Cyborg part 2

Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 442
edited September 2013 in Art Studio

Here is part 2 of my mini cyborg movie. I'm gathering sound effects and music. I think some music will really spice this up. Thanks for looking:

Cyborg part 2

edit: added a temporary soundtrack

Post edited by Salem2007 on

Comments

  • bighbigh Posts: 5,519
    edited December 1969

    Salem2007 said:
    Here is part 2 of my mini cyborg movie. I'm gathering sound effects and music. I think some music will really spice this up. Thanks for looking:

    Cyborg part 2

    edit: added a temporary soundtrack

    cool effects

  • PosermocapPosermocap Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

    Looks good. Animation and render quality are very good.

    How long did this take to render?

  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 1,028
    edited December 1969

    Looking good, the camera motion/angle changes work pretty well ... sometimes they can be overdone, but here it works.

  • Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 442
    edited September 2013

    @ bigh: Thanks! I had to cut a few things out because they didn't work, but most of what I rendered I was able ot use.

    @Posermocap: I rendered 12 10 second clips over a period of 3 days. Anything with glass reflections took quite a while, but I really wanted those reflections (since this was a scene about "reflection", I thought it would be cool).

    @ SteveK: I really need to keep the camera still to cover more angles. I had to scrap a few pieces because the cuts were too jarring. The "ending" doesn't work well to me--I had to insert a screen capture between edits to minimize the jump-cut.


    I saw some music packs at Rendo by DemianFox--has anyone used any of them? The stuff I found from youtube is ok (free is free), but I can't edit it in as smoothly as I'd like. If I had the music and images, I could match them better.

    Thanks again for looking!

    Post edited by Salem2007 on
  • PosermocapPosermocap Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

    I've used some of the DemianFox music packs. They work quite well and tend to be pretty techno/synth oriented. I have also used Kevin MacLeod (incomptech.com) as a source of music under a creative commons attribution license - he has a very wide array of music to choose from. In fact, I used his "Hitman" and "Ominous Gloom" pieces in the latest promo videos for our upcoming mocap packs.

    Videocopilot is another one that I've used with his ProScores pack. and Designer Sound FX packs. The Proscores are very widely used and you'll probably recognize a few of them, but the Designer Sound FX has some nice sound elements that can be used to enhance a video.

  • Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

    I've used some of the DemianFox music packs. They work quite well and tend to be pretty techno/synth oriented. I have also used Kevin MacLeod (incomptech.com) as a source of music under a creative commons attribution license - he has a very wide array of music to choose from. In fact, I used his "Hitman" and "Ominous Gloom" pieces in the latest promo videos for our upcoming mocap packs.

    Videocopilot is another one that I've used with his ProScores pack. and Designer Sound FX packs. The Proscores are very widely used and you'll probably recognize a few of them, but the Designer Sound FX has some nice sound elements that can be used to enhance a video.

    Thanks--I've looked at Pro Scores once or twice. It seems like a nice package. I'll check out Designer Sound FX as well.

  • John SimsJohn Sims Posts: 340
    edited December 1969

    Very nice indeed and I think the choice of music works well.

    I thought the lens flare was a little over done. It became distracting, and obvious, compared to something which should be there but only because it should be there rather than become the subject (if that makes sense). Less is more.

    A small gripe on the link. It links to a playlist not just the individual clip.

    For more music choices look for Royalty Free on Amazon. You will have to make a small one off payment for the track or album but then its yours to use as you please.

  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 1,028
    edited December 1969

    I have a good sized library of Digital Juice products, including Sound FX (four large collections with key word indexes) and music. One of the older music options is "StackTraxx", which currently has four "retiring" volumes for $30 each - R&B, Latin, European, & Jazz. Each volume has

    20 original full-length songs
    125 Total tracks
    1 DVD-ROM
    4 broadcast cuts (:60, :30, :15, & :10)
    4-7 individual "layers" in each song

    The layers means you can select any combination of the insturments, helpful for keeping the same feel in various parts of the video, without just playing the same song mix. Previews here:

    http://www.digitaljuice.com/products/product_lines.asp?plid=11

  • Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

    John Sims said:
    Very nice indeed and I think the choice of music works well.

    I thought the lens flare was a little over done. It became distracting, and obvious, compared to something which should be there but only because it should be there rather than become the subject (if that makes sense). Less is more.

    A small gripe on the link. It links to a playlist not just the individual clip.

    For more music choices look for Royalty Free on Amazon. You will have to make a small one off payment for the track or album but then its yours to use as you please.

    Thank you--I agree with the lens flare: I'll tone it down next time. I'm afraid I don't know how to change the link, though,,,,

  • Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

    Steve K said:
    I have a good sized library of Digital Juice products, including Sound FX (four large collections with key word indexes) and music. One of the older music options is "StackTraxx", which currently has four "retiring" volumes for $30 each - R&B, Latin, European, & Jazz. Each volume has

    20 original full-length songs
    125 Total tracks
    1 DVD-ROM
    4 broadcast cuts (:60, :30, :15, & :10)
    4-7 individual "layers" in each song

    The layers means you can select any combination of the insturments, helpful for keeping the same feel in various parts of the video, without just playing the same song mix. Previews here:

    http://www.digitaljuice.com/products/product_lines.asp?plid=11

    Cool--I'll check those out, as well...

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Nice. Now I'm wondering where it goes from here. Good work.

Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel