Genesis Towels by Sickleyield and Marieah WIP [Commercial}
Posted: 27 June 2012 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5334
Joined  2008-03-06
Barubary - 27 June 2012 10:24 AM
SickleYield - 25 June 2012 10:14 PM

There are optional JCMs and extra movement morphs for just that.  I personally hate it when I buy a split-fronted item whose front won’t split. :D I’ll do a couple of demo renders on the rigging as soon as I’ve got preliminary textures from Marieah.

Actually, I think one of the big advantages of your products is the large amount of custom / movement morphs they tend to have. It’s such a big plus, yet unfortunately, a lot of today’s clothing comes with only ‘fit’ morphs.

Thank you!  I try to make products that I myself will want to use in renders (in that rare moment when I have time to render for fun instead of just for promos).

Here’s a shaving or kick-appropriate pose using the optional JCM for the Bend value of the thigh handles.  Clearly the Genesis fem here has read the forum TOS, which is why she is shaving in a bathtub while wearing a towel.

Image Attachments
ShaveLegsPromo.jpg
 Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery and tutorials.

Posted: 27 June 2012 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8982
Joined  2004-07-21

Will the shaving pose be included?  What about the mirrored version so she can shave the other leg?

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 27 June 2012 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06

Nah, it isn’t fully custom, it’s a pastiche of a couple of V4 and V5 poses.  It’s very easy to make the towel do that, though.  Just bend the handle to -90 degrees and set the same handle’s optional JCM to 100%.

We’ve talked about a pose pack being made and sold separately.  It’s just too much to do for the main product (it’s already got quite a lot of content for us to manage and troubleshoot).

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

Posted: 03 July 2012 12:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  520
Joined  2006-09-16

An image showing a couple of the Beach Towel texture options:

Image Attachments
beach2.jpg

Posted: 03 July 2012 01:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1137
Joined  2003-11-25

There are optional JCMs and extra movement morphs for just that.  I personally hate it when I buy a split-fronted item whose front won’t split. :D I’ll do a couple of demo renders on the rigging as soon as I’ve got preliminary textures from Marieah.

Actually, I think one of the big advantages of your products is the large amount of custom / movement morphs they tend to have. It’s such a big plus, yet unfortunately, a lot of today’s clothing comes with only ‘fit’ morphs.

I have to say (since I have an advanced copy of the set so that I can build an accompanying pose set), I am really, truly impressed with all the fit morphs and extra movement morphs.  I mean, this is an “above and beyond” clothing set.  You all will be totally blown away with the quality of work and craftsmanship.

Signature 

For quality historical and realistically accurate poses and props, please visit My DAZ Store

Want the latest news? Check out my facebook page to find out what’s in the works.

Posted: 03 July 2012 06:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6562
Joined  2006-02-20

Tentative question: will you need DS4.5 or will DS4.0.3.47 work too?
And will the fuzzier materials kill the opening of DS scenes like the fur shaders?

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 03 July 2012 06:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-16
Kerya - 03 July 2012 06:08 AM

Tentative question: will you need DS4.5 or will DS4.0.3.47 work too?
And will the fuzzier materials kill the opening of DS scenes like the fur shaders?

It’s tested only in the current release version of DS which is 4.0.3.47. There is no reason why it shouldn’t work fine in 4.5. I really wouldn’t use a beta program to develop a product without a very good reason.

Shader Mixer has issues with the saving of scenes. The issue is not with Furify at all, which previously had no issues of this kind at all. These issues were introduced in a subsequent version of DS persist in version 4.0.3.47. I don’t know whether they are fixed in 4.5. One hopes they are as a fair bit of work has apparently gone into Shader Mixer. There is nothing than can be done within Furify to change this.

I’ve included a “restore default surfaces” preset so people can remove the furry shader before saving the scene.

Posted: 03 July 2012 07:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6562
Joined  2006-02-20

Sorry - I didn’t want to step on toes. It’s just that I do have the Fantasy for Supersuit and it does include two of the Furify shaders. I wasn’t so happy not to be able to reopen a scene, that is all. I have made it a habit of rightclicking on one of the furified material zones to change all to something harmless before saving. Other shaders don’t have that problem, that’s why I asked about the longer fuzzy materials ...

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 03 July 2012 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
FeralFey - 03 July 2012 01:00 AM

I have to say (since I have an advanced copy of the set so that I can build an accompanying pose set), I am really, truly impressed with all the fit morphs and extra movement morphs.  I mean, this is an “above and beyond” clothing set.  You all will be totally blown away with the quality of work and craftsmanship.

Thank you!  It’s very nice to hear that from someone who’s gotten to play with the goodies.  I’m quite liking your poses in my current promo rendering as well (I’m certainly eager to see the male ones!).

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

Posted: 04 July 2012 12:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-25
SickleYield - 03 July 2012 11:20 AM

Thank you!  It’s very nice to hear that from someone who’s gotten to play with the goodies.  I’m quite liking your poses in my current promo rendering as well (I’m certainly eager to see the male ones!).

Will be sending you some presently.  (Color me embarrassed that I didn’t get them to you yesterday. I was zozzed when I called it a night.)

Signature 

For quality historical and realistically accurate poses and props, please visit My DAZ Store

Want the latest news? Check out my facebook page to find out what’s in the works.

Posted: 04 July 2012 12:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-16

I’m just adding some partials so you can apply your chosen toweling, then quickly apply a print to it if you don’t want to use just a diffuse color.

I’ll also add some layered dirt - soiled and filthy - that can be clicked onto any texture. I’ll get the update to you two later today.

Posted: 04 July 2012 12:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06

No problem, we all have days like that.  grin

Edit: I crossposted with Marieah.  That’s exciting and I will look forward to it as well!

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

Posted: 04 July 2012 12:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-25
Marieah - 04 July 2012 12:31 AM

I’m just adding some partials so you can apply your chosen toweling, then quickly apply a print to it if you don’t want to use just a diffuse color.

I’ll also add some layered dirt - soiled and filthy - that can be clicked onto any texture. I’ll get the update to you two later today.

Oooohhhh! Dirty towels!  That will be cool.  But then I’ll have to come up with a dirty soap texture for my soapbar prop I spent all of today building.  I wanted to build a razor or a step stool instead because the comment made by Miss Bad Wolf (at least I think it was her) got me thinking about adding a couple of shaving poses to the set.  If I’m not careful, I’ll wind up making more poses than I have sense!  Lol.

Signature 

Posted: 04 July 2012 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-16

Fist go with towel texture added. The chosen towel weave is fairly flat in this case. I wanted to try one of FF’s cute ducky poses.

Now for for a dirt test…

Image Attachments
Ducky.jpg

Posted: 04 July 2012 11:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2010-12-19
SickleYield - 27 June 2012 12:18 PM

Thank you!  I try to make products that I myself will want to use in renders (in that rare moment when I have time to render for fun instead of just for promos).

Here’s a shaving or kick-appropriate pose using the optional JCM for the Bend value of the thigh handles.  Clearly the Genesis fem here has read the forum TOS, which is why she is shaving in a bathtub while wearing a towel.

YOU’RE THE BEST!! It is mine the moment it hits the store!!

Alexa

Image Attachments
jcdragon-want.gif
jcdragon-drool.gif
jcdragon-nod.gif
 Signature 

Gallery for the Freebie Challenge: http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/FreebieChallenge/
Deviantart: http://nemurenainda.deviantart.com/  (WARNING: copious amounts of anime)

守 (Protector, Mamoru)

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thereby compensating for Moore’s Law.

3 of 4