum thread

i developed it while using Blender 2.60 (i think), it was in beta test phase

i currently use it with Blender 2.63, and used it many times with 2.62

so 2.63 is the best bet

as new versions come out i’ll try to maintain compatibility

Posted: 31 July 2012 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19
sbuldan - 20 July 2012 06:04 AM

Hi, sory for writing comment before testing, i think you have used the same for tranparency. But i would like to ask, why sometimes transparency works but sımetimes don’t.

in daz studio, we use a black&white; image for the opacity map
so i make Blender materials that have this image drive the BSDF-transparent material’s opacity

other programs, like blender , can also use the transparency map that is built in some images ( often called the alpha channel or alpha layer )

many PNG files have an opacity channel

so if you apply a given PNG image to the diffuse color channel of a surface, and this PNG happens to have a transparency map,
daz studio wont use the transparency map, but Blender probably will, and the result could be a surface with 2 competing transparency maps

a related topic: for now at least,  the value of Daz Studio’s “opacity strength” channel is not transferred to Blender
so, to get completely transparent surfaces, apply a black image to Daz Studio’s opacity map channel
for partial transparency, use a gray image

Posted: 31 July 2012 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19
sbuldan - 20 July 2012 10:12 AM

This script is perfect. As good as reality 10 times faster but free. only down side is it may require al little bit tweaking. But its just a little. I will try to promote this script as much as i can.

I would like to ask if there is a limit for scene file. Today i tried to test a scene whose export obj was about 100mb. İt exported well but blender stopped responding. Also can i send some of my renders here i want people to see how good it is.

yes there’s limits
it’s due to the fact that the entire scene, including the texture images is transferred to the memory of the graphics card by ‘Cycles’ before rendering

if a render fails the first thing to do is to use mcjTeleBlender’s “collect maps” option
then go in the Maps folder which is located in the same folder as the .obj scene/file
you can then use a paint program to reduce the size of the texture images

if meanwhile you did not close blender,  you can try rendering the scene
or if you did close blender you can use mcjTeleblender, still with the “collect maps” option enabled, and re-try the transfer/render

Posted: 31 July 2012 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19
sbuldan - 21 July 2012 08:03 AM

A render. in blender ı set cornea and tear to transparent added a sun lamp. And just tweak the exposure in photoshop.

i usually apply a completely black image to the opacity channel of the corneas of characters to get them transparent

more recently, (see below), what i do is, i place a very bright sphere in front of the character, but far enough   , so the sphere doesn’t change the lighting of the scene.

then i replace the cornea’s shader with the nodes shown below
a glossy/sharp shader is a pure mirror, her corneas would look like chrome balls
but i mix them with a transparent material
the mix shader with a factor 0f 0.07 makes the mirror effect very weak,
so we cant see the ground and sky and clouds reflection in her eyes
but since the sphere in the sky is so intensely white ( strength 20) , we can see it reflected in her eyes
this usually adds much life to the character

Image Attachments
glint.jpg
glint2.jpg
glint3.jpg

Posted: 01 August 2012 06:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Joined  2012-02-14

thank you for reply its good to hear from you. I was afraid you dropped the project smile

Posted: 01 August 2012 06:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Joined  2012-02-14

Hi yesterday i installed python 2.7.3 yesterday, to see if i can do some scripting myself. But your scripts doesnt seem to work right now. It exports and opens blender file. In 3D view if i choose material i can see preview it renders white and when i open the node editor i can not see any nodes.

Posted: 01 August 2012 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Joined  2012-02-14

Hi this is the screenshot explaning the issue. Also i reinstalled blender to see if the problem would be solved. But it continues.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3294/ekranalntseo.jpg

Posted: 01 August 2012 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Joined  2012-02-14

If i open and empty scene and open the pny in text editor and use run script the scene import as it should. It is very interesting.

Posted: 01 August 2012 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19
sbuldan - 01 August 2012 07:34 AM

Hi this is the screenshot explaning the issue. Also i reinstalled blender to see if the problem would be solved. But it continues.

it’s possible that your default scene, or the one you told mcjTeleBlender to re-use
is set to render in black and white as shown below (first picture)

that’s the render options, in the panel on the right of blender’s screen
you could change it to RGB or RGBA

then using File/Save user settings you can make thi the new default settings/scene

note: if you select RGBA and also check-mark the Film/Transparent checkbox, and save the image in PNG format, the resulting image will have an alpha layer and it will be easy with paintshop / photoshop to overlay it on a different background

Image Attachments
yoda.jpg
yoda2.jpg
yoda3.jpg
karina2x.jpg

Posted: 04 August 2012 04:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Joined  2012-02-14

Hi, thank you for reply. I checked the default scene and the issue is not about the Bw thing. But I can still use your script with the work around, i mentioned before, so its cool.

Posted: 04 August 2012 04:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Joined  2012-02-14

What i wonder know is, since 3dsmax is supporting python scripting, is it would be possible to make phyton scripts to use your daz generated scripts to create vray converted max scenes? Or the daz scripts should be altered, too?

I have no experience in daz scripting nor python scripting. But ihave a background of flash scripting. I bougth a python scripting book and it didnt look harder than acion script.

Posted: 07 August 2012 12:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Joined  2012-02-14

Hi, solved the problem if i use a empty default file BI set. It exports well with out problem.

2 of 53