Digital Art Zone

4 of 4
Genesis Towels by Sickleyield and Marieah WIP [Commercial}
Posted: 04 July 2012 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2010-12-19
SickleYield - 27 June 2012 12:31 PM

Nah, it isn’t fully custom, it’s a pastiche of a couple of V4 and V5 poses.  It’s very easy to make the towel do that, though.  Just bend the handle to -90 degrees and set the same handle’s optional JCM to 100%.

We’ve talked about a pose pack being made and sold separately.  It’s just too much to do for the main product (it’s already got quite a lot of content for us to manage and troubleshoot).

Once I have the towel, I would be willing to make a pose pack for it. smile

Alexa wink

Signature 

Gallery for the Freebie Challenge: http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/FreebieChallenge/
Deviantart: http://nemurenainda.deviantart.com/  (WARNING: copious amounts of anime)

守 (Protector, Mamoru)

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thereby compensating for Moore’s Law.

Posted: 04 July 2012 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2006-09-16

Here’s a render showing some of the dirty textures. To get this effect, one would first apply a toweling and an edging shader, then click a print onto it (pale blue stripes in this case), and then click some dirt onto the selected surfaces.

Image Attachments
Dirty.jpg

Posted: 04 July 2012 02:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-16

I thought you might like to see the material zones and the Prop Towel morphs. You can, of course, combine them for infinite variations.

Image Attachments
Mat.jpg
Propmorphs.jpg

Posted: 04 July 2012 02:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1548
Joined  2009-08-08

Looks Great!

Posted: 04 July 2012 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1078
Joined  2003-11-25

The pose set is coming along nicely.  Marieah’s been using some of them in her promos, I see.  (Big ol’ smiley face here.)  Once I get some promos together for the set, I’ll post them, but it might be a few days. My desktop pc died a few weeks ago and I’m having to do everything on my laptop, which slows the process down a bit. 

But to give you some idea of what I’ve got cooking so far:  about 45 poses for Genesis Basic Female and V5 (6 of those are to place the rubber duck in position in her hands, and another 2 of those are to place the prop towel in a hanging position from either hand); 16 (for the moment, as I’m going to build some more) poses for Genesis Basic Male and M5; and a couple of props (floor scales, pedestal sink, smart prop bar of soap and a regular soap bar prop.)

OK, enough chatter from me.  Time to get back to it.

Signature 

For quality historical and realistically accurate poses and props, please visit My DAZ Store

Want the latest news? Check out my facebook page to find out what’s in the works.

Posted: 05 July 2012 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-16

And here’s one to show how well it sits…

Image Attachments
Female-Hip.jpg

Posted: 05 July 2012 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4772
Joined  2011-10-04

I see some gem shaders sneaked in! Clever! smile

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 13 July 2012 01:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-16

Just letting you know that Daz have purchased the Towel Set from SickleYield and myself, so we are no longer in control of the timing for its release.

Image Attachments
Main.jpg

Posted: 13 July 2012 09:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1548
Joined  2009-08-08

Ah. Hopefully at some point before the autumn sales. They had one in August last year, iirc.

4 of 4