Digital Art Zone

Bit of a Grump
Posted: 05 September 2013 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2003-10-09

I’ve just started on a fairly complex project and it is only now since the release of 8.5 and the way it categorizes libraries that I am realizing just how useless that small area allotted to libraries is….

Why or why isn’t it detachable so I can move it to my second monitor and make it large enough to find stuff without having to constantly scroll through libraries.

....unless I’ve missed something all these years?

Signature 

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”
- Robert A. Heinlein

Poser Pro 2012
Intel Core i7-2600 X64,
16 GB DDR 3,
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560,
Windows 8 Pro X64

http://tastiger.dhs.org/

Joined <——Actually been around since the first freebie ever when the site was still called Zygtote

Posted: 05 September 2013 05:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  243
Joined  2005-04-28

You are missing something…  :D

Go to your carrara Preferences, and choose the General Preferences (seen in the first picture I’m uploading to here.)

Select the checkbox to split large screens between two screens.

Make sure both screens are selected in the multiple monitors near that checkbox (they are on mine, so they are both dark)

Load your scene.

View/FullScreen.  Your Carrara should now take up both monitors.

Doubleclick on the top bar of the scene box and drag it into the second monitor (which should only have grey.

Expand your smart content window to as big as you want it!!!

Boojum the brown bunny

Image Attachments
CarraraPreferences.pngCarrara2screen.png

Posted: 05 September 2013 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5903
Joined  2007-12-04

so in the second image (bottom one), the right is what you see on one, and the left is what you see on the other monitor?
If so… I have to go get another monitor. They should use the same size, Hz, Res and such, right? To please Windows?
Thanks for showing this. I’ve never thought I would make use of two - this looks too cool to Not use!

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 05 September 2013 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks but I keep getting hung on a black screen - think this thread covers it:-
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/28385/

Signature 

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”
- Robert A. Heinlein

Poser Pro 2012
Intel Core i7-2600 X64,
16 GB DDR 3,
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560,
Windows 8 Pro X64

http://tastiger.dhs.org/

Joined <——Actually been around since the first freebie ever when the site was still called Zygtote

Posted: 05 September 2013 10:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2007-04-21
Dartanbeck - 05 September 2013 06:09 PM

They should use the same size, Hz, Res and such, right? To please Windows?

They don’t have to but if you have the choice, why not? It’ll be easier to look at.