Digital Art Zone

1 of 3
First-Week-In-September (Unofficial) Freebie Mini-Challenge
Posted: 01 September 2013 06:57 AM   [ Ignore ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2609
Joined  2010-11-30

With everything that’s gone on IRL (and from a PM that Music2u4u sent me), it looks like nobody’s hosting the September Freebie Challenge ... yet. Here’s an unofficial mini-challenge to keep things going until Music2u4u can find a host for this month.

Remember the game show “Win Ben Stein’s Money”? Even if you don’t, here’s your chance to Win Rob Kelk’s Money! Show me a scene from a game show - any game show, as long as it meets the forum TOS - and the best one gets $15 of my money as a DAZ3D GC.

Entries close end-of-day Daz Time on September 5. (By then, somebody should have stepped up to the plate and started the real Freebie Challenge… I hope.)

Will you use the freebie in the box, or go with what’s behind the curtain? The prize could be yours - big money, big money - if the render is right!

Super Bonus Round: If your render uses only free characters and items - no “no count” items at all, including V4, M4, and Genesis - and you win, I’ll add $5 to the GC. (Yes, I now expect to see a lot of renders with Apollo, Kururu, and Dawn…)

The Rules with my contest-specific changes in italics:

1. A minimum of 8 freebies (not the usual 10 - we’re on a tight timetable here).

2. A maximum of 3 purchased items. (you may use paid plugins towards your commercial count.)

3. Base figures (V4, K4, Genesis and M4) don’t count as a purchased item or a freebie and may be used as needed.

4. No postwork. This rule WILL NOT CHANGE SO DON’T ASK! (except for signatures and borders)

5. Bryce, Hexagon, Blender, Poser and Daz are allowed for the contest.  Items given free with these Apps will not count towards the freebie count as they will not be available for all users, but can be used as non countable items. 3rd party Poser figures need clarification as they can normally only be used within poser and are essentially paid for items as Poser is a paid for app.

6. Morphs will count toward a purchased item.

7. For an item to be considered free it must be offered as a freebie for the whole of the month. The exception to this rule is all Daz weekly freebies will be allowed throughout the entire month in which they are free. All permanent Daz freebies will be allowed at any time.

8. All links to freebies must work, and all freebies must be clearly and completely seen, not obstructed or hidden in any way from clear total viewing, no water reflections, or reflections that bend the freebie or distort it from it’s original form allowed without the freebie being seen above or outside the reflection itself as a stand alone, the freebie must be seen without having to enlarge the render to see it in any way, no items put against something the same color or texture making it blend into the other item. You may not link to items that specifically ask you not to link to them.

9. This is a family challenge for all ages, so there will be NO NUDITY OR SEXUALLY EXPLICIT OR EXTREMELY VIOLENT SITUATIONS ALLOWED WHATSOEVER.

10. All the rules above will be enforced. If you do not understand any of them, please pm me or ask in the current challenge thread.DO NOT ASK FOR SPECIAL FAVORS AS THIS CONTEST MUST BE FAIR FOR ALL. Rich or poor, new computers or old, all will be treated equally. Newbies will be given as much help as we can offer.

11. You may enter as many renders as you like each month, as long as they qualify.

12. You may post any renders you like without freebies or paid fors, these will be called NAEs, so please list them as such. They will not be considered entries.

13. Having fun is a must. Play hard, but please do not hurt anyone. The Daz team and/or MOD has the right to edit or remove any inappropriate comments they wish to. This will not change.

14. (doesn’t apply - I’m the only judge for this)

15. (doesn’t apply - this is a mini-contest)

16. You may use as many freebies from “community” sites. These are sites that feature free items from various authors, like Sharecg.com or Renderosity.com. You may NOT repeat a link to a third party site “exactly” once used in the entry, You can, however, use the same third party site link as long as it goes to a different page. Most-digital-creations.com is an example of this.

17. You may edit your entry a maximum of three times. This will include adding or removing of items, change of color or texture, lighting issues, poses, poke throughs. You MUST re-enter the render leaving the original also posted. You also must state what you edited and tell the post that you have re-entered the render for updating. YOU MAY NOT COMPLETELY REPLACE YOUR ENTRY WITH ANOTHER ONE OF A DIFFERENT TYPE. It must retain the original scene setting and characters. You may CHANGE a characters appearance, but not the overall character. It must stay. You may add or take away what else you like or don’t like, just remember….it’s your entry. Any freebies added, must be added to the links and must be working for folks to get.

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge, or the RRRR, or one of the other contests. I think Jaderail would have wanted that.

Posted: 01 September 2013 08:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1078
Joined  2003-11-24

Rob, why don’t you try your hands at hosting this month, looks like you have a good start to it. I’ll judge for you although I have family coming up the middle of the month for two weeks.

