Digital Art Zone

1 of 4
Genesis Towels by Sickleyield and Marieah WIP [Commercial}
Posted: 25 June 2012 09:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  520
Joined  2006-09-16

We know quite a few of you have been asking for these, so Sickelyield and I are currently working on a set of towels for Genesis.

Included will be:

Waist Towel
Chest Towel
Neck Towel
Head Towel
Morphing Prop Towel
Rubber Duckie

I’m doing a load of different toweling textures in shader form that load in white and to which you can easily add your own diffuse colors to. These towels are mapped with loads of material zones, so there should be lots of versatility. I’m still working on it, but these two images show some of the different toweling textures put together with green and peach diffuse colors.

I’ll also include some MAT poses for beach towels with fringing and some batik-type textures to allow them to be used as sarongs.

Also, if you put the chest, waist and head towels together, it makes a nice female African outfit, so I’ll include some textures for this too.

We really hope you like these. I’ll post more images as I get the textures done.

Image Attachments
towelgreen.jpg
peach.jpg

Posted: 25 June 2012 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9017
Joined  2004-07-21

So there will be towels for guys and towels for gals?  That is cool.

What is a neck towel?

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 25 June 2012 10:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-16
Miss Bad Wolf - 25 June 2012 09:42 PM

What is a neck towel?

Just like real towels, there are not boys towels and girls towels. And this is Genesis. Any towel will work for anyone. But a female would be more likely to wear a chest towel, as pictured, and a male a waist towel.

I’ll post any image of the neck towel when I’ve textured it. But it’s a small towel that a man might might sling around neck while shaving, or a woman might use while applying a hair or face treatment.

Posted: 25 June 2012 10:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9017
Joined  2004-07-21
Marieah - 25 June 2012 10:03 PM
Miss Bad Wolf - 25 June 2012 09:42 PM

What is a neck towel?

Just like real towels, there are not boys towels and girls towels. And this is Genesis. Any towel will work for anyone. But a female would be more likely to wear a chest towel, as pictured, and a male a waist towel.

I’ll post any image of the neck towel when I’ve textured it. But it’s a small towel that a man might might sling around neck while shaving, or a woman might use while applying a hair or face treatment.

I knew towels do not come in boy or girl, but I was referring to the way they hang on the body.  Chest towel for women and waist towel for men.  That is all I meant.  Sorry.

This looks cool.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 25 June 2012 10:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2010-12-19

Awesome! Exactly what I need!

Would it be possible to request that the towels handle being able to split apart for walking, raising legs inbetween the towel (like for shaving or similar activities—or kicking perverts in the head! LOL)?

Again, thanks a ton!

Alexa smile

Signature 

Gallery for the Freebie Challenge: http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/FreebieChallenge/
Deviantart: http://nemurenainda.deviantart.com/  (WARNING: copious amounts of anime)

守 (Protector, Mamoru)

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thereby compensating for Moore’s Law.

Posted: 25 June 2012 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5334
Joined  2008-03-06

There are optional JCMs and extra movement morphs for just that.  I personally hate it when I buy a split-fronted item whose front won’t split. :D I’ll do a couple of demo renders on the rigging as soon as I’ve got preliminary textures from Marieah.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery and tutorials.

Posted: 25 June 2012 10:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2010-12-19
SickleYield - 25 June 2012 10:14 PM

There are optional JCMs and extra movement morphs for just that.  I personally hate it when I buy a split-fronted item whose front won’t split. :D I’ll do a couple of demo renders on the rigging as soon as I’ve got preliminary textures from Marieah.

When?!  shock In the DAZ store? cheese  I prefer DAZ over Renderosity.

THESE ARE AWESOME!

Alexa smirk

Signature 

Gallery for the Freebie Challenge: http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/FreebieChallenge/
Deviantart: http://nemurenainda.deviantart.com/  (WARNING: copious amounts of anime)

守 (Protector, Mamoru)

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thereby compensating for Moore’s Law.

