Digital Art Zone

2 of 4
Genesis Towels by Sickleyield and Marieah WIP [Commercial}
Posted: 26 June 2012 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4900
Joined  2008-03-06

The Wad and Wrinkle 2 morphs on the prop towel, plus the rubber ducky.

Image Attachments
FloorMorphs.jpg
 Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 26 June 2012 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  608
Joined  2012-02-07

Hmm…this may prove to be interesting.

Signature 

Black is Beautiful II - a repository of links and rendering tips for darker skinned characters

Posted: 26 June 2012 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1579
Joined  2009-08-08
Marieah - 26 June 2012 12:39 PM
Loaar - 26 June 2012 04:30 AM

Will the towels have textures or shaders?

The towel set, while interesting, probably won’t be useful to me. I can see possible uses for towel fabric shaders though that might make me buy this.

I was going to do a combination, but I’m increasingly inclined towards making them all shaders. There will be a few, like the trims for the beach towels, that contain transparency and are precisely placed so will probably only be useful with this set. But all the rest are universal. Because of the way they are mapped, I haven’t need to use texture maps at all.

There are tons of morphs for the prop towel. I’ll do some renders of them soon. A few of them have the towel thrown on the floor as well as hanging, folded or rolled.

I wanted to see whether the towels would make a tribal outfit when put together and textured with Totally Bazaar and I think they do. I’m including some batik shaders so the towels can be used as sarongs, and I may include a few African fabrics as well. I like the idea that this is more than a towel set.

Excuse the black spot on the render. It wouldn’t finish - stuck and 99 per cent - and I got sick of waiting for it.

They layer? Or did you have to use Sickleyeild’s new clipping suit to clear poke-through? (In either case it looks great!)

Posted: 26 June 2012 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06

They layer.  There’s an extra morph in the chest towel just for that.

Everyone should buy the Super Clip Fixer anyway, though, just in case. ;D

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 26 June 2012 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4533
Joined  2004-08-11

WOW… totally missed this since I’m now in the habit of going to the Commercial forum for new for sale items.. glad I’m bored and going through the Commons today or I wouldn’t have known this was in the works until after it hit the store….. grin

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 26 June 2012 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1695
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,
So…an updated version of Aiko 3’s Towel Set and V4’s less cool towel set?  Nice!

The only drawback is that it was the one clothing project I was tempted to try building, since nobody else seemed to be meeting the Genesis need for drying.  And that’s not much of a drawback, ‘cause I don’t think I’ll ever have the time to learn to model. hmmm

I’m looking forward to it!

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 26 June 2012 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2006-09-16
Cypherfox - 26 June 2012 06:05 PM

Greetings,
So…an updated version of Aiko 3’s Towel Set and V4’s less cool towel set?  Nice!

Not quite. It’s a completely new towel set that is better than either of them because there is much more in it and more morphs as well.

It’s not based on either of those sets, but on what we thought a towel set should include.

Posted: 26 June 2012 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  197
Joined  2011-03-31

Thanks for the info on the shaders Marieah. I’ll keep my eye out for this one.

Posted: 26 June 2012 07:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1579
Joined  2009-08-08

I’m assuming that one of the prop morphs is hanging over a rod? draped over a basic chair would be another potentially useful one.

Although really I probably ought to learn to deal with dynamics, and expect to use the shaders.

Posted: 26 June 2012 07:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1695
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,

Marieah - 26 June 2012 06:20 PM
Cypherfox - 26 June 2012 06:05 PM

Greetings,

Not quite. It’s a completely new towel set that is better than either of them because there is much more in it and more morphs as well.

It’s not based on either of those sets, but on what we thought a towel set should include.

Yes, a thousand apologies, I didn’t mean to imply it was ‘just updating’ those, but that it was in that vein.  (The search sample picture for the Aiko towel set, for example, is a good reference of ‘neck towel’ for the people who were curious.)

I’m definitely looking forward to it.

And the rubber ducky. smile  You just know that duck is going to end up looming over a Stonemason city, casting an ominous shadow…his booming quack leaving residents quaking in their boots.

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 26 June 2012 07:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
JOdel - 26 June 2012 07:29 PM

I’m assuming that one of the prop morphs is hanging over a rod? draped over a basic chair would be another potentially useful one.

Although really I probably ought to learn to deal with dynamics, and expect to use the shaders.

Current prop towel morph list:

Folded
HangFoldedMessy01
HangFoldedMessy02
HangFoldedNeat01
HangFoldedNeat02
HangFromPoint
Ripples
Rolled
Wad
Wrinkles01
Wrinkles02

I thought about the draped over a chair one, but I couldn’t figure a way to do it that would fit a good enough variety of different chairs.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 26 June 2012 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4533
Joined  2004-08-11

NICE!  smile

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 27 June 2012 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2006-09-16

I’m including one super fluffy Shader Mixer option that you can color with your own diffuse.

Image Attachments
fluffy2.jpg

Posted: 27 June 2012 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  747
Joined  2005-12-12
SickleYield - 25 June 2012 10:14 PM

There are optional JCMs and extra movement morphs for just that.  I personally hate it when I buy a split-fronted item whose front won’t split. :D I’ll do a couple of demo renders on the rigging as soon as I’ve got preliminary textures from Marieah.

Actually, I think one of the big advantages of your products is the large amount of custom / movement morphs they tend to have. It’s such a big plus, yet unfortunately, a lot of today’s clothing comes with only ‘fit’ morphs.

Posted: 27 June 2012 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  197
Joined  2011-03-31
Marieah - 27 June 2012 09:06 AM

I’m including one super fluffy Shader Mixer option that you can color with your own diffuse.

Now that looks very cool. That shader alone will get you a sale.

2 of 4