Signature 

old post count 2826   ETO and all around crazy person

Posted: 01 September 2013 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-30

I am far too busy this month - I have to train the new guy at work and do my usual job. Maybe next month (looks at calendar) - no, maybe November, unless somebody already has November.

I also don’t have any prizes lined up for this.

Signature 

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge, or the RRRR, or one of the other contests. I think Jaderail would have wanted that.

Posted: 01 September 2013 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-30

Music’s hosting this month…
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/28238/

I’ll still run this one, for fun. And I’ll still give away that $15 or $20 GC.

Signature 

Posted: 01 September 2013 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  688
Joined  2006-05-18

This sounds like it could be fun.  One questions…does it have to be realistic, as in, only humans for such? or can you go fantasy or sci fi and maybe use creatures?

Signature 

I Am Not An Expert Because I Never Stop Being A Student And Continue To Learn.

Posted: 01 September 2013 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

Welcome CallieVee this thread should actually be closed. Music2u4u is hosting the Sept challenge, if you go back to the main Freepository you will see his thread.  I will also let music answer that question, he will be able to let you know what he has in mind for the theme this month.  Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Signature 

Posted: 01 September 2013 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-05-18

Bummer and I actually had an image in mind…lol

Signature 

Posted: 01 September 2013 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-30

Hey, it’s my money to give away… and it’s only going for five days.

CalieVee, you can use any game show you want. Fantasy, SF, realistic, whatever - it just has to be recognizable as a game show.

Signature 

Posted: 01 September 2013 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

ok, so you’re going to have a mini contest. not sure what that is all about but… ok…..

Signature 

Posted: 02 September 2013 02:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-05-18

Thank you and for the record, I did a search of game show type models, you either have to pay through the nose (turbo squid), figure out how to convert sketchup files or make your own set.

Signature 

Posted: 02 September 2013 03:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1829
Joined  2006-02-17
CalieVee - 02 September 2013 02:04 AM

Thank you and for the record, I did a search of game show type models, you either have to pay through the nose (turbo squid), figure out how to convert sketchup files or make your own set.

Music ruled that items from the Google/Trimble 3D Warehouse are ineligible some months back.  So SKP/DAE files are not going to be useful.

EDIT:  Discussion and decision was made during the Jan 2012 “Let It Snow” Freebie challenge for those interested. http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=180163&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=140

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 02 September 2013 03:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1102
Joined  2012-10-10

What do you mean by “game shows”? Can a roulette and so on be posted?

Posted: 02 September 2013 04:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  465
Joined  2003-11-30

Game show? Me ‘n’ Thoie did a game show once…yeah, she wudden’t to crazy ‘bout it edder…but, hey! It got us a shot at a hunnert bucks!

1.) Moustache 19th from Top.

2.) Mitch Hair

3.) Unforgiven for Aiko 3 Cigar Prop Only. Download Link on Right.

4.) The Fedora Registration Required.

5.) 8 TShirts for Genesis Registration Required. Also used for 2nd figure. Texture is my own (may release later).

6.) Horror Hatchet Prop for Poser - Updated Registration Requried.

7.) Gnetho for Genesis Registration Requried. Character Morph.

8.) Minx A4 Skin Texture Only.

9.) Genesis Swimwear Registration Requried.

10.) Assorted Colors for August Hair Registration Required. Note: The August Hair is still available via a direct link to the zip file, but I don’t know if posting it here is legal or not.

11.) Cart 3D Model Converted.

12.) Stage #01 Cyclorama texture Registration Required. Texture Only, Cyclorama not used.

All 3DS format items converted to .obj format for import into Studio by using PoserRay, available at PoserRay Converts Lightwave and 3DS files into easy to use .OBJ format files. Free and easy to use.

Paid For: M4 Cargo Pants (a DAZ Item)  M4 Skin, Genesis Head and Body Morphs.

Figure set-up in DAZ Studio 4.6 and final render in Bryce 7. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright date.

No persons living or dead were harmed in the production of this render.

Image Attachments
!!_Dont_Hack_Your_Honey!.jpg

Posted: 02 September 2013 04:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1102
Joined  2012-10-10

Lord Ganthor… What can I say… Fabulous raspberry.

Posted: 02 September 2013 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-30
cecilia.robinson - 02 September 2013 03:30 AM

What do you mean by “game shows”? Can a roulette and so on be posted?

Be as broad or as narrow as you wish - the idea is to stimulate people’s creativity (especially since there are so few ready-made props for the theme).

Signature 

Posted: 02 September 2013 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-30
Lord Ganthor - 02 September 2013 04:05 AM

Game show? Me ‘n’ Thoie did a game show once…yeah, she wudden’t to crazy ‘bout it edder…but, hey! It got us a shot at a hunnert bucks!

An’ ya got yerself a chance at annuder fifteen bucks!
Entry Accepted!

Signature 

1 of 3