Posted: 25 June 2012 10:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5334
Joined  2008-03-06
Alexa Sears - 25 June 2012 10:33 PM
SickleYield - 25 June 2012 10:14 PM

When?!  shock In the DAZ store? cheese  I prefer DAZ over Renderosity.

THESE ARE AWESOME!

Alexa smirk

That’s our plan!

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery and tutorials.

Posted: 25 June 2012 11:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-16

Here’s the Neck Towel, as promised. I haven’t done any beach towels textures yet as I’m having too much fun making lots of different towelling shaders for you.

Image Attachments
Neck-1.jpg

Posted: 26 June 2012 01:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1584
Joined  2012-01-04

Whenever I have purchased sets there are only “Bath Towels, Hand Towels and Wash Cloths”. I’ve never heard of a neck towel, but it could be considered a hand towel and it would be nice if you also had wash cloths for a complete set.

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

Posted: 26 June 2012 01:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-16
Ledhead - 26 June 2012 01:26 AM

Whenever I have purchased sets there are only “Bath Towels, Hand Towels and Wash Cloths”. I’ve never heard of a neck towel, but it could be considered a hand towel and it would be nice if you also had wash cloths for a complete set.

A Neck Towel is not a particular kind of towel, but a way of wearing a smaller towel on the body. It’s done all the time and is probably the most common usage of a towel in real life.  Waist towels and chest towels are not different kinds of towels either, but different ways of using the same towel that require separate figures in Daz Studio. I’m sorry if this wasn’ t clear.

You can easily resize the morphing Prop Towel to make a washcloth if you wish. This is more a towel/clothing set than bath set. It has the prop towel included to give you all the versatility you need.

We haven’t shown the prop towel here yet, but it’s totally awesome with tons of morphs to fold it, roll it, wrinkle it or hang it in all kinds of ways.

Posted: 26 June 2012 03:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6566
Joined  2006-02-20

Rubber Duckie!!!
See, I am reading the whole text!

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 26 June 2012 04:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  195
Joined  2011-03-31

Will the towels have textures or shaders?

The towel set, while interesting, probably won’t be useful to me. I can see possible uses for towel fabric shaders though that might make me buy this.

Posted: 26 June 2012 06:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4806
Joined  2011-10-04

RUBBER DUCKY! SQUEE!

Hey, can we also get “a towel in a heap” morph too? ‘Cause that would be useful as well (imagine all those towels tossed to the floor).

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 26 June 2012 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-16
Loaar - 26 June 2012 04:30 AM

Will the towels have textures or shaders?

The towel set, while interesting, probably won’t be useful to me. I can see possible uses for towel fabric shaders though that might make me buy this.

I was going to do a combination, but I’m increasingly inclined towards making them all shaders. There will be a few, like the trims for the beach towels, that contain transparency and are precisely placed so will probably only be useful with this set. But all the rest are universal. Because of the way they are mapped, I haven’t need to use texture maps at all.

Skiriki - 26 June 2012 06:15 AM

RUBBER DUCKY! SQUEE!

Hey, can we also get “a towel in a heap” morph too? ‘Cause that would be useful as well (imagine all those towels tossed to the floor).

There are tons of morphs for the prop towel. I’ll do some renders of them soon. A few of them have the towel thrown on the floor as well as hanging, folded or rolled.

I wanted to see whether the towels would make a tribal outfit when put together and textured with Totally Bazaar and I think they do. I’m including some batik shaders so the towels can be used as sarongs, and I may include a few African fabrics as well. I like the idea that this is more than a towel set.

Excuse the black spot on the render. It wouldn’t finish - stuck and 99 per cent - and I got sick of waiting for it.

Image Attachments
africa.jpg

Posted: 26 June 2012 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4806
Joined  2011-10-04

Awesome!

*checks ‘will buy’ for this one*

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.